10,000 GB on a single media!

vbimport

Hi there,

just wondering... have you heard of the 10,000 GB Optical Media??? I have a thrashing article about this revolutionary media, if interested, please tell me so I post the article (I'll have to translate it in English first).

I doubt it…hahahahahahahahaahahahaa

same as coldfreezer… hey, btw, cool name… AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I’M SO FUNNY!! :stuck_out_tongue: :cool:

Do they call it, uh, Double sided DVD by any chance ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, to be brief: I am currently translating the article to English. It’ll be here in max. 48 hours.

The main issue in the article is the writing method: the laser burns not only the SURFACE of the media, but goes deeper. So on a 2 mm width disc, this revolutionary CD-burner can store up to 200 GB of data.

The writing speed is of about 3 MB/s, the writing unit is ready and functional (as a prototype). The author of this invention is from Romania and the article appeared in Chip Magazine (Romania), issue 2 / 2002.

I am sorry that I caused so many laughs… I just wanted to share some information. As soon as the article translation is done, I’ll post it here entirely.

And please do not laugh as the scientists did when someone presented inventions such the plane and the train.

it’s way past 48 hours

…can i laugh now?

:rolleyes:

Look, the article is pretty long and I have a lot of work to do. if you don’t believe what I’m saying, that would be okay. I’ll post the article when ready and translated. Then you’ll see al the technical background. I know it’s unbelievable, and I didn’t say we’ll take advantage of this technology soon enough. But as every new invention, it takes some time to be industrially implemented. e.g. the CD-R: was theoretically defined back in 1928. What do you say of that?