1.5Tb WD HDD $59 Newegg Shellshocker

vbimport

until 9:59 PDT / 12:59 EDT

Free shipping is available but you’ve gotta check the box for free shipping

AD

Thanks AllanDeGroot :flower:

Just ordered the 3 limit :bigsmile:

Good and all but unfortunately 3tb is what I look for and that is in a single drive not having to buy 3-1.5tb drives to compensate for what one drive could do and cost the same as 3-1.5tb drives are isn’t much of a saving???

They had 4TB Seagates for 159 yesterday

3 1.5tb drives is about 4 gb of actual drive space vs the 2.7 gb of a 3 tb drive for about the same price sounds good to me.

Monday, NewEgg also had the 7200rpm Toshiba 3Tb for $109 on one of those promo-code sales, too. Tuesday, a 2Tb Seagate External is $89.

These prices are bouncing around every week or two, which probably means shipping and overstocks in warehouses, thus creating some ‘need’ to sell more during a limited time to clear off stock-shelves.

There was a comment about the Seagate 4Tb 5400s running “only” a 2-year warranty as if this was solely a quality-fact. I believe it’s nothing of the sort - it’s a “willingness to commit an ongoing manufacturing” fact. In that regard, 2-year warranties mean “We certainly don’t believe THIS 2Tb model will be in production that long, and we’re moving to a different assembly or mfg model.”

[QUOTE=bean55;2693406]3 1.5tb drives is about 4 gb of actual drive space vs the 2.7 gb of a 3 tb drive for about the same price sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good in all but I rather have a 3 or 4tb drive instead of multiple drives equal to those two amounts taking up space that could instead hold up to multiple single 4tb in a case then single drives doing the same but taking more spaces away. Space a value in my midtower of which I have 8 - 3tb drives and doing that method I would loose valuble real estate space. That the perspective I am coming from. Nothing wrong with those buying single 1.5tb multiple drives.

It also takes more time to redo a 4tb drive vs a 1.5 tb drive.

I have about 40 of them now filled with my movies, when I want to watch something especially a series I pop a drive in and go.

[QUOTE=bean55;2693503]It also takes more time to redo a 4tb drive vs a 1.5 tb drive.

I have about 40 of them now filled with my movies, when I want to watch something especially a series I pop a drive in and go.[/QUOTE]

And not for me formatting is all in the process of upgrading once that is done it was for one drive alone not multiple drives. Of my multiple 3tb I leave from 300-500MB free to move files back and forth between drives and use it as my Primary Destkop/Server/NAS computer/Storage medium so I can retreive and send files to backup location. I have laptops so this works out for me I can stream ISO and various movie formats to my laptops to watch without having to be infront of the desktop to watch. This is why I went with single large 3tb drives because of space limitation and having it on one drive rather then multiple reduces the amount of HDD I can have in my tower. This is my setup others will be different but this puts the best usage of my space in my mid-tower. Although I have no more rooms to expand HDD wise that would mean I have to upgrade my tower to add more HDD but as of now I have two extra free 3tb drives left to fill with all my drives bays at 11 devices of which one is my BD burner.

I remember trying to single partition a 3tb drive after enabling uefi bios on the motherboard (to install win7)… it would ONLY setup as MBR and not GPT. Is this b/s any easier in windows 8? Apparently GPT detection/setup fails for some motherboards. It wasn’t my system so I left it as 2 drives… lol

My 2nd drive is a 400gb drive ripped from an external casing. This is what I’d replace with a 4tb drive. However I could probably hold out until 2015 when I do my rebuild-- or when 4tb drives come down to $99-$120.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2693551]…ONLY setup as MBR and not GPT[/QUOTE]Strange. The UEFI BIOS should take care of this with any 64-bit OS, but that’s only when we live in a Perfect World. cough cough.

I’d suspect “BIOS Update” at some point, but it’s too late for that now until you get a second drive for off-loading.

I ordered one of those drives for my Father, who doesn’t know he getting it yet.

I’m simply going to slip it into his computer when I take the time to move his system into a new case. he doesn’t need 3TB.

Personally I have ONE computer that is sufficiently “new enough” to run a new enough version of Intel Rapid Store to use a 3TB drive.