112D kick the bucket?

vbimport

This is the IDE version of the 112D (i think the SATA version is 212)… at any rate, all of a sudden it won’t burn no more, I keep getting “calibrate error” after 1%, it still reads fine… Not sure if it’s software problem. I have an LG62N in the same computer that works fine, so I can only assume it’s on it’s way out? what’s the typical life span of a drive? I don’t think I use it much at all (considering I have 2 burner + a few external hook up on the same computer)

Typical cause of power calibration error is due to cheap media. What brand are you using? Also check your connections, both molex and ide to see that they are seated firmly at both ends. You can also try cleaning the drive.

@ warlock111,

Suggest to ensure that you obtain the optimal performance from your Pioneer DVR-112D that you have the most current up to date Firmware installed in your DVR-112D which is version 1.24 (http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/file/DVR-112D_FW124EU.EXE)

To consistently obtain quality error free results only use known proven quality Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media.

Regards,
bjkg

burns verbatim MCC004 fine, doesn’t burn cheap media, you guys are right.

[QUOTE=warlock111;2039607]burns verbatim MCC004 fine, doesn’t burn cheap media, you guys are right.[/QUOTE]

Usually even burns “cheap” media, but some media is dead cheap. :wink:

Happy burning.