112L & Lightscribe

According to Nero InfoTool the 112L has lightscribe now and I was wondering if anybody has tried it out yet and if so how does it work before I buy the media for it, thanks in advance :confused::confused:

Heyyo Jimbo…is the burner in question a 112D that got crossflashed 112L? If yes then i don’t think you have the LS hardware to use.

In other words just because you flash with LS firmware it does NOT mean you will get free LS out of it.

Yes it was Bob and thanks a million pal :(:frowning:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;1919860]Yes it was Bob and thanks a million pal :(:([/QUOTE]Sorry i didn’t mean to disappoint you. Open the drive tray and look inside for a red laser light. Most of my LS drives have a red laser you can see inside.

On another note that came to my mind is that Pioneers use LF and not LS. LF=Label Flash.

[quote=rolling56;1919862]Sorry i didn’t mean to disappoint you. Open the drive tray and look inside for a red laser light. Most of my LS drives have a red laser you can see inside.

On another note that came to my mind is that Pioneers use LF and not LS. LF=Label Flash.[/quote] OK will check as I have never bothered to even look into this before, Edit: Heck just looked at the specs and it don’t even have LF, should have done this before I posted this thread :(:frowning:

I think the 112L also has DVD-RAM writing so your 112L drive should have that :slight_smile: I use DVD-RAM 4.7gb single sided for backing up personal stuff. I have (6) 5X Panasonic brand and (3) 12X DVD-RAM Maxell brand discs.

The Pioneer DVR-112L doesn’t have LightScribe hardware support.

The 112L has Labelflash support, which doesn’t need special hardware - only firmware.

LightScribe and Labelflash are similar technologies but not compatible; you cannot burn a LightScribe label with a Labelflash drive or vice versa.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1919938]The Pioneer DVR-112L doesn’t have LightScribe hardware support.

The 112L has Labelflash support, which doesn’t need special hardware - only firmware.

LightScribe and Labelflash are similar technologies but not compatible; you cannot burn a LightScribe label with a Labelflash drive or vice versa.[/QUOTE]off topic:

And to make it more confusing for some here you can LF on the writable side of a disc but you cannot with LS.

[quote=DrageMester;1919938]The Pioneer DVR-112L doesn’t have LightScribe hardware support.

LightScribe and Labelflash are similar technologies but not compatible; you cannot burn a LightScribe label with a Labelflash drive or vice versa.[/quote] Where would be a good source for the software to do label flash

[QUOTE=Jimbo;1920052]Where would be a good source for the software to do label flash[/QUOTE]Jim, seems when it was first introduced it was/is an European region only thing but my memory is failing me :doh:

[quote=Jimbo;1920052]Where would be a good source for the software to do label flash[/quote] Nero Cover Designer can burn a Labelflash label, but as far as I know only in the European version (6.6.1.4 or later or some 6.6.1.3 OEM versions).

For a simple and free Labelflash tool, have a look at Labelflash Index Maker available at the Official Labelflash site.

Thankie :bow::bow::bow::bow:I was looking at that site, now one more question if you don’t mind :confused: will a 112D flashed to a 112L be able to do the lableflash?

Well shucks, please forget the above post as I can’t find any lableflash media here in the US :(:frowning:

[quote=Jimbo;1920529]will a 112D flashed to a 112L be able to do the lableflash?[/quote] Most likely yes. I don’t have a 112 series drive, but a 111 or 111D crossflashed to a 111L is able to burn Labelflash labels, so I think the same applies for the 112 series.

[quote=Jimbo;1920559]Well shucks, please forget the above post as I can’t find any lableflash media here in the US :(:([/quote] Fujifilm and Memorex should have Labelflash DVD media on the North American market, but I don’t know where you can get any.

112d or 112 crossflashed with 112L firmware will do labelflash. You can do this by using my package. Labelflash will also be able to label the discs data side.

you can Use nero 7 or 8 to do label flash

[quote=mentor;1921999]you can Use nero 7 or 8 to do label flash[/quote] Thanks for the info but I wouldn’t put Nero on my computer even if they gave it to me, as I have seen to many people having trouble with that program :sad::sad::sad:

Just read post #11 again.

[quote=chef;1922751]Just read post #11 again.[/quote] Why ? I just said that I wouldn’t use Nero, but I did d/l the SW from the lableflash link that Dragemester had in #11

[QUOTE=chef;1922751]Just read post #11 again.[/QUOTE]

Chef want you to use the weblink http://labelflash.jp/enjoy/softdl.html to get a free program for labelflash