Old 08-11-2012   #26
MyCE Senior Member
 
Mr.Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholla View Post
Not if there is something I can legally do to change it .

Peace back at you though.

@ marloyd , I have no problem talking either . I can usually hold my cool .
I was for Romney but I sure don't agree with his religion .

Then again I don't beleive Obama is a Christian even if he proclaims to be one.
I beleive this is just part of what he uses to get votes. His support of the Muslim Brotherhood shows his true colors .
Weather you believe Obama is a Christian or not. He is a Human being first, just like you and I. No matter who or what you or I believe. Do you believe that all Muslims are bad people? Come now. (Really). I respect you. Oh by the way, I am a Christian. And as a Christian, I will love all people no matter what they believe. Everybody has a right to believe in what they want to believe. Some people seem to have a problem with that.

Peace
Mr.Bill is online now  
Old 08-11-2012   #27
MyCE Resident
 
marloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan ,usa
Posts: 9,360
Cholla your a great friend and I know you would give me a good argument but I have good reasons to vote straight Dem. and if mickey mouse run as a Democrat I'd vote for him.When they try to eliminate the unions and try to get my pension that I worked for so many years for I get a little angry.Maybe you guys have different problems that we don't see and like you said your state has different problems but some how were going to have to work together and not force each others differences on the other. And I'm not getting my point across that I want ,so I'll bow out.Still friends hey
marloyd is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #28
MyCE Resident
 
cholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amarillo ,Texas
Posts: 8,162
As far as the law is concerned in the USA everybody has a legal right to believe what they want to believe .

You can believe what you want about Muslims it doesn't mean they believe the same about Christians . If you don't believe this see if you can find a Christian church in Saudi Arabia . I think due to old agreements they may allow a Catholic church . In the Middle East many have been killed just for becoming a Christian .
So in general it is part of the Muslim religion Islam to crush all other religions.
As a Christian I know I'm not supposed to hate Muslims or any other people that have a different religion . I'm supposed to try & convert them . Something that will get you put to death in most of the Middle East. If the Muslims ever get to the same number percentage in the US it will be the same because by then there will no longer be a US Constitution .
As a Christian you already know there is only one way to God & that is through Jesus . The Bible condemns all that deny Jesus . It boils down to this if a person accepts Jesus then they are my brother or sister. If they don't they are not & are condemned by God . That doesn't mean I hate them but I'm wary of them . I only have enough love for them to try & teach them about Jesus .

So it does make a difference to me if the leader of the US is a Christian .

If a Muslim holds true to his belief then I'm considered an enemy & hated by the Muslim . That is enough to make me not want one as a leader or even associate with one . Except to try to convert .
__________________
cholla pronounced ˈchȯi-yə click on cholla to hear
cholla is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #29
UTR
MyCE Resident
 
UTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,391
The USA will be in the same predicament as Greece in the next 10-20 years if we continue on the same path as the last four years. Sooner or later the world will realize how worthless the dollar has become and will wise up and stop throwing their money in a fire pit. There is a reason the U.S. government will not audit the Federal Reserve and make the results public. If the did the dollar would collapse. They can't keep hiding the truth forever if they keep printing money that isn't supported by strong economic growth.
UTR is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #30
MyCE Resident
 
cholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amarillo ,Texas
Posts: 8,162
Hi marloyd , Everythings fine between us . If you voted Democrat that is your right.
I'm not a hard core Republican except where it comes to Obama .
I've been called racist by some because of that. That is wrong because I don't have a problem with a black President . I have a problem with Obama . Who is half white .
I live in a right to work state & prefer that . I'm not anti union & I actually believe that the unions did a lot of good . Maybe you can enlighten me on this but didn't the companies that had unions & the union leaders themselves have a lot to do with the problems pensions now have ? That is what I've been told .
The thing is I've never had a politician I agreed with all of his policies & any Republican is no exception . The same applies to a Democrat .

I do believe if Hoffa was still in charge of the unions there would have been a lot less outsourcing & the people in this country would be in a lot better shape financially.
One of the main problems of this country is we have outsourced way to many jobs .
No longer enough working people to support the country . Too many immigrants allowed in when there aren't enough jobs for the people already here.

@ UTR , I think we agree on a lot of things . The way to a strong ecomomy is lots of jobs & businesses here in the USA .
When we had that the government didn't have to print worthless money.
__________________
cholla pronounced ˈchȯi-yə click on cholla to hear
cholla is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #31
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloyd View Post
Cholla your a great friend and I know you would give me a good argument but I have good reasons to vote straight Dem. and if mickey mouse run as a Democrat I'd vote for him.When they try to eliminate the unions and try to get my pension that I worked for so many years for I get a little angry.Maybe you guys have different problems that we don't see and like you said your state has different problems but some how were going to have to work together and not force each others differences on the other. And I'm not getting my point across that I want ,so I'll bow out.Still friends hey
I find this disturbing that you'd think republicans "get your" pension
when the only politician who has done so is Obama.
In evading US bankruptcy and contract law during the Chrysler bailout
he did exactly that.
The rational used by Obama was "I don't want to bail out a bunch of fatcats" as he refered to the Bond holders (who are supposed to get paid firstin a bankruptcy), bud it wasn't "Fat cats" who suffered, but most of the public service unions in Indiana who had invested heavily in those bonds and on mutual funds that also held those bonds.

