11 security bugs squashed in new Google Chrome version

vbimport

11 security bugs squashed in new Google Chrome version.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/08/u2srGF.jpg[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/11-security-bugs-squashed-in-new-google-chrome-version-33480/](http://www.myce.com/news/11-security-bugs-squashed-in-new-google-chrome-version-33480/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Same with IE or FF they release updates to fix bugs and holes as well.

I don’t believe they pay people for finding the flaws, though, right?

I really like Google’s approach. It’s like Firefox in that the software is open source and that way it’s easier to find flaws to patch. Plus, they incentivize people to submit bug reports by paying for finding large bugs.

[QUOTE=Transmatrix;2539432]I don’t believe they pay people for finding the flaws, though, right?

I really like Google’s approach. It’s like Firefox in that the software is open source and that way it’s easier to find flaws to patch. Plus, they incentivize people to submit bug reports by paying for finding large bugs.[/QUOTE]

Same goes for IE as well as FF. Bug finders will always find a bug somewhere in either software. Regardless if they are paid or not.

[QUOTE=Transmatrix;2539432]I don’t believe they pay people for finding the flaws, though, right?

I really like Google’s approach. It’s like Firefox in that the software is open source and that way it’s easier to find flaws to patch. Plus, they incentivize people to submit bug reports by paying for finding large bugs.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don’t believe the ‘pay for flaw’ program is going to make a difference. Why would someone settle for $2000, when they could sell or exploit the flaw and make $2,000,000? Personally, I would sell the flaw to the highest bidder.

I think the “pay for flaw” program works well to attract the “white hat” hackers. These people will be looking for flaws to report to the browser manufacturers already and if they can get paid for their good deeds, they are more likely to focus on looking for flaws in Chrome than in other browsers.

[QUOTE=CPUSlayer;2539612]I honestly don’t believe the ‘pay for flaw’ program is going to make a difference. Why would someone settle for $2000, when they could sell or exploit the flaw and make $2,000,000? Personally, I would sell the flaw to the highest bidder.[/QUOTE]

Well, you’re not going to make any friends with that attitude :stuck_out_tongue: I’m slightly concerned that I have to share the same planet with you, and worse, the other million or so people like you.

Obviously they are targeting the HONEST hackers & enthusiasts, and not the hackers, like CPUslayer, that would sell their grandmothers to the Soylent Abattoir for a few pennies the day before their mother hands them their weekly pocket money …

It’s a great idea, it promotes awareness of flaws, and people casually finding flaws have an incentive to submit bug reports (asap) rather than just dismissing them as a minor flaw and assuming that google will find/fix it eventually anyway.