115L bufalo? (Pioneer DVR-115D / DVR-1910)

Can you guys help me here?? I did lots of searches and camo up without the answer to my question. Is the 115L buffalo?? like the 112L or do you just crossflash it to the A15 whatever and use the same firmware that you use on the (D) version? if not then where is updated buffalo 115L and is it SL bitsetting by default?? thanks guys

Joe

L is Buffalo.
Is there a 115L kernel available??

@ jcusimano2,

Suggest reviewing the Forum DVR-115L related threads ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pioneer-dvr-115d-crossflashed-dvr-a15-j-dvr-115l-241260/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/crossflash-dvr-115-dvr-a15j-dvr-115l-247436/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/crossflash-dvr-115d-dvr-115-dvr-a15-246861/

I believe the first posting of the first above referenced posting answers your questions.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=chef;2092363]L is Buffalo.
Is there a 115L kernel available??[/QUOTE]

Yes it is the A15 but after flash is the 115(L)

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43868

Thanks Bjkg
but when you say that you used mcse to patch the firmware with rpc-1 speed read & bitset so basically flashing to 115L is just for ram write & labelflash ?? so by default the (L) version doesn’t autobitset +R SL media like the 112buffalo and you need mcse to enable bitset? or is the buffalo version of 115 same as 112 bitset +R SL media by default?

Thanks

joe

My 215D flashed to 215L enabled auto bitset to DVD-ROM afaik on DVD+R SL so I guess the 115L will do the same, only thing I had to do was patch the firmware with MCSE for the read speed patch.

[QUOTE=nemesis01;2093136]My 215D flashed to 215L enabled auto bitset to DVD-ROM afaik on DVD+R SL so I guess the 115L will do the same, only thing I had to do was patch the firmware with MCSE for the read speed patch.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks do you have a link to (L) firmware or after flashing do you just use the regular 1.xx stock firmware from pioneer

Did you even bother to check the links that bjkg provided for you so you wouldn’t ask this question?

[QUOTE=KTL;2093494]Did you even bother to check the links that bjkg provided for you so you wouldn’t ask this question?[/QUOTE]

Yes I did and he said he used MCSE to patch read speed & bitset but I thought bitset was default on even SL also with buffalo so I was just trying to get clarification

Sorry I didnt realize which question you were talking about and yes I checked the kernel + firmware zip archive but still wasn’t sure rather this was (Excluding the kernel file) stock pioneer firmware or buffalo.
yes it is 1.xx firmware but this concept is different than the 112 serise where you had to flash to 8.xx to get buffalo.
I thoroughly use the search function before I post just because I know that someone will jump all over me. but I think that if I can’t get my question answered then it should be ok to ask the question without getting harped (Or however you spell it) on.

When you used TDB’s files for the 112 series, the kernel and firmware were all included in one package, thus, the (*) next to the file meant that particular file needed to be flashed first to get to the Buffalo and subsequent firmwares.

With DVRFlash, once the kernel and firmware files are available, you don’t need to do that anymore. Did you read up on DVRFlash?

Is it so difficult to run the firmware through MSCE and see if “enable bitsetting” box is ticked or not?

It’s not like you are a new member, all these answers can be found if you just try it out.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2093684]…yes I checked the kernel + firmware zip archive but still wasn’t sure rather this was (Excluding the kernel file) stock pioneer firmware or buffalo…[/QUOTE]@ jcusimano2

Evidently your idea and my idea of Clarity are quite different. Nowhere in the 3 Forum referenced postings I provided in posting #3 contains the word “Buffalo”. It is you who is injecting the world “Buffalo” in the DVR-115D to DVR-A15J (DVR-115L) crossflashing discussion.

If you read posting #1 of the first referenced Form posting in posting #3 (for precise clarity -> http://club.cdfreaks.com/2019715-post1.html - “Pioneer DVR-115D CrossFlashed to DVR-A15-J (DVR-115L)”) you will see that in the very first sentence I clearly state that the [B]DVR-A15J Firmware and Kernel File[/B] is used in the Pioneer DVR-115D CrossFlashed to DVR-A15-J (DVR-115L) procedure. Nowhere in the crossflashing procedure discussion is the word “Buffalo” ever used, suggested, and/or mentioned.

Regards,
bjkg

I know this is old but yes I did inject buffalo into it I guess because I associate “L” with buffalo and I realize now that I shouldn’t i guess.
I just really liked the 112 buffalo thing and would like to see it continue with newer pioneer drives

@ jcusimano2,

What would be the “Buffalo Thing” that that is lacking with the Pioneer DVR-A15-J?

Regards,
bjkg

Oh well i don’t think anything is lacking just the fact that if I can avoid modding firmware I will at all cost and with buffalo 112 firmware you get + R SL bitsetting stock without modding with MCSE . and don’t get me wrong I love the fact that ala donates his time to provide us with this great tool but I like to use stock firmware whenever possible especially with lite-on

@ bjkg
do you own a 116 yet?? if so is it burning well for you??

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2111817]…I like to use stock firmware whenever possible especially with lite-on[/QUOTE]

i like to have the Enhanced firmwares and Settings Utility to make me think i am controlling my burns. :stuck_out_tongue: i feel lonely with my 115 even though i [B]LOVE[/B] it. :slight_smile:

some of my best burns with my lite-ons are with stock firmware, Reset HyperTuning, Reset Learned Media and all options off except SmartBurn. :doh: But this is for another forum SORRY. :bow:

[QUOTE=troy512;2111852]i like to have the Enhanced firmwares and Settings Utility to make me think i am controlling my burns. :stuck_out_tongue: i feel lonely with my 115 even though i [B]LOVE[/B] it. :slight_smile:

some of my best burns with my lite-ons are with stock firmware, Reset HyperTuning, Reset Learned Media and all options off except SmartBurn. :doh: But this is for another forum SORRY. :bow:[/QUOTE]

well I am not happy at all with my 116 i hope this changes it is in the closet now