100th window

vbimport

I recently bought last massive attack’s 100th window, and I read the small letters ‘copy control; technology etc…’ I was afraid (I own an archos), but when I tried to rip the CD using CDex 1.5, I didn’t have any problem, CDex encoded the whole CD in mp3 without complaining, and I listened carefully to every mp3 using a headphone, they’re just perfect, no clicks, no noises, no nothing, whole songs are present. What kind of protection is that ?

Not a good one!/gs.

Yeah, but I can see lots of people are having problem with that CD. I could read on this board that hardware would be very important. I tried and succesfully ripped this CD with 5 different readers :
the new combo Samsung SM-352B
a Plextor PX-W4220
a Lite-on LTR 40125S
a LG DVD-ROM DRD-8160B
and a DVD-ROM I don’t remember what it is, windows reports it as MT1316 BDV208B
Those 5 were able to rip the CD without problem using CDex 1.50, so people trying to copy it should really give a try to this method, just rip it with CDex and burn the mp3s.

Originally posted by Chrishks
a Plextor PX-W4220

If you´ve got a Plextor, give PlexTools a shot that would also end up with a very good ripped corrupted disc./gs.

Hey,chris ,maybe you should call yourself ‘SuperRipper’…:bigsmile:

Don’t wanna call myself anything, I just wanna share my experience with this CD. First, I thought the CD was not protected, but I found the famous version.txt, saying CDS200.0.4 3.0 build 12b
However, some things don’t match with description of CDS 200 in Upp3rdOG’s post, there’s no reference to midbar, tel-aviv or anything else, the player is not cactusplayer, it’s called WMMP, and the version file is “version.txt” not “versionS.txt”. The data session contains a file named “YUCCA.CDS” and it’s 800 Mb !! This is probably a protection against cd-to-cd copy, but there’s no problem to rip the audio tracks of this CD

Originally posted by Chrishks
Don’t wanna call myself anything, I just wanna share my experience with this CD. First, I thought the CD was not protected, but I found the famous version.txt, saying CDS200.0.4 3.0 build 12b
However, some things don’t match with description of CDS 200 in Upp3rdOG’s post, there’s no reference to midbar, tel-aviv or anything else, the player is not cactusplayer, it’s called WMMP, and the version file is “version.txt” not “versionS.txt”. The data session contains a file named “YUCCA.CDS” and it’s 800 Mb !! This is probably a protection against cd-to-cd copy, but there’s no problem to rip the audio tracks of this CD

This is probably why! Midbar´s bought by Microbrain…oh sorry Macrovision./gs.

Greetings,

I tried to concert the latest Kaziah Jones album named Black Orpheus. The Yucca.CDS had version CDS200.0.4
4.0 build 10b. I used Lite-On 48246S.

On CDex 1.51. I had a hard time converting directly into OGG Vorbis, but I had no problem converting into WAV files and then into OGG.

Just wanted to share my experience. And thank you Chris writing your experience down - it was good info! :slight_smile:

Yush!

I also have encountered this protection method on the music CD of Within Temptation: the Mother Earth rerelease. the wmmp player plays the songs at 48 kbps which is not very good listening quality for the price I payed for the cd that is for sure. CDex 1.51 had no difficulty acquiring/ripping the tracks on the disc. I have the LG burner model GCC-4520B. BMG was advising me this should work on stereo systems and non-burning cd players and car stereos. Which does me a whole shwack of good as I don’t have any of those. up yours BMG.