Old 23-02-2012   #1
MyCE Senior Member

Google's smart glasses could make augmented reality mainstream

Google's smart glasses could make augmented reality mainstream.

Tech-savvy consumers who constantly pine for real-life gadgets that mimic the impossible ones wielded nonchalantly in sci-fi flicks, listen up. According to recent gossip, Google is busy developing a sleek pair of futuristic glasses that displays GPS info, sports a built-in camera and runs on Android. Eat your heart out, Geordi La Forge.

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-googl...nstream-59188/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.
Justin_Massoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012   #2
Blown to smitherines

I can't stand Oakley glasses. They just reek of teenage male desperation & insecurity.

When google comes out with a chip to beam it straight into your head, tell me. Glasses, urgh.
debro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012   #3
MyCE Senior Member

All I can say is geta a life. If you cant just walk down the street without knowing where your friends are, what the score is, then you need some therapy. Need a weather update?...look up!!!
Zzyzxroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012   #4
MyCE Resident

I think this tech could be really cool, but I would be worried about having an active 3G/4G antenna next to my brain for many hours on end. That much radiation exposure can't be good.
Blu-rayFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012   #5
Retired Moderator

Re: Google's smart glasses could make augmented reality mainstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-rayFreak View Post
I think this tech could be really cool, but I would be worried about having an active 3G/4G antenna next to my brain for many hours on end. That much radiation exposure can't be good.
You got that right!!, look at all the concerns just over the use of cellphones.
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012   #6
MyCE Resident

I'd be more interested in something like those Sony goggles with 3D HD video and gaming to be honest. However if it can be built into my existing specs without adding any additional weight or eyestrain (or making you look like a pleb) I'd give them a try.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote