1004 destroys DVD-Rw media

vbimport

hi
i bought 2 or 3 months ago 5 dvd-rw (1X) (i don’t have any other infos cause i sold them). There was no way to burn them! Every time the burning failed and when i tried to erase and try again, it failed during erase process. So i decided that my drive did not like that kind of supports and sold them to a friend. Turns out that the 3 disc i tried to burn are completly useless and no more recognized as a dvd-rw from any machine with any dvd reader/burner. the BTC destroyed them! Same friend told me he discovered that this burner has problems and can’t write DVD-rw. The penalty is the destruction of the supports and on the long run even the destruction of my burner. Someone has an explanation for all this?

Hy,

it´s difficult to say somthing without any background (name, mid) of the medias, what fw have you used.

maybe the media was/is not compatible with the 1004.

Same friend told me he discovered that this burner has problems and can’t write DVD-rw. The penalty is the destruction of the supports and on the long run even the destruction of my burner. Someone has an explanation for all this?

this is not right, when you use medias which are in the support list they work correctly. i´m working with 4 different types of dvd-rw medias and all are working great.

cu

herbei

I’ve also burned a DVD-RW media with this burner a few months ago. It was a PrimeOn disc with MID ricohjpnw11 if I remember correctly. After trying to burn, neither the 1004 nor a Pioneer 106 that I tried later recognized the disc as DVD-RW. But my NEC 2500 has no problems accessing the disc now. Maybe you are able to get the discs back to life with this drive.

thanks guys
i knew that the question was a little too general, but my goal was to know if there is a major general issue for this driver burning DVD-RW. I see that there is not and that can only make me happy! :wink:
bye

I had this problem before with the 2x Ritek DVD-RW. Before firwamre 0050 came out, I was “kind of” able to burn on it and erase it but then one time when I tried to erase the disc, it failed half way and next thing I noticed was the disc was complete dead (could not read it anymore). But when firmware 0050 came out, which fully supported the media, I was able to read, write, and erase from the so called “dead” disc again. :iagree: