115d problems backing up 360 games

been trying to help my friend back up his 360 games. I have managed to do it on my own pc fine , using a 111D so thought it would be easy enough for him.

First he had a 111, used verbs and clone cd - undreadable disc

he recently built a new pc and also got a new burner - pioneer 115d
burned again using verbs and clone cd, 4 trys later still unreadable disc

he is using 80 wire cables, has just the one cd drive and is set as master

any help would be really appreciated because i am going through each step just as i would on my own

regards
tp

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard truplaya86. :iagree: :clap:
Not really a gamer, however the Pioneers have a reputation as good drives for this purpose.
Is it the media causing a problem. Only most folk that use the 110/111/112 have crossflashed f/w to Buffalo. This for the autobitsetting feature.
If the media is +, then maybe the non bitsetting currently existing with the 115 is the cause of the problem.
Also mosre info would be helpful. Media + or -. When you say the finnished disc is unreadable, is this in the PC the 360 or both?
BTW. The Pioneer needs to be set as the master.

thanks zebadee

the discs are verbatim DVD+R DL

how would i go about flashing the fw to the buffalo for the bitsetting?

the the discs are unreadable in the 360, the drive is set as master

AFAIK there’s no way (currently) to get to 115 to autobitset. There’s no Buffalo f/w yet.

The 115d should auto bitset +DL disks to DVD-ROM, as all previous firmwares do. No need to change the firmware. Just check the booktype after burning.

[QUOTE=ala42;1942440]The 115d should auto bitset +DL disks to DVD-ROM, as all previous firmwares do. No need to change the firmware. Just check the booktype after burning.[/QUOTE]

Just have.
I believed this to be the case, but hadn’t seen any solid confirmation.
A disc done today using the 115 & CloneCD.
Not the best media.