10 Best Value Blu-ray players

I just posted the article 10 Best Value Blu-ray players.

At Electronic House they’ve made a slideshow with ten Blu-ray players you should or could buy. As many know we can expect some price drops during the upcoming holiday season, so this might be the…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15091-10-Best-Value-Blu-ray-players.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15091-10-Best-Value-Blu-ray-players.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

"Which of the following is on your wish list?"
Well, it can’t say Sony on the front… or Blu-ray. Hmmm… I guess that doesn’t leave me with a lot of options. I’d like to buy a vowel, Pat.

Come on Duke, it’s time to get over your bias and move on. Don’t you like high-definition video?

Your comments may have been amusing a year or two ago, but now you just sound bitter (and, dare I say, old like the old guy who refuses to use “them new-fangled ATM machines.”) I love high-def video and I don’t care how it’s branded, I’m just glad it’s still on a 120cm optical disc.

@ discman009

Yes, you’re right. I am bitter. And yes, I love HD video and can’t wait to start my new HD library. It just bugs me that every second story on this site is for Blu-ray, no matter how insignificant the news item. How can I get excited about old, slow, profile 1.1 players? The Blu-ray format isn’t even finalized yet. You people are sheep if you think this junk is a good deal.

Anyway, gotta run to the ATM to get some cash. Play nice with each other while I’m gone.

@DukeNukem

You’re still amusing, lol.
You’re one of the reasons why I come back to this site (entertainment).

@ SciFer

Thanks. I really appreciate that. I’m a shut-in, so entertaining people at Blu-rayFreaks.com is all I have. Well, that and keeping company with my cat, Wilbur. Wilbur doesn’t do or say much, on account I had him stuffed in the late 90s, but he’s still my friend. I hope to one day walk again and get back to what really means most to me… fighting crime and supporting the community. By fighting crime, I mean bad-mouthing Sony. And by supporting the community, I mean paying strippers for lap dances.

Bargain?
HD video is a bit better than SD video so one would think the price of a Blu-ray player would be a bit higher than that of a DVD player, not 5-10 times higher.
Sonyone’s having a laugh.
When a player that supports a horizontal resolution of 8000 pixels becomes available THEN I would consider 3 times the price of a DVD player a bargain.

@warped, HD video is a bit better? Whoa, your eyes can see bit better but the realilty is like 6x better.

DVD resolution is 720x480 = 345K. Blu-ray = 1920x1080=2.073K. So it’s about 6x higher. Thus price is 6x more lol. Ok seriously, I’d like to see player below $200 as well especially in this failing economy.

Not being one that needs the latest & greatest, I find waiting to see what the industry is going to settle on before doling out any hard earned cash.