Old 09-11-2012   #1801

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeji View Post
Sorry, I have just seen cvs suggestion which I missed 4 weeks ago.
I suppose it would have worked, except that after my initial post, ala42 PMed me the patched firmware directly, which flashed fine
But may be it is the way he obtained it ?

Hey guys! I also have the BP06LU10 with the old HL03 firmware. I tried using the Flasher myself to extract and create the custom firmware from the HL04 exe updater, but I receive the following error:

I used the following syntax: flasher -r BP06LU10_HL04.exe

Error:
firm_ripexe: Failed to split firmware
cmd_ripexe: Failed firmware ripping process

Is there any way I could get a copy of this flashed firmware from either ala42 or geeji as well? I have searched the internet and can't find it posted anywhere.

Just out of curiosity? How did ala42 create the firmware in the first place? I am just curious as to why I am receiving this error when trying to rip the firmware directly from the exe updater using the flasher. As we all know dumping the firmware directly into MCSE does not work because the boxes are all greyed out.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! I can't believe how many months I have wasted being in the dark about RIPLOCK. I have already ripped a metric ton of blu-rays for XBMC...24TB worth...
falconexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #1802
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconexe View Post
Hey guys! I also have the BP06LU10 with the old HL03 firmware. I tried using the Flasher myself to extract and create the custom firmware from the HL04 exe updater, but I receive the following error:

I used the following syntax: flasher -r BP06LU10_HL04.exe

Error:
firm_ripexe: Failed to split firmware
cmd_ripexe: Failed firmware ripping process
Download the BP06LU10_HL04.exe file again. The one you're using must be corrupted, because flasher is able to rip the HL04 firmware just fine (I just checked).

Unfortunately though, ripping the main firmware from the HL04.exe updater will not be of any use, because MCSE will not be able to patch the extracted firmware either ...
cvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #1803

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvs View Post
Download the BP06LU10_HL04.exe file again. The one you're using must be corrupted, because flasher is able to rip the HL04 firmware just fine (I just checked).

Unfortunately though, ripping the main firmware from the HL04.exe updater will not be of any use, because MCSE will not be able to patch the extracted firmware either ...
Thanks for the heads up. So is there anyone that has a RipBlock patched version of this firmware that they can send me? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-11-2012   #1804

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. So is there anyone that has a RipBlock patched version of this firmware that they can send me? Thanks in advance.
Sorry RipLock...
Old 10-11-2012   #1805

ala42 hooked me up with the firmware for my BP06 and it works great. Thanks again!

However, I am running into some MAJOR issues with another drive.

I just picked up an older BH12LS38 Version 1.0 from Best Buy tonight because my BH10 just crapped out..

I have been trying to patch (MCSE 1.2.0.10) and flash both the .exe firmware, and the main.bin dump. Both error out.

Flashing Error with BH12LS38_L101_speedpatched.exe:
Updating was failed. Please repeat that. (Error data = 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 17 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 )

Flashing Error with BH12_main_firmware_speedpatched.bin (ripped from my drive, but same error with other people's dumps):
Devilsclaw's LG Renesas Drive Utility
cmd_drive: Opening Drive: 1.
cmd_flashfirm: Flashing process started

firm_flasher: Drive should be flashing its light.
firm_flasher: This indicates its flashing its self.
firm_flasher: This can take a while, Please be patiant.
firm_flasher: Failed to write at 0x00000000
firm_flasher: your drive should still be fine.
cmd_flashfirm: Flashing process failed

Am I doing something wrong here? I have even tried patching and flashing from other peoples main.bin dumps. The only thing I have not tried is patching the 1.00 version exe, because I cannot find it anywhere.

Does anyone have this firmware patched that they can send me? Do I have a bad drive or something? I've tried multiple SATA controllers/motherboards too. Something of note is that I can't even update the firmware (1.01) directlry from LG using their unpatched exe. What the crap is that about? I keep getting "Updating was failed. Please repeat that."

One more question. Can someone send me a link on the egg (or FULL model number) for the fastest ripping drive after successful patching? I keep reading that LITEON drives rock.. All I see on the egg are the following:

ihes112-04
IHES312-98
iHES212-08

Any recommendations?

