111D @ 111L still doing a good job with Verb DL

This is a Verb 2.4X DL I burned tonight @ 4x with my Pioneer. Not bad for an older burner! Using Dangerous Bros. 8.29 f/w.

I’ve never seen a jitter curve like that before!

[QUOTE=Architectonic;2163675]I’ve never seen a jitter curve like that before![/QUOTE]
Not? They’re well known. Mathematicians call them cosine :wink:

[quote=Architectonic;2163675]I’ve never seen a jitter curve like that before![/quote] They happen a lot if when you perform jitter scans at speeds higher than 4x in some (most?) LiteOn drives.

That is why I recommend using registry settings (or C0deKing’s tool) to modify the jitter scanning speed for Nero CD-DVD Speed to 4x.

Higher jitter scanning speeds are pretty much useless IMO for the LiteOn drives that I have.

I did the registry change at some point in the past, but don’t recall exactly what it was now so I can go back and make sure it’s still in place. And I don’t see any tool on C0deKing’s site for setting jitter scan to 4x.

Anyway, wasn’t all that supposed to be fixed with current version of DiscSpeed?

This particular jitter curve is a result of the drive + scanning speed combination. Others have had the same jitter pattern appear at 8x when scanning with a 6S drive. Lowering the overall scanning speed to 4x fixed the issue, as did setting the jitter pass to run at 4x or slower. Switching CD-DVD Speed/DiscSpeed versions didn’t seem to help it.

Some other LiteOns do something similar, and require the same “fix”.

The thread for the Jitter Speed setting tool v3 for Nero CD-DVD Speed NEW

It’s one of those items that resides on the CodeGuys website, but is more easily found through the CDF site.

Use CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.16. This will fix the jitter graph issue.

[quote=Albert;2164005]The thread for the Jitter Speed setting tool v3 for Nero CD-DVD Speed NEW[/quote]Thanks very much for that link, Albert. :slight_smile: