Old 06-10-2006   #1
New on Forum

BENQ DVD DD DW1620 drivers

Sorry all n00b here, I reformat my drive and lost the cd to my DVD burner, now I cant find the drivers. Its a Pacific Digital Mach-16 DVD-+RW/-+R/CDRW Internal IDE. I have tried everything I can think of, it does have the BenQ logo on the faceplate. I sent a Tech e-mail to PD and BenQ but no help. I got some pictures on a dvd I would like to recover if I can. Any info would help. Thx
Canlocu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: BDNP DVD DD DW0620 drivers

What operating system are you running? XP, 2000, etc?
I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.

The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear. - Stephen King, intro to "The Body."
jhtalisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #3
New on Forum

Re: BDNP DVD DD DW0620 drivers

XP pro
Old 06-10-2006   #4
MyCE Senior Member

Re: BENQ DVD DD DW1620 drivers

No drivers are needed to read cds/dvds. Windows XP has drivers for reading built in.
max_clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

You don't need any drivers as they are integrated into XP. But you will need third party software (Nero, etc.) for burning DVD's.
I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.

The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear. - Stephen King, intro to "The Body."
Old 06-10-2006   #6
New on Forum

The thing is it does not show up under My Computer. But is listed under system in the control panel. I unplugged it and rebooted, then turned off and reinstalled it, still no go. I thought maybe drivers. I got nero, but its on cd =p dont help me right now lol. I am at a loss.
Old 06-10-2006   #7
MyCE Resident

Are you sure it's probably configured as master/slave? The connector on the end of the cable is master, with the middle being slave. Make sure the jumper on the back of the drive is set to the corresponding setting as well.

Old 07-10-2006   #8
New on Forum

WOW! Thx some how my jumper fell out. Never had that happen, nor would I think of that. Thx alot jhtailsman! You da Man!