1 in 5 young adults has personality disorder

vbimport

CHICAGO – Almost one in five young American adults has a personality disorder that interferes with everyday life, and even more abuse alcohol or drugs, researchers reported Monday in the most extensive study of its kind.

The disorders include problems such as obsessive or compulsive tendencies and anti-social behavior that can sometimes lead to violence. The study also found that fewer than 25 percent of college-aged Americans with mental problems get treatment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/ap_on_he_me/med_mental_health

I wander how much we paid for this study. If you read what they say in this study you could say that with any age group.

Think about it. Of course 25% of us have disorders because all these people want us all to pay for even more drugs and shell out fees to psychiatrists. If they want to treat something then get all these people to stop blaming everyone and everything but themselves for their supposed problems. Can they hand out pills to make us all feel responsible for our actions? If they can, then pass those out like candy at a parade!

These are the same people that are drugging our kids up the wazoo instead of requiring discipline from them the old fashioned way. Our children are told time after time by these know-it-alls that nothing is their fault and before long they actually believe this BS. We are one of the most over medicated societies on the planet for supposed mental disorders and these people want us to up the ante?!?!

Pessimistic much? :o

Not really. I have much for which I am thankful. How about you?

UTR you are correct I just did not want to say it I for one think aVitamin and aspirin a day would fix most things people do have. I take both each day and have found I do not have the problems I used to need those high price meds for.

I take a multi vitamin and three fish oil capsules throughout the day and that is it. I am on no medication, prescription or otherwise. I know way too many people that take a handful of pills every day. They take pills to sleep and then ones to pep them up in the morning and ones to alter their mood. There are a lot of people in prison for doing the same. The only difference is their pills weren’t prescribed by a doctor.

In the Immortal words of the Ramones “I wanna be sedated” :clap:

[QUOTE=UTR;2168073]Think about it. Of course 25% of us have disorders because all these people want us all to pay for even more drugs and shell out fees to psychiatrists. If they want to treat something then get all these people to stop blaming everyone and everything but themselves for their supposed problems. Can they hand out pills to make us all feel responsible for our actions? If they can, then pass those out like candy at a parade!

These are the same people that are drugging our kids up the wazoo instead of requiring discipline from them the old fashioned way. Our children are told time after time by these know-it-alls that nothing is their fault and before long they actually believe this BS. We are one of the most over medicated societies on the planet for supposed mental disorders and these people want us to up the ante?!?![/QUOTE]

+1 , that about sums it up :wink: … cause pretty much ‘everyone’ (according to them roles eyes ) has some form of a ‘disorder’ lol … which is BS cause the way i see it (or at least HOPE, lol) is most people are basically ‘normal’ … sure there’s some people who are really out of reality but in general i like to think most people are normal.

Everyone has quirks to their personality. It is actually normal. The people that promote this nonsense are just wanting to dig further into our wallets, IMO. The old saying “Follow the money” applies to so many things. The first thing I think about when doctors say we are all wacky, the government passes a law to protect us etc. is how are they planning to make money off it. Most of the laws that are passed for our supposed safety are really revenue generators for the government. Right behind the government in implementing this strategy is the medical industry and then the trial lawyers.