1080P toshiba a30 hd dvd player for 233.12 w10 free

Yup, the price on the A30 1080P HD-DVD Player has now dropped to $233.13 with free shipping and 10 free movies. 2 movies right out of the box (Bourne Identity and 300), 3 to choose from on the amazon.com website and then 5 free via mail. Be sure to verify the price in the checkout and have amazon.com credit back any excess charges if there are any.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6037812_1?tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&docId=1000172611&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1S490P0TDSHPKPTJZ9C3&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=338989001&pf_rd_i=B000U6AHYS

nice find…the value of the movies is worth more than what you pay for the hddvd player :slight_smile:

Any feedback on the video quality of the A30? Really have been looking more towards a Blue Ray unit, but the low price for the A30 is tempting!

Did find in the “Bourne Ultimatum” DVD I bought there was a USD $100 instant rebate for certain Toshiba HD DVD players plus seven movies “at participating retailers” between December 16 and January 5. A few dollars less with the instant rebate but only 7 movies.

Gary

If the A3 or A30 were listed among them then it would definitely be worth looking into. The A30 is a pretty decent player, especially at that price. I guess it’s just me but I prefer HD-DVD to blu-ray. There are just more titles from Universal, Paramount/Dreamworks and their affiliates that appeal to me than the Blu-Ray exclusive companies.

I would prefer the HD-DVD as well. I like the Blu-Ray too just that it is under Sony Brand, the king of Propietary. And the number of stand-alone HD players, for HD-DVD outsold the Blu-Ray Camp Big time. Blu-Ray is leading because they are counting PS3 as Blu-Ray player. For all blu-ray players, every 3 PS3 sold, 1 stand alone player sold

Well I have been waiting for a deal like this to come along.

Got mine ordered, just to good of a price to pass up and I don’t see them getting cheaper than that for a while.

I have to tell you, I know I also posted this is another thread but I just bought the Toshiba HD-D03 at Costco, for 199.00 with 7 free movies, 2 in the box and 5 you have to send for. Yes its only 1080i, but I have seen it in action right next to a 1080p model on the same HDTV with the same signal, and maybe its my eyes but I can hardly tell a difference. Even my regular DVDs look better on this HDDVD Player, like I said maybe its all in my head but its what I see.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1954572]I have to tell you, I know I also posted this is another thread but I just bought the Toshiba HD-D03 at Costco, for 199.00 with 7 free movies, 2 in the box and 5 you have to send for. Yes its only 1080i, but I have seen it in action right next to a 1080p model on the same HDTV with the same signal, and maybe its my eyes but I can hardly tell a difference. Even my regular DVDs look better on this HDDVD Player, like I said maybe its all in my head but its what I see.[/QUOTE]

@Alan
Why don’t you get the A30 from Amazon for almost nothing more and in addition 2 extra movies
You could always return the Costco item, when it is convenient

[QUOTE=alan1476;1954572]I have to tell you, I know I also posted this is another thread but I just bought the Toshiba HD-D03 at Costco, for 199.00 with 7 free movies, 2 in the box and 5 you have to send for. Yes its only 1080i, but I have seen it in action right next to a 1080p model on the same HDTV with the same signal, and maybe its my eyes but I can hardly tell a difference. Even my regular DVDs look better on this HDDVD Player, like I said maybe its all in my head but its what I see.[/QUOTE]

Nobody can tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p in blind A-B comparisons, you’re not alone. GIGO. A great image will look great on either one.
The primary difference is in whether a 1080p monitor has decent scaling to de-interlace 1080i, and many it seems do not. But unless your monitor is >60", you’re not going to see any difference unless you get REALLY close and squint. .

[quote=CDan;1954576]Nobody can tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p in blind A-B comparisons, you’re not alone. GIGO. A great image will look great on either one.
The primary difference is in whether a 1080p monitor has decent scaling to de-interlace 1080i, and many it seems do not. But unless your monitor is >60", you’re not going to see any difference unless you get REALLY close and squint. .[/quote]
I am very glad you responded CDan, I thought maybe it was my age and eyesight. So for me I will stick with my 1080i and enjoy it. I can live with 199.99 and 7 free movies, and by the way from titles they offer it was hard to pick 5 that I would ever watch again much less 7.:bigsmile:

i purchased the A3 model. should be coming in the mail this week. gonna test it on the 32inch LCD TV i have in the bedroom. no big screen in the livingroom yet. 32inch is just 1080i. should play well i suppose. hope so anyways.

[quote=zaq;1954575]@Alan
Why don’t you get the A30 from Amazon for almost nothing more and in addition 2 extra movies
You could always return the Costco item, when it is convenient[/quote]
I know I have months the return it to Costco, but it came with a good HDMI cable and the movies they let you choose from are not very good. I had a hard time picking 5 much less 7. For the 33plus dollars and I have no idea if free shipping is on Amazon, I will keep this one. Also Costco is right around the corner from me, if something should go wrong, I just unplug it and bring it back for a no questions asked refund. I am happy with my purchase, maybe other need the 1080p for their entertainment systems, my large screen hdTV in my Den is 50" Sony and the TV that I have the Toshiba hooked up to is in my study where all my computer stuff is, and it is only a 32 " Sony LCDHD-TV. To be honest is looks great to me.

Fry’s Electronics has today on sale LG Combo HD & BR player for $399.99 which may be not bad at least you have both format in case one loses ground you have the other format ready.

Which Model? I have heard the LG’s first combo model had some quirks.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1954609]I know I have months the return it to Costco, but it came with a good HDMI cable and the movies they let you choose from are not very good. I had a hard time picking 5 much less 7. For the 33plus dollars and I have no idea if free shipping is on Amazon, I will keep this one. Also Costco is right around the corner from me, if something should go wrong, I just unplug it and bring it back for a no questions asked refund. I am happy with my purchase, maybe other need the 1080p for their entertainment systems, my large screen hdTV in my Den is 50" Sony and the TV that I have the Toshiba hooked up to is in my study where all my computer stuff is, and it is only a 32 " Sony LCDHD-TV. To be honest is looks great to me.[/QUOTE]
no doubt
the costco warranty and service are hard to beat
btw I just purchased the Sammy 1400 fromm BB and 2 days later the door won’t open
so back it goes

Does say the model #

Hey TCAS, got my monoprice HDMI cables and they are as advertised.

My mistake. Disregard, I thought you were talking about a stand alone player.:wink:

Me too.

[QUOTE=etp;1954671]Hey TCAS, got my monoprice HDMI cables and they are as advertised.[/QUOTE]

But this one does not say is PC type may be is stand alone one. I don’t think any one is willing to pay $400 for PC use player.