100% duplication of dvd9

vbimport

my question is there a way to make a 100% duplicate in sound and quality as a commercial dvd? I know that we have a lot of tools to use (dvd2one, dvd95coy) but was this hole dvd9 thing just another tacktic to stop illegal copying of the disks?

Original quality can only be guaranteed by splitting the DVD across two DVD5s.**

DVD9s (dual layer) discs are not so much a tactic to prevent copying as a means of loading more junk onto the delivery as a sop to the outrageous prices charged.

-Pete

** Splitting the disc can in some cases introduce more problems than it solves, especially when other, non-splitting methods are usually more than adequate.

thanks peter… I wouldnt try to slpit a movie into 2 disks i just dont think its worth all the trouble. When i got into this i must say i thought it was going to be like when the cd-r came out. slap in, copy, burn away. Boom a original copy.

I see its a little different in the dvd world. THanks for the input. do u beleive there will release bigger dvd-+r/rw in the future say like 7-9 gb?

peace

Rob

As I wrote as an answer to another post,
wouldn’t combining the vobs, re-numbering them ,and compressing them do the trick. I know this sounds too easy,but it sounds logical in theory…:cool: I believe splitting to two
discs takes away from the ‘all in one’ movie experience that is so much what DVD is all about…:smiley:

Compressing certainly does the trick, Ruffrob. What you’ve just advocated is in a nutshell what DVD2One and its kind actually do.
However, the question [from Robbyrob] was ‘100% duplicate in sound and quality’, and I was remarking somewhat pedantically that splitting was the only way to retain the original quality. Programs such as DVDXCopy don’t do any compressing; the two discs you finish up with contain identical - bit for bit - copies of the original.
I believe that this rigmarole is unnecessary for the majority of people and movies and that there are sufficient reserves of quality in the originals to stand a certain degree of compression without perceptible loss. Other people would doubtless disagree.

The unfortunate fact, as Robbyrob has now discovered, is that unlike CDs, commercial DVDs and writeable blanks are not the same size. And size matters - as the actress told the bishop!:wink:

-Pete

Yeah,Pete,i guess i missed the point on that one… :rolleyes: 9.4 discs, where are you…:eek:

can try 2 dvd r’s and a prit stick :bigsmile:

please let us all know how you get on

and a copy of the goly grail ark etc.

or put another way i think we all want that one day it will happen i hope

opps it was silly hour

I dont know how to do it but I know it can be done. i’m talking about all on one disc everything 100% identical

Not a DVD9 -> DVD5, you don’t. Law of physics…

You either make a straight copy of an original that was itself a DVD5 as, of course, some are.
Or you compress.
Or you leave out.

Ain’t no other way this side of Altair 4 :smiley:

-Pete

Originally posted by Peter McCall
[B]Not a DVD9 -> DVD5, you don’t. Law of physics…

You either make a straight copy of an original that was itself a DVD5 as, of course, some are.
Or you compress.
Or you leave out.

Ain’t no other way this side of Altair 4 :smiley:

-Pete [/B]

do you know what bus go’s to altair 4 as my mate fixed my car and it went up in flames

No buses run to Altair 4. Can’t get up to warp speed, see?

So, as an alternative and provided the car’s not too incinerated, you might try the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!:wink:

-P