100 Maxell cd'rs 5.00 + tax at Staples

vbimport

Went to Staples today, the manager said the they were having some problems with the rebates for these things. so they are offering them for $5.00 w/o rebate

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=489759&bcFlag=True&bcSCatId=3&bcSCatName=Technology&bcCatId=42&bcCatName=Computer+Media&bcDeptId=1881&bcDeptName=CD-R%2FRW+and+DVD&bcClassId=60202&bcClassName=CD-R+Media

you can get them at the store like I did by printing the page the link goes to OR order online and kill the shipping cost by adding some 10.00 item to reach the 50.00 free shipping level. Not bad even with the shipping too but without at the B&M I got em for 5.34 inc tax

<< CD-R Identifier Indicates that they are:
Ritek CO.
ATIP 97m 31s 07f

Originally posted by lagger
so they are offering them for $5.00 w/o rebate

Damn, this (good) buy looks just fabulous to me. Lucky you ! :wink:

I will be at Staples in 30 minutes. I printed off the page and copied the link into notepad and printed it also. The girls at Staples know me well and hope that I will be able to purchace. I will update you guys a bit later.

I just got back from Staples with my 100 pack of cd-r’s.
I will go in the morning to pick-up another 100 pack. (Then after work for even another!!) The check-out gal asked for the print-out that I came in with but I said I needed it for my records she didn’t argue.:slight_smile:

What is Kprobe BoSkin??

If it weren’t for the inadequate 650MB capacity, I’d have stock up on some Maxells too. But then again, I just stocked up on 700MB Fuji/TYs.

What is Kprobe BoSkin??

KProbe Thread

Most of my back-ups are under the 650 mark anyway. If I can get 650mb discs for a nickel, and 700’s for a dime a piece, I would rather get a bunch of 650’s.

Originally posted by Stoner
If it weren’t for the inadequate 650MB capacity, I’d have stock up on some Maxells too.
But then again, I just stocked up on 700MB Fuji/TYs.

With a lil’ help of PlexWriter Premium those will easily be turned to 900MBs. Think of it now ! :wink:

But there’s a good chance of lowered compatability.

Originally posted by Chriso
But there’s a good chance of lowered compatability.
Well, I don’t believe the folks @Plextor haven’t gotten to the heart of the matter.

fwiw I just burned 2, 700 mb audio disks with them for my wife ( I save my TY’s for "valuable " stuff like games and apps )

lol Taiyo Yuden are very good for music though.

With a lil’ help of PlexWriter Premium those will easily be turned to 900MBs. Think of it now !

Are you sure bout that BoSkin? 900MB? Maybe 700?

I have the USB 2.0 48x24x48 Plextor. Think I could overburn the 650’s to 700mb?

He means when using the gigarec feature of the new drive.

Originally posted by Astronutty

Are you sure bout that BoSkin? 900MB? Maybe 700?

LOL ! I’m 100% positive .

Yes, as you might notice there was PlexWriter PREMIUM mentioned here,
which new feature called [COLOR=indigo]*GigaRecâ„¢ allows high capacity storage up to 1 GB on a 700 MB disc
[/COLOR]

Originally posted by Chriso
lol Taiyo Yuden are very good for music though.

too good imo (even though I have several hundred from previous rebate deals lol)

I went to all of the STAPLES stores in my area and snagged 14 spindles today alone. I plan on going back and getting as many more as I can tomorrow as well.

thanks for the heads up folks!

garth

Originally posted by hoargard
I went to all of the STAPLES stores in my area and snagged 14 spindles today alone.
I plan on going back and getting as many more as I can tomorrow as well.

Don’t really get it . We were told by Stoner [COLOR=purple]here about the Maxells being outta stock .
The same kind of confirmation I got from a friend of mine in NYC: “They show sold out”,
yet you still were able to collect some of those .
How come this could happen ? Or it’s like their left hand doesn’t know what the right one does ?[/COLOR]

Just went to Staples this morning and got another…
The online “store” works out of a warehouse that I am sure are out of stock.

The Staples web site does not have the coupon code posted anymore. I printed off a few copies so I am ok to get a few more.

Originally posted by Astronutty

Just went to Staples this morning and got another…
The online “store” works out of a warehouse that I am sure are out of stock.

‘Drooling’ > so sad that I cannot go there and buy like 20 spindles @once (((

Originally posted by BoSkin
Don’t really get it . We were told by Stoner [COLOR=purple]here about the Maxells being outta stock .
The same kind of confirmation I got from a friend of mine in NYC: “They show sold out”,
yet you still were able to collect some of those .
How come this could happen ? Or it’s like their left hand doesn’t know what the right one does ?[/COLOR]

This is EXACTLY the case. What really happened was:

I went to STAPLES STORE #1 (just making up a number here) and got 1 spindle after I asked how many they would let me buy–of course they said “One per customer…”, and planned to have my wife come back later and pick up one as well.

Then, I went to STAPLES STORE #2 where they had an open display on top of one of their counters offering about 8 or so spindles with a sign saying “$4.94” At first I asked if I could purchase them all; at first they said no, but when one of the employees got angry about me not being able to buy them all ("We’re supposed to get rid of these things, aren’t we…???), he spoke directly to the head manager, who immediately acquiesced to me purchasing them separately. In other words, they had to ring up each spindle separately, but I was permitted to buy them all.

Figuring I could just go back to STAPLES STORE #1 and show them the receipts from a neighboring chain store, I then proceeded to STAPLES STORE #3 who were OUT OF STOCK and who had a turd of a manager with a stinker of an attitude. Anyway, when I got back to STAPLES STORE #1, they still refused to allow me (you’ll see why I asterisked this soon) to buy more than 1 spindle–even WITH me showing him all of the aforementioned receipts!–but they let me buy it and I was on my merry way.

When my wife got home from work we trekked up there and asked if she’d go in alone to try to buy as many as she could. Well, wouldn’t you know, she comes out in few minutes with no less than 4 spindles (those were all the coupons I’d printed out) under her arms–ahh, the wiles of a woman!!

So basically, the joke is on them; I’m going up later by myself once more to get a spindle and then it’ll be the same plan for tonight and hopefully by tonight I’ll have a nice little take on my hands. And for those of you who think me greedy, I have only one thing to say: Maxells/100pk./no waiting for rebates/$5.00.

I know I’ll kick myself down the road if I don’t soak this for all it’s worth now. Besides, prices on spindles have been slowly rising ever since about 6-9 months ago. I remember not too long ago getting 50pk spindles for free or only $1 (after rebates, of course) at BEST BUY–now they’re between $5 and $10! This adds up over the course of a year, as I just saw from my recent tax returns!

In any event, go get yourselves a beautiful wife, and swing it to the tune of $5 a’ spindle, baby!!