007: Nightfire / NFS:HS2 Results

hi,

After days of copying, here are the results of cloning this newest EA title w/ SD2.8.xx. My equipment used are:

Reader: Asus DVD E616 2.0p
Writer: Asus CRW2410A (firmware OC to CRW4012A)

CloneCD 4.1.0.1 (SafeDisc 2 Profile) -> Failed… Game fails to load

BlindWrite Suite 4.3.5 (Read Sub, DAO PW, AWS)-> Failed… Made an audio CD instead.

FireBurner, DDump Combo -> Not successful, FB keeps crashing displaying Runtime error

Alcohol 120% 1.3.5.1125 (SD2 profile) -> Success, Perfect copy.
:wink:

The above results applies to NFS Hot Pursuit 2 as well.

Thanks
Killer23d

i have copied both NFS Hot Pursuit 2, and 007: Nightfire using CloneCD version 3.3.4.1 and my Lite-On LTR-40125S.
i installed both games using the backups and both work perfect.
i haven’t tried Alcohol 120% yet, seems like a good program but CloneCD seems to work fine for me.

hi,

Really? The old version 3 works on SD2.8.x?? I have to say Alcohol is great, it’s easy and it will have a update sooner than other programs. I am considering buying it.

ttyl.

Originally posted by accel7
i have copied both NFS Hot Pursuit 2, and 007: Nightfire using CloneCD version 3.3.4.1 and my Lite-On LTR-40125S.
i installed both games using the backups and both work perfect.
i haven’t tried Alcohol 120% yet, seems like a good program but CloneCD seems to work fine for me.

I copied both the above titles using blindwrite 4.2.3 (subs, DAO pw) using my 24x liteon for reading and writeing, i also used my liteon ltd 165 dvd rom drive as reader for experiment, this also worked fine. I did notice you enabled AWS for your ASUS writer, did u try without AWS enabled?, cause this can have adverse effects with some writers?
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile: