1008 Users.. what is the best firmware so far?

vbimport

im still on 0054 firmware that came wit the drive… so far ive had no problems so updating doesnt really seem necessary for me…

however… if anyone notice writing improvements… or added features… i might be pursaded to upgrade… so thus the reason for this thread…

I´m using the newest firmware! 0657? I believe :wink:
All is working well!

A new firmware is able to improve the write quality of all your DVD media, at least you could test it!

CYA V_Banshee
v-banshee@gmx.de

Hi
I use 0657 and it is the best because from FW 054 up to the latest there are some Media´s added . So the latest is the best

cu

ratz

We constantly update the firmware to support new media, so in theory the latest firmware should always be the best, since it includes all previous updated information.

If this is not the case, then you can of course always fall back on earlier versions, but we don’t recommend it, because that also means that future updates are not going to solve any issues.

So we recommend to always use the latest one and let us know if there are any problems with the latest one, so we can solve the issue in a subsequent update.

Marco
BTC Europe

Originally posted by Marco BTC
[B]We constantly update the firmware to support new media, so in theory the latest firmware should always be the best, since it includes all previous updated information.

If this is not the case, then you can of course always fall back on earlier versions, but we don’t recommend it, because that also means that future updates are not going to solve any issues.

So we recommend to always use the latest one and let us know if there are any problems with the latest one, so we can solve the issue in a subsequent update.

Marco
BTC Europe [/B]

Will 0657 write Ritek R03’s at 8X again? I had to roll back firmware to 0157 to get it to work at 8X.

I have almost the same problem.

Firmware 043 for btc 1004 can write dvd-rw from BOS(optodisk001) without a problem.

But all firmwares after 043 (even 050) can’t write these anymore.

Edit:

maybe not the right topic :o

Hi chaps

New here so forgive me if Ive not followed the correct protocols :o

I have the 8x dvd writer and was working happily with 0657

I upgraeded the other night BUT things arent as good 0358.

Just wondered if anyone knows where I can get 0657 from?

Hope you can help

Steev

Hi, What problems are u finding with 0358? I am using 0258 - no probs yet.

You should be able to get from www.drvupdate.com

WDA