_nec dvd_rw nd-2500a Problems

Hi

Can anyone help? Recently our CD drive just stopped working. You can insert a CD/dvd but it wont play it. When i installed an external drive we had the same problem. I have had a look at the properties under the device manager and the error i see states “Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)” I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled and it still doesnt work :frowning:

Any help is gratefully recieved!
Thanks
Bernie

Well, isnt it just typical, just as you start to feel better your doctors appt comes through :bigsmile:
I did a bit more digging on the web for a fix after posting the first message and I found a load more info (where was it when i did a search 3 weeks ago…)
Apparently, this is a problem after unistalling iTunes. The fix is as follows - Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.
B