1 sheep vs. 2 sheep obsolete

In light of the new developements with the newest protections (Securom4 and Safedics 2.8+) does a drive’s EFM capability still matter? It was an issue with safedisc 2.51+ which prompted the AWS-feature in CCD. Has improved software yet again prevailed over hardware ‘shortcomings’?

AWS although is a workaroung for drives can’t handle EFM…but seems not all drives support AWS…

My Ricoh RW7200A doesn’t support EFM… When I enabled AWS in CCD, the result is still a failure…

Also with the latest programreleases like Alcohol?

Originally posted by MTR
In light of the new developements with the newest protections (Securom4 and Safedics 2.8+) does a drive’s EFM capability still matter? It was an issue with safedisc 2.51+ which prompted the AWS-feature in CCD. Has improved software yet again prevailed over hardware ‘shortcomings’?
Correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns is an issue for SafeDisc and not SecuROM. It became an issue from version 2.0.x (first found in RA2). The two sheep thing is an issue from SD2.51.020 (Tiger Woods Golf) and 2.51.021 (MOH:AA, Renegade and so on). Next problematical SD version was 2.80.x (Unleashed) which the ASUS + CloneCD can do but not in the last two versions of CCD.

Maybe they introduce the 01B9 pattern into later versions of SafeDisc 2. I hope they don’t :frowning:

Originally posted by alexnoe
Maybe they introduce the 01B9 pattern into later versions of SafeDisc 2. I hope they don’t :frowning:

Speaking of which, did you try the extreme low DSV solution?

which the ASUS + CloneCD can do but not in the last two versions of CCD.

----->

i don´t think this is true.

Why Asus should do it, and other 2 Sheep (like Lities) drives not

can do but not in the last two versions of CCD.

what you mean - the newer version don´t will so it on your asus

Which Version it was (i forgot those numbers :confused: )

What do you mean with extrem low DSV solution? Making the DSV something like -5000? How shall I force the DSV to become that low? Anyway, I can’t see why + or - high DSV would make a difference.
What I can tell is that the Toshiba 5002 is the only writer I know that can handle this pattern. Could someone check that for Toshiba 1202?

Originally posted by alexnoe
What do you mean with extrem low DSV solution? Making the DSV something like -5000? How shall I force the DSV to become that low? Anyway, I can’t see why + or - high DSV would make a difference.
What I can tell is that the Toshiba 5002 is the only writer I know that can handle this pattern. Could someone check that for Toshiba 1202?

I mean making the DSV very low instead of very high, by patching in the way discussed on IRC. I am just about certain a low DSV (at least the type of Low DSV that such a patching would create) would not make problems.