Old 24-03-2009   #26
No longer with us

Re: Roadmaster VR3 car stereo with SD card slot, USB, audio port

I bought a vrcd400-sdu and installed it worked great for 2 days then I started having problems with it, the fm radio starts popping after about 20 mins of the stereo being turned on all other features work fine but not the fm radio...I email there customer support and they told me to check all my connections again it had to be a connection issue...My background is as an electronic tech and ive installed many stereos in my life and have never had issues like this.. I contacted them again via there help desk and have yet to hear anything back from them ... My feeling are i should have done my homework and checked out the company before i bought, I will not buy another thing from roadmaster and I think im going to send this piece of crap back to them and tell them where they can stick it....
with the econamony we have to watch our money and if companies are out there trying to pass bad quality just to make a buck we as consumers have the right to say no...I am going to replace it with a more reptiable product.... In my words DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY DON'T SUPPORT THERE PRODUCTS
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009   #27
No longer with us

Same thing whit my... any anwser yet ?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009   #28
New on Forum

I can't get it to recognize any sd over 2 gigs? and it takes too long to reboot when restarting the car. if you can live with that it's a great radio for what it is and you can't beat the price under 80$ from walmart.
sweetgyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #29
New on Forum

I bought this product because I was looking for a badass stereo with a lot of features, the VRCD500SDU and for four months it did just that. Wow'd by my friends, envied by my neighbor and smoothy sending signals to my speakers, remembering my presets and reading any memory card/stick/cd/aux I could give it. Then one day, without provocation the unit wouldn't turn on. I popped off the faceplate and hit the reset button, then it sprung to life, but had forgotten all my presets, and settings. I pulled the whole thing back out and checked all the wires, they were providing the correct current, including the yellow "constant power" memory wire. My only conclusion is that the head unit has an internal malfunction. Don't bother trying to call or e-mail for help. I have sent two e-mails, it has been 5 weeks, no responce. When you call, you will be placed in que, and told there is a heavy call load, and your wait time is over 25 minutes. I got ahold of the operator, and apparently, Roadmaster USA, has ONE (1) functional tech support phone line for the entire nation to funnel into. Madness, from California to Maine, 1 SINGLE phone line!?!??! I couldn't get a true wait time, but I would estimate 2 years up to eternity. If you like short lived bliss, then buy this unit, because for a short while it will deliver soundly. However, if you like reliability or a strong backing from the company when something goes wrong, seek something else NAME BRAND. Do not make the mistake I did, DO NOT be wooed by the low cost and surplus of incredible features. Roadmaster USA has gained a
I bought this product because I was looking for a badass stereo with a lot of features, the VRCD500SDU and for four months it did just that. Wow'd by my friends, envied by my neighbor and smoothy sending signals to my speakers, remembering my presets and reading any memory card/stick/cd/aux I could give it. Then one day, without provocation the unit wouldn't turn on. I popped off the faceplate and hit the reset button, then it sprung to life, but had forgotten all my presets, and settings. I pulled the whole thing back out and checked all the wires, they were providing the correct current, including the yellow "constant power" memory wire. My only conclusion is that the head unit has an internal malfunction. Don't bother trying to call or e-mail for help. I have sent two e-mails, it has been 5 weeks, no responce. When you call, you will be placed in que, and told there is a heavy call load, and your wait time is over 25 minutes. I got ahold of the operator, and apparently, Roadmaster USA, has ONE (1) functional tech support phone line for the entire nation to funnel into. Madness, from California to Maine, 1 SINGLE phone line!?!??! I couldn't get a true wait time, but I would estimate 2 years up to eternity. If you like short lived bliss, then buy this unit, because for a short while it will deliver soundly. However, if you like reliability or a strong backing from the company when something goes wrong, seek something else NAME BRAND. Do not make the mistake I did, DO NOT be wooed by the low cost and surplus of incredible features. Roadmaster USA has gained a crackerjack seat on my Shit List.
Zepcono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #30

Wow I must have gotten the only good unit because I have had mine for about two years now and it's working fine. The remote only lasted about 6 months before the volume buttons stopped working and then a few months later it died altogether. My brother took it apart and tried to fix it but to no avail. I really think $20 for a new one is robbery so I am living without it. I think it may have been my fault. One day I left a cheap 50 cent lighter sitting right next to the remote and it was hot out, the lighter exploded and the remote went flying.
I have not used the SD slot as I don't own a SD card but the USB port works well and so does the other input jack (have not noticed lower volume using this input). I have a master plan which involves putting a shock-tested, portable external hard drive in my car (320gb) and am hoping my VR3's USB port sends out enough juice to power this thing up. If not, it comes with a Y cable so I can always plug one of the USBs into a cigarette-lighter-to-USB-adapter in order to get the extra power. I will post on here and let you all know if it works. I am anticipating that it will since the hard drive comes formatted as FAT32.

The cons:
Radio reception blows. It barely gets channels any other stereo can get. But I don't listen to the radio so it's no real biggy for me.

The tech support blows too. I sent them two messages when I first got this thing and they never responded.

In all, as a 70 dollar impulse buy some years back I am still quite happy with this product. Let's see if it lasts over a decade like my old Panasonic did. I doubt it.
xninjagrrl is offline   Reply With Quote