100-pack Memorex DVD+/-R $9.99 at Staples 10/23 only

vbimport

Just got an e-mail that Staples will be doing 100-packs of DVDs for under $10, which is a price I’ve never seen before. Sure, it’s not the greatest quality, but less than 10 cents per disc makes it good for one-off burns. The one-day sale will be good online and in stores.

Of course, I just jumped on the $15.99 deal at NewEgg, so I don’t really NEED any more, especially since I’m making the Blu-Ray jump for data storage during the holidays …

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Not a huge fan of Memorex stuff, but I’ll have to grab a spindle of these in a couple days. :slight_smile: I think the 16x -Rs are normally CMC MAG AM3 (someone correct me if I’m wrong here), so the quality could be worse…

Memorex bad bad bad

The primary reason I picked up a couple of spindles was because the two young boys in the house have no concept of “don’t scratch the DVD” – thus, backups of any movie and TV series we get are an absolute necessity.

Apparently, this deal was a printable coupon, which I neglected to mention only by virtue of not knowing. I went to my local store, grabbed three spindles and was told at checkout that I had to go home and print out the coupon linked to in my e-mail. This was a bit galling, but half off is half off, so I jumped through the hoops. I grabbed two the second time around, and wouldn’t you know, there was now a scannable coupon at the very same register. Different person working it, though. I paid and asked to talk to the manager, explained that I just did an unnecessary round trip, given the now-present coupon. He said I wasn’t the only one that had happened to and the first printed one they got (apparently just after I left the first time) they made copies of so no one else would be turned away. He gave me his business card and wrote on it that I could use it for $10 off any purchase for my trouble. So I grabbed a third spindle. 300 blanks for $19.98! What’s funny to me is that I walked in prepared to spend $30 the first time for the same results.

[QUOTE=Powderhorn;2552227]The primary reason I picked up a couple of spindles was because the two young boys in the house have no concept of “don’t scratch the DVD” – thus, backups of any movie and TV series we get are an absolute necessity.

Apparently, this deal was a printable coupon, which I neglected to mention only by virtue of not knowing. I went to my local store, grabbed three spindles and was told at checkout that I had to go home and print out the coupon linked to in my e-mail. This was a bit galling, but half off is half off, so I jumped through the hoops. I grabbed two the second time around, and wouldn’t you know, there was now a scannable coupon at the very same register. Different person working it, though. I paid and asked to talk to the manager, explained that I just did an unnecessary round trip, given the now-present coupon. He said I wasn’t the only one that had happened to and the first printed one they got (apparently just after I left the first time) they made copies of so no one else would be turned away. He gave me his business card and wrote on it that I could use it for $10 off any purchase for my trouble. So I grabbed a third spindle. 300 blanks for $19.98! What’s funny to me is that I walked in prepared to spend $30 the first time for the same results.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say this about staples, but their policies are fairly inconsisent and it gets worse towards the holiday season when consumers are more apt to stock up on good deals. At least we have an idea of potential BF specials coming down. at the end of November. If they can do a 100 pack dvd spindle for $10 in October, they can do something similar in November-- perhaps even spcecial ordering some non value series Verbatim Azos for $10 no coupon or rebate (ok, that’s pushing it, but you get the idea).