1004 DVD rips very quiet I like it

I have two lite-on DVD-ROM they always give me a headache when I stick something into it, not to mention during prolonged ripping sessions, sounds like it’s telling you it’s in great pain, not so with this 1004 which is very quiet, I think I am getting to take a liking to this baby, I can live with the whatever firmare problems it has which they can always make better, I only hope its hardware integrity is sound and won’t break easily

I strongly recommend V0043 firmware or higher to avoid drive breakdown !

Originally posted by Marco BTC
I strongly recommend V0043 firmware or higher to avoid drive breakdown !

hi Marcos, I am using 043, but I was on 038 for a little while, I read pdu said that 038 may feed too much power to the laser and slowly ruining it, is it true?

We suspect it could happen under particular circumstances, yes.
Anyway, V0043 and later firmware have protection for this.

“We suspect it could happen under particular circumstances, yes”

so do you mind disclosing what are these particular circumstances, is it formatting the disc? I toyed with 038 for a while so I want to know if I ever run into those special occasions

We’re not sure, but it has happened with some endusers after they’d burnt a couple of DVD(+/-R)s and subsequently a DVD+RW and then erased the DVD+RW.

So I’m happy because the first thing I did after installing my 1004 was to update the firmware to 0043 :rolleyes:

After that I’ve “toasted” my first DVD’s …

h.a.n.d. bitboy0