Old 25-09-2005   #1
CD Freaks Senior Member

How do you burn a DVD ISO with Nero?

1. I can't find this anywhere and feel like such a dork. I tried one and it ended up as a data burn. I'm trying to burn an ISO (in Nero) created by DVD Shrink (trying Nero Recode too). I know I'm missing something simple.

2. Then to figure out how to burn a DL without the layer break trouble. I've tried everything with DVDDecrypter, DVD Shrink, Nero. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. They always skip a bit (sometimes a chapter) at the LB. Ack! Note that they all play fine in my PC's. Just not in my stand-alone's.

I've read that simply doing a read/write in DVDDecrypter will work, but I like to remove the logo's, menus, etc. (don't want to watch, or have to click through them) in Shrink first (so easy). Hasn't worked for me yet. I looked into Pgcedit but yikes! Big learning curve. Besides. It won't work properly with Shrink files.

Any directions (well explained, A-Z) for good DL burning anyone can point me to? Tired of making expensive semi-coasters. I've made hundreds of SL's, but this has me stumped.

Thanks to all the great humanitarians out there.

Last edited by Pinan; 25-09-2005 at 19:40. Reason: Missed words.
Pinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005   #2
Retired Moderator

Re: How do you burn a DVD ISO with Nero?

1. Recorder => Burn Image...
  2. Don't know. I'm not burning expensive DL media so far.
Old 25-09-2005   #3
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinan
1. I can't find this anywhere and feel like such a dork. I tried one and it ended up as a data burn. I'm trying to burn an ISO (in Nero) created by DVD Shrink (trying Nero Recode too). I know I'm missing something simple.

2. Then to figure out how to burn a DL without the layer break trouble. I've tried everything with DVDDecrypter, DVD Shrink, Nero. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. They always skip a bit (sometimes a chapter) at the LB. Ack! Note that they all play fine in my PC's. Just not in my stand-alone's.

I've read that simply doing a read/write in DVDDecrypter will work, but I like to remove the logo's, menus, etc. (don't want to watch, or have to click through them) in Shrink first (so easy). Hasn't worked for me yet. I looked into Pgcedit but yikes! Big learning curve. Besides. It won't work properly with Shrink files.

Any directions (well explained, A-Z) for good DL burning anyone can point me to? Tired of making expensive semi-coasters. I've made hundreds of SL's, but this has me stumped.

Thanks to all the great humanitarians out there.

This has been discussed at www.videohelp.com.
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225001

Benq's 1620,1640,1650,1655
Pioneer 710@111L
Pioneer 1810@112L
Pioneer 115
Liteon LH-18A1P
LG GSA-H62L Sata
LG BD-ROM
Pioneer Sata 212, 215, 216
Samsung S203B Sata
DVD_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005   #4
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrageMester
Recorder => Burn Image...
That's how I did it, and got a data disk instead. Nero kept switching to CD too, instead of DVD (?).

DVD_ADDICT: Thanks for that link. Kinda old, but good info.

Thanks guys.

This forum needs a good thread about DL burning.
Pinan is offline   Reply With Quote