1 click won't help me activate

I bought 1click for about 59.00 about a year and a half ago and since then have had to re-format my hard drive. I tried to re-install but can’t activate it. I wrote them over 5 times and they won’t help since it’s been over a year. I still have my original receipt and email confirmation to no avail. They send an automatic reply to purchase a new one since mine is over a year old and no help is available. They have the WORST customer support I’ve ever had to deal with.
If anyone knows how I can retrieve activation info from my backup hard drive where I thought it would remain intact, please let me know.
Shrink, dvd decrypter, dvd43, nero…all have been excellent, thank goodness for these fine programs.
Shame on dvd1click :sad:

My personal advice: Never buy software which requires product activation. It fires back on you sooner or later.
There are excellent alternatives like elby/SlySoft CloneDVD/AnyDVD with free updates and no activation.

thank you…i wish i would have asked you about it a year and a half ago…i must learn my lessons firsthand…Merry Christmas TRU

If you already have the full version of Nero, take a look at the Recode program included with it. They you don’t have to buy anything new.

Gif error messages! Seriously, what happens when you try to activate? Be as verbose as you can, screenshots welcome!

yes, that’s what I’ve been using and it works great. i have 7 retail, and some old 6’s that came with hardware. I use with dvd43. I never copied more than 4 or 5 backups with 1 click because of its limitations but it just makes me mad that i blew the money on it and they do nothing to help.

i have my original activation name and number, original receipt with credit card info etc. they wont accept it. i would have to re-install the software to get exact message. i’ll do that… may be a while.

oki dokie…

Which version of 1Click DVD copy did you originally purchase, I believe that if you reinstall that exact same copy with the exact same # they gave you that you should be OK in your reinstallation. I could be wrong perhaps ! You should always copy your downloaded software to a CD or DVD and safely stow away your purchase info, serial #'s and codes on a USB key or CD.
You can also get more help and info on 1Click’s own forum,

http://forum.lgsoftwareinnovations.com

You can try out for free Clone DVD and AnyDVd from Slysoft 21 days for free as well as DVDFAb Gold or Platinum 30 days for free and kiss 1Click DVD Copy good bye if you like these other 2.

DVDFab products are just as easy to use as 1Click’s and the decrypter is already built-in so no add-ons required:

www.dvdfab.com

The 1Click people are getting more and more difficult to deal with as time goes by, shame on them.

Okay, here goes…just in the past 20 minutes, I emailed 1click mentioning that there are people getting frustrated with the lack of help they’re getting and they should check this site. Now, I have used the same code that I’ve tried umptine times(which I always copy and paste), and miracle of miracles, it now, this time, has worked finally. I did nothing different. Maybe their support team just neede a little fire under their feet. Thank you to all who have helped and I will make a cd of the program and key. I know updates are out of the question after a year but at least I got the original program back. Again, thank you.
Sincerely,
Nasja1984

Okay, here goes…just in the past 20 minutes, I emailed 1click mentioning that there are people getting frustrated with the lack of help they’re getting and they should check this site. Now, I have used the same code that I’ve tried umptine times(which I always copy and paste), and miracle of miracles, it now, this time, has worked finally. I did nothing different. Maybe their support team just neede a little fire under their feet. Thank you to all who have helped and I will make a cd of the program and key. I know updates are out of the question after a year but at least I got the original program back. Again, thank you.
Sincerely,
Nasja1984

You’re welcome, but I doubt it was anything to do with us, more likely their servers were down for a short period of time.

I doubt it had anything to do with us as I really don’t think 1click cares ! :disagree:

oh no, their server would have had to be down every time i’ve tried to activate. believe me, i only had one version on my computer, 1 key, one place to put the key and tried about 10 times in the last couple of months. i’m just glad it now works. :bow:

Their having server problems or something, their website is down for a second time in the past several days. By the way when copying and pasting in a registration I.D make sure there is no extra blank space before the first number or letter.