100-Pack of Sony 16x DVD Media - Buy One, Get One Free - Costco - August 4-10, 2008

vbimport

Taken from the Costco “Summer of Savings” listings:

Week of 8-4-2008 to 8-10-2008
BOGO FREE Sony DVD+R/DVD-R Item #277669,277653

277669 should be the -Rs and 277653 should be the +Rs.

I’m not sure if these will be regular DVDs or printables.

It seems that Costco is now going with Sony, and will no longer carry TDK. To me, that’s a definite improvement.

And on a related note, Costco currently has an unadvertised price of $15 for their remaining 100-pack TDK media.

Thanks!

August? make sure you bump this up, I will never remember :slight_smile:

So they have printable Sony? Never seen those before.

Either way i use Sony 16x -R all the time but I don’t have a Costco anywhere near me :frowning:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2068048]August? make sure you bump this up, I will never remember :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was just an early FYI, for those who like Sony media. It will get bumped in July, and then the beginning of August. :bigsmile:

What is the Mid? Do you know

Yeah, we’ll definately need a reminder…thanks for the early warning though :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=fairplay;2068194]What is the Mid? Do you know[/QUOTE]

SONY16D1 (-R) and SONYD21 (+R).

Media can be made in Taiwan, Malaysia, or India, but the MID is always the same.

YYI. The Costco near me, Foster City, CA, has had the Sony for a while. They are printable ones and MIT.

LOL!!! I seen that date and said to myself August 2008 man that must be a typo
or something because this is just May. :bigsmile: Thanks a bunch for the heads up on it
negritude I will probably be going for the SONYD21’s when the sale gets here they
always burn good in my Sammys. :iagree: Now I’ll have plenty of time to find the nearest
Costco that is close to me. :wink:

I have a Costco right near my house, they have loads of Sony media, if its a Buy One get One Free, you will pay 29.99 for 200. Not bad, but I will pass on them as I have plenty of media left.

[QUOTE=negritude;2068462]SONY16D1 (-R) and SONYD21 (+R).

Media can be made in Taiwan, Malaysia, or India, but the MID is always the same.[/QUOTE]

i aint looked much at Sony media… but i assume the MIT is the best? … cause of that media is pretty reliable i would easily by some at that price cause for 29.99 for 200 discs you cant really complain especially if it’s considered pretty good media.

In my local costco, the printable sony16d1 is mit.

Printable? Man I need to find a Costco near me!

btw, how much do the printables go for?

[QUOTE=geekrule;2068760]In my local costco, the printable sony16d1 is mit.[/QUOTE]

It is $29.49 + tax hub printable.

Bump.

Hi

Any chance of MIJ Sony?

TIA

NBK

[quote=NBK;2084612]Hi

Any chance of MIJ Sony?

TIA

NBK[/quote]
Slim to None. And this is not for another month yet, plus a few days.:doh:

[QUOTE=NBK;2084612]Any chance of MIJ Sony?[/QUOTE]

None whatsoever.

Actually this is a nice post and thanks I have a Costco and they rock but like others said here look at the labeling and see where it was made. MIT or MIJ I believe are decent.

You wont find any MIJ at Costco, thats a fact. LOL. :bigsmile::bigsmile: