[1008] Live update does not work :(

vbimport

I’m trying to upgrade my 1008 and live update always give me the same error message:
“Occurred system error! The error code is 0x%.8X”. I need to ack for many times this message, then I can see my 1008 in the list of available hardware.
If I check it and click on “update selected device”, the dl begins from server, then I go back to the IDE flash interface with an empty drop down list… no drive to select …
What should I do ?

Config: Windows XP SP1
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X
Device as Secondary master

??:bow:

Firstly, I think you should check your device manager and see if the drive is found in there. If the drive has a red cross through it, try to uninstall the device and reboot your system. If the drive is not found when you reboot it looks like you’ve had a flash failure and so you will need to recover it using the tools provided by BTC.

Go to:

http://www.drvupdate.com/htm/User_Guide.htm#Flash%20Failure%20Recovery

and download the flash recovery tools. Also read throug the user guide to help you get the drive back. It could also be an idea for you to download the latest version of MTKFLASH 1.80.1 from the web to help you flash your drive in dos rather than in windows.

What you’ll have to do first of all is to make a bootable floppy, and then using the guide and the tools, flash your the firmware of the drive through DOS. This should (upon restarting) automatically reinstall your device and sort you out.

From my own experience with problems with the windows-based flash, I would personally look for the .bin firmware upgrades for the device - such as those made by the dangerous bros. By using the same procedure you can update the firmware of your drive regularly- hopefully with less problems by using DOS. For myself (who owns the same drive) I intend to merely use the liveupdate as a source of new firmware available, and find the .bin file to flash it in dos.

Hope this helps.

Bay

have you tired to download the firmware without liveupdate and install it on the normal way?

cya

Yes, I’ve also tried in this way and does not work :frowning:

Originally posted by bay
[B]Firstly, I think you should check your device manager and see if the drive is found in there. If the drive has a red cross through it, try to uninstall the device and reboot your system. If the drive is not found when you reboot it looks like you’ve had a flash failure and so you will need to recover it using the tools provided by BTC.

Go to:

http://www.drvupdate.com/htm/User_Guide.htm#Flash%20Failure%20Recovery

and download the flash recovery tools. Also read throug the user guide to help you get the drive back. It could also be an idea for you to download the latest version of MTKFLASH 1.80.1 from the web to help you flash your drive in dos rather than in windows.

What you’ll have to do first of all is to make a bootable floppy, and then using the guide and the tools, flash your the firmware of the drive through DOS. This should (upon restarting) automatically reinstall your device and sort you out.

From my own experience with problems with the windows-based flash, I would personally look for the .bin firmware upgrades for the device - such as those made by the dangerous bros. By using the same procedure you can update the firmware of your drive regularly- hopefully with less problems by using DOS. For myself (who owns the same drive) I intend to merely use the liveupdate as a source of new firmware available, and find the .bin file to flash it in dos.

Hope this helps.

Bay [/B]

My DVD works fine and is visible in the device manager. he only problem is I can’t flash the firmware using live update sw. Even if I try with mktflash, I get an error (impossible to init IDE port of something like that…)

Any others ideas ?

Originally posted by Rudy 34
Even if I try with mktflash, I get an error (impossible to init IDE port of something like that…)

MTKFLASH, DOS or Windows version?

And, if DOS, did you use a clean boot disk?

Regards, Martin A

Windows version did not detect my drive…
So i’ve tried with DOS version and I’ve got this error. I will try to do another boot disk with another PC.

Uninstal the Nforce IDE drivers and use only the M$ IDE drivers included with the operating system. Then try again with the windows version. :wink:

I’ve already unsintalled the NVidia IDE drivers but it does not work …:confused:

I’ve got it. I have used the Millenium boot disk and I was then able to flash in DOS mode using mktflash.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Rudy 34
I’ve got it. I have used the Millenium boot disk and I was then able to flash in DOS mode using mktflash.

Oh, well. Pilot’s error. <sigh>