Old 12-10-2009   #1
MyCE Member

YouTube stops playback after a few seconds

when i try to watch a youtube video it starts to play then keeps uploading, it wont play for more than a few seconds, any ideas? i am using xp home edition.
mark
md74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009   #2
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Re: YouTube stops playback after a few seconds

When you begin playing a clip on YouTube, press the Pause button and wait a moment to see if the buffer continues to move on after a while (e.g. wait ~30 seconds). The following shows an example of the buffer:

Name:  youtube_buffer.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  20.3 KB

Then press the "Play" button to resume playback. If the playback still stops where the buffer progress ends, then its likely a problem with your Internet connection, Wi-Fi (if using it) or your Internet connection is clogged. For example, if you use BitTorrent and simply leave completed Torrents seeding even without downloading anything, this alone is enough to disrupt playback on YouTube.

On the other hand, if the buffer continues to grow, but the playback does not continue, then it's likely a problem with your web browser or Flash plug-in.

Finally, if the buffer does not continue to grow with the playback paused (i.e. that red part does not continue to grow beyond the current position indicator), then something is interrupting your Internet connection. In this case, try downloading a large file (e.g. 15+MB) such as from here to see whether it completes successfully, as this will show whether it's just YouTube or if other transfers are affected.
Seán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009   #3
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by md74 View Post
when i try to watch a youtube video it starts to play then keeps uploading, it wont play for more than a few seconds, any ideas? i am using xp home edition.
mark
You should buffer the complete video instead of playing it directly..
I am sure it will work...
mphilip876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009   #4
MyCE Member

hi can you explain what this means, BitTorrent and simply leave completed Torrents seeding?
mark
md74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by md74 View Post
hi can you explain what this means, BitTorrent and simply leave completed Torrents seeding?
mark

If you don't know what that means then it more than likely doesn't not apply to you (please don't take that as a put down, that's not how I mean it). It is a method of downloading files from various places and allowing people to download files you have made available. You would have to be using one of these services and then you would know what it means, I personally don't as I have known too many people who have gotten into much grief doing the bit-torrent thing, on the other hand, I know many people who have gotten "loads of stuff" doing this, a lot of pirated stuff. I do not have this problem with "YouTube"but it is easy to download videos from "YouTube" using "DownloadHelper" plug-in for Firefox. It is sometimes quicker than waiting for it to buffer.

P.S. Is it legit to download videos from "YouTube"? Don't know. but I do. Mostly homemade videos of people playing musical instruments that I play to learn new methods of playing those songs, or military video clips, and a lot of stuff in between.
Zathros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Finally, if the buffer does not continue to grow with the playback paused (i.e. that red part does not continue to grow beyond the current position indicator), then something is interrupting your Internet connection. In this case, try downloading a large file (e.g. 15+MB) such as from here to see whether it completes successfully, as this will show whether it's just YouTube or if other transfers are affected.
hi sir,i followed ur step and try to download your file but the download stops at 13% and did not continue anymore. also when i watch videos clip or movie, the buffering pauses and stop. before i dont feel this kind of problem but now i can't watch a straight movie.

can you pls help me with my problem sir.
tnx alot.
psykick is offline   Reply With Quote