I believe that many people have just voted based on the rhetoric rather than the reality.

BTW, "Rhetoric" is a euphamism for LIES., and that's all I have to say about this most recent exercise of people voting that the Titanic is not sinking under their feet. (Consensus does not equal reality)
__________________
If you become annoyed with an electronic device and soothe the animal side of your nature by smashing it with a hammer some will say that you are ruled by that "animal side", However the Cerebral side that "holds the leash" of your animal side understands the basic reality that once smashed that annoying POS will never irritate you again.... it is only serendipity that you also rid yourself of some repressed rage in the process...
AllanDeGroot is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #32
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Consider this a 'Pre-minder' (a reminder in advance) that MyCE is a technology oriented forum and as such not the most appropriate place to discuss politics. Should this thread degenerate into mudslinging and name calling it will get edited and/or closed. Please, let's use it to congratulate winners and offer concession to the defeated.
That would be true but unfortunately there are others that judge a man that is now President because the color of his skin. That person can say what or make excuse but his reactions is all the small minded and closed minded person that fails to forget how much "FREEDOM" that they take for granted. And it's funny and makes me want to gag when another President that had 8 years and did the very same thing and a do nothing President but this responder fails to notice there was another president that had a 2 term that did nothing for the USA or improve it in any good form. Where was he when the US was going down hill in the last 8 years? I have to say those living in USA forget how much "Liberty and FREEDOM" they have compared to those living around the world don't get to have "Liberty or FREEDOM" but dictated to them. Also that responder will ask for their S.S. and Med***** but fails to notice this is also a social program or aka socialism and they shouldn't take these benefits if they don't like the social program aka socialism. When you tell them that they rant and rant but have no reply to taking S.S. and Med*****.......now don't you find that just hypocrite they will take social program aka socialism but turn right around and cry Obama is a socialism but they themselves are the beneficiary of the programs.
coolcolors is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #33
UTR
MyCE Resident
 
UTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,391
cholla,

The world is going to also suffer from our reckless fiscal ways. When the dollar collapses it will mean our imports will collapse along with it. The world's economy will suffer right along with ours.

The only system that can support social programs is capitalism. The only thing that allows capitalism to spin off excessive cash is if they are not restrained by overburdening government taxes and regulation.

Obama's socialist policies he has pushed the past four years have hurt the poor and lower income people the most. As an example, when low income people are forced to pay $4+ for a gallon of gasoline it impacts them far more than higher income people. The USA has seen the number of people in poverty skyrocket the past four years. The number of people collecting food stamps increased over 50%. Income has lowered by $5k per family. The real unemployment rate is 11% and there is no sign of it reducing anytime soon. All these new socialist policies and laws the Democrats have enacted have failed miserably and they have devastated the poor in particular. The number of people living in poverty is increasing at an alarming rate.

The only way to solve our problems is to give people the opportunity to work their way out of poverty. Government does not create meaningful jobs that are long lasting and promote economic growth. It is the private sector that does this. Look at the PIIGS in Europe. They are collapsing under the wait of debt and socialism. It is unsustainable. Why the USA wants to follow this path is a mystery to me. We will meet the same results and there won't be a "Germany" to soften the crash for us.

I think in large macro terms and history has shown that wherever socialism (sometimes mislabeled as communism) has been tried it ultimately fails. Sometimes it fails softly (as it is in Europe today) and sometimes it fails violently and tens of millions of people die in the process. I know what the end will be for the USA. I just can't tell you how much pain will be felt on our way to getting there.
UTR is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #34
MyCE Resident
 
marloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan ,usa
Posts: 9,360
Ok I didn't mean they got my pension but they blame the pensions for bringing the economy down.And here in Michigan the Governor wants to take it .So the fat cats can keep their money, as it is they took our health care away and now wants our pensions .I don't think you guys realize what would have have happened if they forced the auto companies down ,there certainly would have been a depression or worse.I don't agree of bailing out the presidents of the banks and the top a-holes of G.M.-getting paid to crush a company and run with millions.And yes some people voted for one thing only not concerting everything as a whole.Obama didn't start this crap Bush did,Obama just got stuck with it.
marloyd is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #35
MyCE Senior Member
 
Mr.Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholla View Post
As far as the law is concerned in the USA everybody has a legal right to believe what they want to believe .

You can believe what you want about Muslims it doesn't mean they believe the same about Christians . If you don't believe this see if you can find a Christian church in Saudi Arabia . I think due to old agreements they may allow a Catholic church . In the Middle East many have been killed just for becoming a Christian .
So in general it is part of the Muslim religion Islam to crush all other religions.
As a Christian I know I'm not supposed to hate Muslims or any other people that have a different religion . I'm supposed to try & convert them . Something that will get you put to death in most of the Middle East. If the Muslims ever get to the same number percentage in the US it will be the same because by then there will no longer be a US Constitution .
As a Christian you already know there is only one way to God & that is through Jesus . The Bible condemns all that deny Jesus . It boils down to this if a person accepts Jesus then they are my brother or sister. If they don't they are not & are condemned by God . That doesn't mean I hate them but I'm wary of them . I only have enough love for them to try & teach them about Jesus .

