• buffer level display, both graphically and numerically
    • CPU usage display, both graphically and numerically
  • Added option to set priority
  • Added options button on main screen
  • Greatly improved image burning engine
  • Added menu shortcuts for burning image file
  • Improved erase function
  • Disc Quality Test
    • Added 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x CLV and 8x P-CAV speed settings for BenQ drives.
    • Enabled support for Pioneer drives
  • Minor improvements and bug fixes

Download
Grab it and lets do some test!
Attached Images

Join CDFreaks Distributed Computing Team, have fun while helping to save some lives!

My review PC & Specs & Media
Blu-ray to DVD guide

Forum Rules | Blu-ray UDF Driver
BenQ/Philips FAQ and tools: BQFlasher, MCSE, WOPC Tool, WinDWFlash

LG BE06LU11 Blu-ray | LG GGW-H10N Blu-ray/HD-DVD | LG GBW-H10N Blu-ray | Panasonic SW-5582 Blu-ray
zevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #2
MyCE Member

Re: Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.50 released with CLV/P-CAV scanning speeds for BenQ drives

good find

Only I cannot remember what P-CAV or CLV scanning was good for on our BenQ drives (for that matter I own a DW1620)... I have read it somewhere before, cannot remember where exactly...
I lost the information somewhere inside my head

Can any1 find a link or post or alike to inform me (and prob. others) ???
  • 2048 MB DDR-RAM PC4000 @ 500 MHz FSB 3-3-3-8
  • Sapphire Radeon HD4890 1GB x2 in CF setup
  • 500 GB WD HDD (WD5000AALX 7200 rpm)
  • 2 TB WD HDD (WD2001 FASS 7200 rpm)
  • NEC Optiarc AD-7261S FW 1.03 BitSetting & RPC1
mindwarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #3
MyCE Resident

Re: Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.50 released with CLV/P-CAV scanning speeds for BenQ drives

Really great thanks for info zevia and thanks to erik!
BenQ 1620pro
BenQ 1640, 1650, 1655
LG GSA 4163 B
LiteON 832s
NEC 1300A, 4550A
rapid fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

Thank-You Erik and also Zevia for the info.
YUDEN000 T02 @12x (Sony AccuCORE)
WOPC-on

Last edited by jamescooley1; 22-05-2008 at 22:25.
jamescooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #5
CDFreaks Resident

Hrm... I'm getting scanning speed dips when using 8X P-CAV and 6X CLV scanning strategies. 8X CAV is still fine, though.

Anyone have any idea of what I should try to correct this?
[buck] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #6
CD Freaks Junior Member

Same speed dips for me with 8X P-CAV and 8X CAV.

Previous version was fine. Any ideas???
Attached Images

wmsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #7
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by [buck]
Hrm... I'm getting scanning speed dips when using 8X P-CAV and 6X CLV scanning strategies. 8X CAV is still fine, though.

Anyone have any idea of what I should try to correct this?
I burned this disc at 12X with Yuden000-T02-000@T03 with MCSE SB on OS off WOPC off. I scanned it twice once with 8x scan and once with 8xP-Cav.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment....id=65536&stc=1

http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment....id=65526&stc=1
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmsteele
Same speed dips for me with 8X P-CAV and 8X CAV.

Previous version was fine. Any ideas???
Just for the record with my BenQ 1655 same speed scan dips at 8X P-CAV with me also. I am sure Zevia or Zebadee will fiqure this out, I did not get these speed scan dips with V4.11, only one at 380mbs.

Old 17-03-2006   #9
CD Freaks Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1476
Just for the record with my BenQ 1655 same speed scan dips at 8X P-CAV with me also. I am sure Zevia or Zebadee will fiqure this out, I did not get these speed scan dips with V4.11, only one at 380mbs.
Exactly what I was experiencing... v4.11 perfect (apart from first speed dip)... v4.5 multiple speed dips, with each one the drive sounds as if it totally spins down and spins up again, lengthening the scanning process
wmsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #10
MyCE Resident

am i the only one without pcav clv options on v4.50?
shimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #11
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimman
At first, they didn't show up for me, either. However, when I changed the "read speed" in the options to "current" from "maximum", they appeared.
[buck] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #12
Senior Moderator, Editor and Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimman
Try to do a refresh pressing this button
Attached Images

geno888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #13
New on Forum

I can understand it showing up in p-cav, since if you have tried a 12x scan with your 1655 you will find it dips at this speed, as well as at 16x (all of these share the same initial angular velocity).

The other interesting thing about these dips is the spacing: distance increases between them as you move from 0 to 4.38 gigabytes. That says its not related to the actual reading of data but rather a radial distance (aka there is not a dip every 350 megabytes but rather every x mm from the center).

Anyways, rant off. I gotta try 8x p-cav :P
Crumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #14
MyCE Resident

I had to hit the refresh button to get all speed options to show up.
Qyngali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyngali
I had to hit the refresh button to get all speed options to show up.
Same here Qyngali, but it doesn't help with the speed dips using P-CLV with the BenQ 1655.

Old 17-03-2006   #16
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1476
Same here Qyngali, but it doesn't help with the speed dips using P-CLV with the BenQ 1655.
When the release of B7W9 solved an identical problem
with the 1620, I don't think any of us thought it was
a problem with CD-DVD Speed.
This puts things in a new light.
BenQ DW1640
BenQ DW1620
BenQ DW1650 (Retired)
Chuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #17
New on Forum

here is a bad disc, 6x CAV
Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

Here is the *same* disc, 6x CLV
Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

If you haven't noticed already, there is a great difference in the last 200 megabytes. While I haven't finished the 8x scan yet, I knew this disc was bad when I did the 6x CAV. Or wait, is it bad? Because according to 6x CLV its fine.

I guess the only way to know for sure is do a 1x scan of the last 400 megabytes, I will post one in a few.
Old 17-03-2006   #18
CD Freaks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck44
When the release of B7W9 solved an identical problem
with the 1620, I don't think any of us thought it was
a problem with CD-DVD Speed.
This puts things in a new light.
Hi
This topic has been covered albeit briefly by Erik. It was his contention that the problem was f/w related (there was/is some reason to believe this to be the case). Some drives exhibit this 'flaw' regardless of media. While other show it with - media & not +. Quite often on release of new f/w this aberration disappears.
Old 17-03-2006   #19
CD Freaks Member

Hi
Thought this best in seperate post.
Problems I have with this version. When doing a full benchmark as the program gets to load/eject. Loses info in display window. See here: Write image will no stay ticked in options.
Old 17-03-2006   #20
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpkin
here is a bad disc, 6x CAV
Embedded Images

Here is the *same* disc, 6x CLV
Embedded Images

If you haven't noticed already, there is a great difference in the last 200 megabytes. While I haven't finished the 8x scan yet, I knew this disc was bad when I did the 6x CAV. Or wait, is it bad? Because according to 6x CLV its fine.

I guess the only way to know for sure is do a 1x scan of the last 400 megabytes, I will post one in a few.
Benq drives will occasionally give unusually high error levels in the last few 100MBs of a disc, sometimes it will occur with high jitter levels near the edge but sometimes it can happen even without higher jitter, your disc has fairly high jitter so that could be contributing to it. I've seen it on a couple of discs that would scan with high errors at the edge on my Benq, but it would not show the elevated error levels on a Liteon - and before anyone says it is because I was testing a Liteon-burned disc on a Benq, it was a Benq burn, not Liteon burn. It has not been a very common occurance to have these strange scans (maybe 1 out of 15-20), perhaps CLV scanning will remove some of these 'odd' scans. I have a disc that I'm going to test at CLV to see how the scan turns out.
scoobiedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #21
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobiedoobie
Benq drives will occasionally give unusually high error levels in the last few 100MBs of a disc, sometimes it will occur with high jitter levels near the edge but sometimes not, as is the case in your scan. I've seen it on a couple of discs that would scan with high errors at the edge on my Benq, but it would not show the elevated error levels on a Liteon - and before anyone says it is because I was testing a Liteon-burned disc on a Benq, it was a Benq burn, not Liteon burn. It has not been a very common occurance to have these strange scans (maybe 1 out of 15-20), perhaps CLV scanning will remove some of these 'odd' scans. I have a disc that I'm going to test at CLV to see how the scan turns out.
Thats the thing though, the end of disc error I get is media dependent. I have a whole stack of these (ricoh jprn03), all gave the end of disc spike that brought most scans from 90 to 0 quality.

Heres the real kicker. I scanned 4000-4482 for all modes between 1x and 8x. Only in the CAV modes did I get the error. P-CAV 8x, and all the CLV modes did not show a spike :/

Oh, and posting an 8x CAV pic of this disc finally:
Embedded Images

Old 17-03-2006   #22
MyCE Senior Member

Why is everyone reading at 6x now? I've always had the impression with BenQ's that 8x was the most preferable for it.
BK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #23
Senior Moderator, Editor and Guru

Here I did a test with newest version of cd-dvd speed. There are two scans: @8x and P-CAV 8x.

Sorry, it's in italian language, but I posted link for scans
geno888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006   #24
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpkin
Thats the thing though, the end of disc error I get is media dependent. I have a whole stack of these (ricoh jprn03), all gave the end of disc spike that brought most scans from 90 to 0 quality.
I edited my post while you were posting, it could be the fact that the discs have pretty high jitter that is creating the rise at the edge, Benqs will sometimes be very sensitive to high jitter near the edge, to the point where they will occasionally even report POFs in the hundreds or thousands yet have a perfect or near perfect transfer rate test. It's usually not a common thing that I've seen, but then if all of those discs you are using have high jitter levels, they may all show similarly high error levels at the edge. I rarely see jitter levels that high from my Benq's burns, although the error spike at the edge can occur with 'lower' jitter levels, high jitter is the usual suspect but I've seen the error spike with a couple of discs with good jitter levels.

For me, this doesn't diminish the abilities of Benqs for scanning much, as I don't see this error spike very often and when I do, I treat the error spike with doubt and double check the disc with a Liteon quality scan and/or a transfer rate test.
Old 18-03-2006   #25
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno888
Here I did a test with newest version of cd-dvd speed. There are two scans: @8x and P-CAV 8x.

Sorry, it's in italian language, but I posted link for scans
Thanks geno. And just so no one gets confused when looking at your two scans, they are tests of two different discs.