Old 01-10-2013   #1
MyCE Resident

U.S. shut down

The federal government in the U.S. shut down today because of the idiots in Washington.No government employee will be working today because of the jerks in office.I say vote them out next election,remember the names of them in office and make sure they are put in the unemployment line.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...utdown-process
Old 01-10-2013   #2
CE Freak

Too bad they didn't cut off Congress salaries, benefits, fire all their staffers, all their appointees and take all their campaign donations and pay off the deficit!

I am glad to see that Ted Cruz completed his third physical in 4 months. All on the socialized medicine that he disavows for all other US Citizens. He said he'd never had 3 physicals in the past 10 years combined. But now that he's on the socialized Gov't freebie list, he loves that!

Such a great spokesman for those kind of ideals.
Old 01-10-2013   #3
MyCE Resident

Take notice that even shut down there is still foreign aid going out .
No bills that would declare all the foreign aid that ever went out a loan.
With a demand for paying it all back.
You know a letter to all the countries we've sent foreign aid to.
" We the USA are the most in debt nation in the world.
We helped you with foreign aid loans when you needed them.
Now we need & want the money back with interest."

Next I don't see all the US military being called back to the US & all foreign bases being demolished & then closed .
Where is the money coming from for those if the US is shut down?
That is another area where the US needs to bill foreign countries .
For all the military & police actions we have provided. Why should the citizens of the US provide this for free?
Next are the US foreign embassies being shout down ?
All the ambassadors & staff called back to the US.
Where is the money for those coming from ?
How about closing the UN & giving all the foreign embassies here in the US their walking papers. Or don't you think it costs the citizens of the US plenty per year to have them here ?

Last I like Ted Cruz . One of the few Senators that seems to be doing it somewhat the right way. I haven't checked into him getting several physicals . With his opposition to "Obamacare" I suspect that is to make a point & rub the President's nose in it. As well as the other members of Congress that support "Obamacare" while exempting themselves. That seems to be the stand Ted Cruz has taken . I listened to part of his filibuster & that was part of the tone it took.
Old 01-10-2013   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholla View Post
Last I like Ted Cruz . One of the few Senators that seems to be doing it somewhat the right way. I haven't checked into him getting several physicals . With his opposition to "Obamacare" I suspect that is to make a point & rub the President's nose in it. As well as the other members of Congress that support "Obamacare" while exempting themselves. That seems to be the stand Ted Cruz has taken . I listened to part of his filibuster & that was part of the tone it took.

Oh yeah, and i like the part about green eggs and ham...so a befitting story for his own hypocrisy taking social medicine while denying it to others. Maybe he should listen to what is said at the end of the story of Dr. Seuss.
Old 01-10-2013   #5
MyCE Resident

Not a commentary on either side of the issue... Just a factual clarification to what's been posted. Ted Cruz is not enrolled in the health care plan(s) provided to congresspeople and senators. He's apparently covered under his wife Heidi's policy that she has courtesy of her employment at Goldman Sachs.
Old 01-10-2013   #6
UTR
MyCE Resident

Obamacare will die because it was ill conceived and poorly thought out from the beginning. It was built on serving special interests, lobbyists and increasing government control over people. It is also financially unsustainable. There is no need to shut anything down to get rid of it. Just letting it move forward as planned is the easiest, quickest way to terminate it.
Old 01-10-2013   #7
UTR
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Not a commentary on either side of the issue... Just a factual clarification to what's been posted. Ted Cruz is not enrolled in the health care plan(s) provided to congresspeople and senators. He's apparently covered under his wife Heidi's policy that she has courtesy of her employment at Goldman Sachs.
Old 01-10-2013   #8
MyCE Resident

Politicians should be encouraged to give up and donate private properties and resign instead of harassing the people and institutions they are supposed to govern.
Old 01-10-2013   #9
MyCE Resident

Thanks Stereodude , I should have checked further into Ted Cruz's insurance.
I just assumed he was using the Senate insurance that exempted itself from Obamacare to rub Obama's nose in it. My mistake.