So it does make a difference to me if the leader of the US is a Christian .

If a Muslim holds true to his belief then I'm considered an enemy & hated by the Muslim . That is enough to make me not want one as a leader or even associate with one . Except to try to convert .
O.K. And! What would Jesus say to that, which you just has said. I would say, he would have said. love one another. As my Father has loved you. You don't sound like a real Christian. I am not going to continue this conversation as to what one believes. I think we both has made our point. Period. Last I will agree to disagree with you. And as I said before, I respect you.

Peace
Mr.Bill is online now  
Old 08-11-2012   #36
MyCE Resident
 
marloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan ,usa
Posts: 9,360
Back to the thread I'm glad Obama won the other cat lives not to far from here and runs a company that has most of his employees oversea so how would he help our economy ,think he would bring those jobs back ,think again.I think and hope Obama does good things.
marloyd is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #37
MyCE Senior Member
 
Mr.Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTR View Post
cholla,

The world is going to also suffer from our reckless fiscal ways. When the dollar collapses it will mean our imports will collapse along with it. The world's economy will suffer right along with ours.

The only system that can support social programs is capitalism. The only thing that allows capitalism to spin off excessive cash is if they are not restrained by overburdening government taxes and regulation.

Obama's socialist policies he has pushed the past four years have hurt the poor and lower income people the most. As an example, when low income people are forced to pay $4+ for a gallon of gasoline it impacts them far more than higher income people. The USA has seen the number of people in poverty skyrocket the past four years. The number of people collecting food stamps increased over 50%. Income has lowered by $5k per family. The real unemployment rate is 11% and there is no sign of it reducing anytime soon. All these new socialist policies and laws the Democrats have enacted have failed miserably and they have devastated the poor in particular. The number of people living in poverty is increasing at an alarming rate.

The only way to solve our problems is to give people the opportunity to work their way out of poverty. Government does not create meaningful jobs that are long lasting and promote economic growth. It is the private sector that does this. Look at the PIIGS in Europe. They are collapsing under the wait of debt and socialism. It is unsustainable. Why the USA wants to follow this path is a mystery to me. We will meet the same results and there won't be a "Germany" to soften the crash for us.

I think in large macro terms and history has shown that wherever socialism (sometimes mislabeled as communism) has been tried it ultimately fails. Sometimes it fails softly (as it is in Europe today) and sometimes it fails violently and tens of millions of people die in the process. I know what the end will be for the USA. I just can't tell you how much pain will be felt on our way to getting there.
Maybe you should run for office some day, who ever you are. To make that change which you talking about. That may be welcome as well. If you don't like Obama as well. But he is the President of the United States, and there is nothing you or I can do about it. Period. So live with it. Or do what you think that will change that. My last post on this subject. Peace to all.

Peace
Mr.Bill is online now  
Old 08-11-2012   #38
MyCE Resident
 
cholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amarillo ,Texas
Posts: 8,162
Mr. Bill this is what Jesus said :
Mathew 10;32 & 33
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. "

I believe that & I'm sure I am a real Christian .
Muslims & other religions deny Jesus before men.
That is not the only verse that supports that . I bet you have heard the same in church.
I have been to more than one denomination & heard it.

@ UTR , I pretty much agree with your last post . On many thigs we are not that far apart.

@ coolcolors . Social Security & med***** are both programs paid into by working people > They are not free government handouts. If the same amount of money was put into a pension fund it would pay out more & sooner than SS does.
The problem with SS is the government stole the money out of it to balance the budget for many years. A paid pension like SS is not socialism . It is only the government that has labeled it an entitlement to make it look like it hasn't been paid into & for.
__________________
cholla pronounced ˈchȯi-yə click on cholla to hear
cholla is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #39
Administrator
 
Kerry56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Texas
Posts: 16,895
This thread is temporarily suspended until olyteddy shows up and decides what he wants to do with this mess.
Kerry56 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012   #40
Senior Moderator
 
olyteddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the present, the past was so long ago...
Posts: 7,453
Thanks Kerry. Good choice. I agree that it's time to let this thread slowly slip its way into obscurity as another shining example of why DVD burning and politics just don't mix. As a final word, let me congratulate all the winners, offer condolence to the also rans and say how wonderful it is to be able to participate in choosing which is which...
__________________

It's been at least 2 years, 5 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 35 36 37 seconds since I had a sig...
(but who's counting?)
olyteddy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President obama zap em Latest News Headlines 42 08-11-2008 03:40
Is it time to scrap the Electoral College? samlar Latest News Headlines 10 22-10-2008 07:00
Vote For Me Mr. Brownstone Living Room 12 07-08-2006 09:25
Vote for NEC! and vote often! rdgrimes NEC / Optiarc Writer 25 13-11-2004 11:23


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:02.
Top