1 season of episodes on 1 dvd

vbimport

hi,

i have all three seasons of “arrested development” on dvd.
that’s 3-4 dvds per season; 11 dvds total.

i want to reduce 11 dvds into 3 dvds, one dvd per season.

i know video quality will suffer greatly and i’m willing to sacrifice that for the sake of convenience (i travel a lot and carrying 3 dvds is better than carrying 11 dvds).

i know i can simply use dvd shrink to compress and re-author.
but then there’s no menu and the episodes just play one right after the other.

is there FREE pc software that will let me have a simple colorless text menu so i can choose what episode to watch and will allow a “playall” feature in case i do want to watch one episode after another?

hopefully somebody can help me.
if not, i guess i can live with a no-menu dvd…
thanks in advance.

Hi and Welcome[quote=awiseguyay;2189763]

is there FREE pc software that will let me have a simple colorless text menu so i can choose what episode to watch and will allow a “playall” feature in case i do want to watch one episode after another?
[/quote]I am using GUI for DVDAuthor for creating such discs.

Michael

I haven’t started using it yet but I’ve heard that DVD Decrypter can copy DVD’s with all the menu options. I’m about to check it out since I found out the same thing as you did about DVD Shrink. Good luck!

[QUOTE=eparico;2190340]I haven’t started using it yet but I’ve heard that DVD Decrypter can copy DVD’s with all the menu options. I’m about to check it out since I found out the same thing as you did about DVD Shrink. Good luck![/QUOTE]

DVD Decrypter is just a ripping program. I don’t believe it will allow you to alter the DVDs or split them.

I’m just learning myself and I’m pretty sure you are correct. There’s a lot more to learn about DVD’s than I ever imagined! I figured I’d throw it out there since you mentioned you wanted the menu options. Hope you find your solution.

If they are for PC use, then you will get better results converting them to a different format, such as xvid/divx (avi).