So I guess Ted Cruz is not a hypocrit using socialized medicine while denying it to others. If one know much about his politics one wouldn't think that anyway.
Old 01-10-2013   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marloyd View Post
The federal government in the U.S. shut down today because of the idiots in Washington.No government employee will be working today because of the jerks in office.I say vote them out next election,remember the names of them in office and make sure they are put in the unemployment line.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...utdown-process
While I agree about the bit concerning the jerks in office, the part about federal employees not working isn't entirely true. The federal government shutdown only affects "non-essential personnel" (about 40-50% of the government workforce). Those deemed essential personnel will be going to work business as usual. We don't know for sure about pay being delayed, but even for federal employees who are furloughed right now during the government shutdown, the standard practice when this has occurred in the past has been to backpay the employees for the time they were furloughed. Obviously for those folks with no savings it does present a big problem, but for those who manage their money wisely and have saved it is only a minor inconvenience. For those who are wondering, yes I am a government employee and yes I will be going to work for the entire duration of the shutdown as I am deemed essential personnel.
Old 02-10-2013   #11
MyCE Resident

Thanks Jesterrace for the info, I know we got mail today.
Old 02-10-2013   #12
DVD Freak

US, the SuperPower of the World. This's just insane.
Old 02-10-2013   #13
UTR
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto2 View Post
US, the SuperPower of the World. This's just insane.
We get the government we elect, superpower or not.
Old 02-10-2013   #14
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Thanks Stereodude , I should have checked further into Ted Cruz's insurance.
I just assumed he was using the Senate insurance that exempted itself from Obamacare to rub Obama's nose in it. My mistake.

So I guess Ted Cruz is not a hypocrit using socialized medicine while denying it to others. If one know much about his politics one wouldn't think that anyway.

True but I have yet to hear him denounce he won't use it?? That is factual....Now if he came out and said that and signed a waiver that he won't use it then I can believe his rhetoric more and have more clot to it. It's one way to think it another for one to have "Foot in Mouth Disease" lately.
Old 02-10-2013   #15
UTR
MyCE Resident

The guy doesn't use taxpayer money to meet his healthcare needs. What more can he do? IMO, many are underestimating Cruz. He won a primary and general election where nearly everyone from both parties initially wrote him off as not having a chance. What he did regarding Obamacare recently will bode well for him with the voters he is going after, especially in the primary elections.

The majority of the public doesn't support Obamacare and the jury is still out as to whether it will be a complete disaster or a marginal success. Since Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid put the law together (or rather let the lobbyists put it together) I don't expect it to be a raging success. It could easily become a raging failure as it will likely fall apart under its own weight. It is grossly underfunded because the real costs of the law were hidden and ignored when the law was written. If the Democrats had told us the truth regarding the actual costs it would have never been passed at all. These costs can no longer be hidden and people that think they are going to get something for nothing are in for a major disappointment.
Old 02-10-2013   #16

Just my 2 cents, the American voters need to stand up in unison and finally tell these flakes that they have had enough of the two party system. Vote Independent, Green or heck even give Mickey Mouse the vote. I think Richard Pryor had it right in Brewster's Millions with the "none of the above" vote. The sad fact of the matter is that most Americans are in fact Independent or Other, but it's also the most apathetic population and as such we perpetuate mediocrity by letting the most politically polarized portions of the population decide for us. We need to say enough is enough.

Okay, I will step off my soap box now.
Old 02-10-2013   #17
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTR View Post
The guy doesn't use taxpayer money to meet his healthcare needs. What more can he do? IMO, many are underestimating Cruz. He won a primary and general election where nearly everyone from both parties initially wrote him off as not having a chance. What he did regarding Obamacare recently will bode well for him with the voters he is going after, especially in the primary elections.

The majority of the public doesn't support Obamacare and the jury is still out as to whether it will be a complete disaster or a marginal success. Since Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid put the law together (or rather let the lobbyists put it together) I don't expect it to be a raging success. It could easily become a raging failure as it will likely fall apart under its own weight. It is grossly underfunded because the real costs of the law were hidden and ignored when the law was written. If the Democrats had told us the truth regarding the actual costs it would have never been passed at all. These costs can no longer be hidden and people that think they are going to get something for nothing are in for a major disappointment.
And your saying the Repub where going to tell the truth and how were they going to pay for Two unfunded wars started under a previous President borrowing money from China??? Don't hit to koolaid to hard ok. Did you even read or study completely what the Obamacare or ACA really says?? If not then one shouldn't says something one hasn't read the entirety of the bill. Oh yeah forgot to mention Gold nutsack got tax payer relief as well so if Government was so bad why did they take TAX PAYER money and then turn right around a make a nice profit off the back of TAX PAYER and his wife was working right for Gold nutsack. So there in itself is a contradiction on itself. I will make this very simple...

He is BLACK and that scares the heck out of the white folks in the HOUSE...plain simple fact the US still has alot of baggage from the Civil Rights Era that is hasn't owned up to and will never get rid of if they want real reform on all levels. And also remember whom said he wanted Obama to be a "One Term President" for all to see and replay online over and over. That should tell all that he was already not going to do the real hard work to fix the country and it's problem.
Old 02-10-2013   #18
CE Freak

The Austin paper covered his 3 checkups at Walter Reed as he was "testing their services" for his "research". Of course, he just renounced his Canadian Citizenship in August, 2013. No one talks about this so-called "Texan" as a Canadian, though.

