1105hc static/grid problem

Using my 1105HC, it seems that after/during recording (after a few mins), there is intermittent static/gridline that runs across the screen. It often occurs if there is lots of black in the picture (and on between-scene black screens). A static grid thing will show up then go away, intermittently but usually several times a minute.

It is both displaying these problems on the TV screen and recording them to DVDs.

As well as I can tell, it only happens during or after recording. I can start the machine, watch the output from it, and it will be fine. During and after recording is when it happens. I can record something, stop recording, and the problem will still be there on the video output.

I have tried using either the RCA AV input and the coax cable input, both result in the same problem. The unit has the latest FW (10-30-05).

Has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong with it? It does have a fan that runs constantly during recording and on power-on…

The unit I have now is one that I exchanged for another that had the same problem.

Hi,

I know that this is returning to an older thread, but I am writing in the hope that someone has found the cause or a solution to the problem listed below.

I have recently run into this problem with two 1107HC1 models. Both had the same problem as described in the previous post–after recording for a few minutes, there appears a scrolling “static” of small, horizontal black bars.

I have updated the recorder with the most recent firmware (sent to me by email from liteon on August 7th).

In terms of the set-up, it has been connected both to a cablebox DVR and directly to the cable. Similar to the previous poster, I also tried various cables–coaxial, RCA A/V, S-Video…-- In all set-ups, the problem occurred.

Although at this point I am fairly certain that the problem is with the recorder itself, before I return yet another one, does anyone know what causes this problem? Is it a defect in the 110X models? Is there anything in the set-up that I might have missed?

Thank you.

Using my 1105HC, it seems that after/during recording (after a few mins), there is intermittent static/gridline that runs across the screen. It often occurs if there is lots of black in the picture (and on between-scene black screens). A static grid thing will show up then go away, intermittently but usually several times a minute.

It is both displaying these problems on the TV screen and recording them to DVDs.

As well as I can tell, it only happens during or after recording. I can start the machine, watch the output from it, and it will be fine. During and after recording is when it happens. I can record something, stop recording, and the problem will still be there on the video output.

I have tried using either the RCA AV input and the coax cable input, both result in the same problem. The unit has the latest FW (10-30-05).

Has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong with it? It does have a fan that runs constantly during recording and on power-on…

The unit I have now is one that I exchanged for another that had the same problem.