1008IM slow ripping w/ every firmware

Why is it ripping really slow? I used almost every firmware.
I looked everywhere to turn DMA on and it’s not there. I checked Hardware\Device Manager

Did you try RPC1 firmwares? They should unlock ripping speed. You can find them here :slight_smile:

I’m ripping even slow now! Reading DVD sometimes hangs too.
Now what? Ripping a movie now takes 1hr 20mins.

Im screwed.

Thanks.

Where exactly have you searched in the Device Manager? What OS are you using?

Windows XP…properties of the drive itself in Hardware Manager.

It’s not that hard to find it man.

Thanks.

To activate DMA in Windows XP/2000 you actually have to go to the properties of the IDE Channel under Hardware Manager. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

It takes 1hr 45mins to 2hrs + to rip a movie!

What the heck is wrong with this P.O.S drive??

Anything else I can use?

What speed in megabytes do you guys rip at with the Dangerous Brothers’ 257 firmware?

What speed in megabytes do you guys rip at with the original firmwares(BTC or DriveUpdate) and what speed with original v256 and v257 firmwares?

I use DVDShrink 3.1 and just remove any non english language tracks. I know this causes the rip to be slower but at one point I was doing over 4mbps and the whole movie usually took 28mins
I was using the original v257 from drvupdate and now when I go back to that firmware it is still slow. WTF!?

Using DVD Decrypter I rip at 4MB/sec min 10MB/sec max (it depends on which area of the disc I read) with original firmwares (I’m using 0157 on my 1004@1008 right now).

Is your drive sticking to DMA mode, or does it just stay PIO? If the latter, you might want to read this: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90055

Have you created your own .reg file for this. I’m not good with registry stuff. If so, email it if possible.

bonez7_2000@yahoo.com

Thanks alot.

Nope, I haven’t. Never had this particular problem in my system.

RPC9,

To confirm what “Mode” your 1008IM is in for WinXP, go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>System> Hardware Tab>Device Manager Button>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Depending on which one your 1008IM is on, right-click on either “Primary IDE Channel” or “Secondary IDE Channel” and select “Properties”. Under the “Advanced Settings” tab, it will show the current settings for “Device 0” and “Device 1”. Look at what the “Current Transfer Mode” for “Device X” is (the one your 1008IM is on). “Transfer Mode” should say “DMA If Available” (if it says “PIO Mode” change it. If you had to change “Transfer Mode” to “DMA If Available”, click “OK” and reboot.

After rebooting, check it again to verify that it now says “DMA If Available”. If it again says “PIO Mode”, hit “Cancel” and right-click on that “X IDE Channel” and select “Uninstall” then “OK”. Reboot and after devices are finished re-installing check the settings again. They should now be OK. I recently had to do the same procedure and I don’t know why mine got stuck in PIO Mode. I think it happened after I upgraded from v0257 to v0257 from Dangerous Brothers. I’ve now upgraded from v0357 to v0357 from Dangerous Brothers with no problem.