HOW CONVENIENT. The hypocrites stand tall! Keep the lies going!! Nothing works like the BIG LIE.
Old 02-10-2013   #19
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineBCW View Post
Of course, he just renounced his Canadian Citizenship in August, 2013. No one talks about this so-called "Texan" as a Canadian, though.
He also has been a US citizen since birth. He spent less than 4 years of his life living in Canada from 1970 (birth) to 1974. He spent the rest of his life growing up in Texas. Does that make him a "Texan" or a "Canadian"? No idea...
Old 02-10-2013   #20
Senior Moderator

Just a reminder folks...We are a Technology forum. I too feel outrage that a bunch of 'good old boys' (and gals) have the audacity to pull a stunt like this in the name of the very people they were hired to serve but there are many avenues in which to discuss this other than this, a Technology forum. Keep it relevant and clean! TIA

It's been at least 2 years, 5 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 35 36 37 seconds since I had a sig...
(but who's counting?)
Old 02-10-2013   #21
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
Did you even read or study completely what the Obamacare or ACA really says?? If not then one shouldn't says something one hasn't read the entirety of the bill.
The problem is most of the Congressmen & Senators didn't read the bill in its entirity . The just voted for it. This is a problem with a lot of bills.
It's one reason for too much law & bad law at that.

Where do you get unfunded wars ? The American people are funding them. Don't get me wrong I was & still am against any involvement by the US in the Middle East or elsewhere. I think we should have minded our own business since WW2 . Without the US I don't beleive Hitler could have been defeated. If you read my posts you would know I'm for pulling all US military out of every other country.

Quit playing the "race card". I don't think that is even a factor.
I don't like Obama & I'm concerned with his involvement with the Muslim Brotherhood not his color. I voted against Obama both times.
I would say more about Obama & why I don't like him but that would most likly get this thread closed.

There was limited discussion of Walter Williams running ( last election) . He didn't want too. If he ran I would vote for him .Although I don't agree with him on every point we are a lot closer politically. So it's not a color thing with me anyway.
Old 02-10-2013   #22
MyCE Resident

As usual, most people outside the US stay outside the discussion, and just watch. Repeated hundreds of times over the last several years - it wasn't like that 13 or 15 years ago when members residing in the US were a minority. It would have been a lot simpler if everyone just announced "I'm a Democrat" or "I'm a Republican" and then conclude "That's everything for now I can tell you to convince the world I am right and true."
Old 02-10-2013   #23
MyCE Resident

Quote:
... If you read my posts you would know I'm for pulling all US military out of every other country.

From South Korea, too? The current president of South Korea, the daughter of the late Park Junghee, just made the US agree to her proposition regarding the presence of US troops on the peninsula. She virtually destroyed one of the core achievements of the only South Korean Novel Prize winner.

Quote:
I think we should have minded our own business since WW2 . Without the US I don't beleive Hitler could have been defeated.
So that successors of Hitler could have united Eurasia and contained Americas?
Old 02-10-2013   #24
MyCE Resident

The important thing to understand about "Obama Care" is that it is NOT about
providing medical treatment.

It is about providing "insurance coverage" to the 15% of people who did not previously have insurance coverage. ((yeah, that's right only 15% of people weren't covered)

What does this bring to everyone? minimum of 40% increases, in some cases 300% increases.

Typically a 300% increase in the deductible.

And mass confusion.

Remember "We have to pass it to know what's in it"

Anyone ever see the South Park Episode "HumancentiPad"?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes
Season 15 Episode 1

This whole "Affordable Care Act" sounds a lot like the user agreement in this episode of South Park
If you become annoyed with an electronic device and soothe the animal side of your nature by smashing it with a hammer some will say that you are ruled by that "animal side", However the Cerebral side that "holds the leash" of your animal side understands the basic reality that once smashed that annoying POS will never irritate you again.... it is only serendipity that you also rid yourself of some repressed rage in the process...
Old 03-10-2013   #25
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
From South Korea, too? The current president of South Korea, the daughter of the late Park Junghee, just made the US agree to her proposition regarding the presence of US troops on the peninsula. She virtually destroyed one of the core achievements of the only South Korean Novel Prize winner.
I should but I have no idea what the proposition was.
So was it the US military should stay , send more troops , Or get the hell out ?

On thing most countries wouldn't like is as the US military left they would completely demolish the US military bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
So that successors of Hitler could have united Eurasia and contained Americas?
What successors of Hitler ?
I don't recall there being any.

I won't be in control so it won't be done my way.
If such a dictator came into power that thought he could contain the USA . The actions I would try to take would prevent that. There might not be anything left alive on Earth. I would take that to the alternative of being under any worse dictator than Obama.