10.8 gig movie and screenshot mysteries

Hi there,

I recently came across a DVD movie that’s 10.8Gb in size. Trying to reduce it to 8.5Gb so I can burn it failed, Clone DVD 2 only gave me a ‘read error’ :confused: Does any of you guys know which other programs does the trick or what else I need to do?

Also, can I take screenshots with Power DVD and Real Player 10? If yes, how? :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

John :slight_smile:

What is the audio component of the movie? If LPCM (uncompressed) then that could account for it. Otherwise you really need to ask where it came from.

IIRC screenshots in PowerDVD are on the right-click menu…

doing a screen capture with Power DVD

There are some titles that have bogus tables of content and or IFOs that make it appear that they are a lot bigger than they are. A good ripper [I]should[/I] be able to sort it out and allow you to copy the movie only.

That movie is under 8.5gb and fits nicely on a DVD9 aka DVD±R DL!

Rip with Ripit4me & DVDDecrypter.

[QUOTE=chef;1927220]That movie is under 8.5gb and fits nicely on a DVD9 aka DVD±R DL!

Rip with Ripit4me & DVDDecrypter.[/QUOTE]

i’m sure that guy was just showing him how to do a screenshot with PowerDVD, i don’t think thats the movie he wants to copy, both different posters

Yeah, true. lol

Now its up to the OP to post the file info, I suspect it could be an *.mkv or similar from an not really legal source… :rolleyes:

Hi guys!

Many thanks for your replies! All are much much appreciated :slight_smile:

As it turned out Olyteddy had the right hunch :slight_smile: A friend a little more knowledgeable than me :wink: told me exactly the same. Burning it with DVD Fab Decrypter was a snap; size was about 7.5 gigs.

John

What is the audio component of the movie? If LPCM (uncompressed) then that could account for it. Otherwise you really need to ask where it came from. IIRC screenshots in PowerDVD are on the right-click menu...

doing a screen capture with Power DVD
snap036.jpg
snap042.jpg
snap039.jpg

There are some titles that have bogus tables of content and or IFOs that make it appear that they are a lot bigger than they are. A good ripper should be able to sort it out and allow you to copy the movie only.

That movie is under 8.5gb and fits nicely on a DVD9 aka DVD±R DL! Rip with Ripit4me & DVDDecrypter.