I sincerely appreciate everyone's time and help!
Old 10-11-2012   #1806
MyCE Resident

is there any firmware file available for BH14NS40?
server/media server
Samsung SH-S182M
family system
BenQ DW1620 Pro (soon to be retired)
NEC ND-3550A @ 4551A (LABELFLASH!)
HTPC
Samsung SH-S203B
LG GGC-H20L
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #1807
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
is there any firmware file available for BH14NS40?
Not yet.
Old 10-11-2012   #1808
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:

I have been trying to patch (MCSE 1.2.0.10) and flash both the .exe firmware, and the main.bin dump. Both error out.

Something of note is that I can't even update the firmware (1.01) directlry from LG using their unpatched exe. What the crap is that about? I keep getting "Updating was failed. Please repeat that."
This is not really having anything to do with MCSE given that even the official flasher doesn't work ... you must have some system problem, either hardware or software.

Try a different SATA cable, and if you haven't done it already, connect the drive to the native Intel SATA controller on your board(s). Avoid the RAID controllers or in general the 'non native' ones. Try both AHCI and IDE controller modes if you can.

Do you have any security / applications firewall type of software installed such as KIS or similar, which could block the flasher's proper access's to the drive? Try disabling your security software and have another go at flashing your drive. If you're using Win 7 try running the flasher as administrator via the Run As Administrator command ...

Quote:
One more question. Can someone send me a link on the egg (or FULL model number) for the fastest ripping drive after successful patching? I keep reading that LITEON drives rock.. All I see on the egg are the following:

ihes112-04
IHES312-98
iHES212-08
LiteOn BD drives cannot be patched. The iHBSx12 burners are good rippers out of the box.
Old 10-11-2012   #1809
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Not yet.
that sucks, should have stayed with pioneer, they atleast release firmware updates
server/media server
Samsung SH-S182M
family system
BenQ DW1620 Pro (soon to be retired)
NEC ND-3550A @ 4551A (LABELFLASH!)
HTPC
Samsung SH-S203B
LG GGC-H20L
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #1810

Quote:
This is not really having anything to do with MCSE given that even the official flasher doesn't work ... you must have some system problem, either hardware or software.
Thanks for the reply cvs!

Great News! I have a bad north-bridge on my motherboard. But I fixed the issue by bypassing that set of SATA inputs and using some others on the board. Needless to say, I was able to patch the BH12 and disable riplock.

Results:

31GB blu-ray was ripped in 19 minutes at a peak rippping rate of 32.8M/s @ 7.6X via MakeMKV (outputting to USB 3.0 WD Mybook). This same rip took over 45 minutes with riplock stuck at 2X. So freaken happy!

Stock BH12LS38 1.0 @ 2X Rip --> MCSE 1.2.0.10 --> Patched 1.01 @ 7.6X Rip!!!

Thanks again to ala42 and the community!
Old 09-12-2012   #1811

I have a GGW-H20L
it is not in writing BD-R that I have here
how to use MediaCodeSpeedEdit to add support for this media
I can add the information from the DVD Identifier here?
sorry my english
was written by the translator
manotroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012   #1812
MyCE Rookie

I updated my LG writer to BH14NS48_N1.00-A4 which worked fine. I then used
Devilsclaw's LG Renesas Drive Utility to dump the firmware using the following:

C:\Users\Too-Bad\Desktop\LG>flasher -D
AVAILABLE DRIVES AND IDs:
Drive ID: 1 Name: iHAS524 B
Drive ID: 2 Name: BD-RE BH14NS48
Drive ID: 3 Name: DVD-RW DVR-112L
Drive ID: 4 Name: Virtual Drive
C:\Users\Too-Bad\Desktop\LG>flasher -d 2 -l firmware.bin 2 00000000 00200000
cmd_drive: Opening Drive: 2.
cmd_dumploc: Starting dumping process
cmd_dumploc: Dump process finished
It gave me a 2mb bin file which I can open in MediaCodeSpeedEdit and it gives me many DVD settings only if I have a blank BD-R disk in the drive. If there's no disk in the drive the settings are blank. It doesn't give any BD-R settings. Don't know if this is any help as none of the settings can be changed
Attached Images

Last edited by Cyber7; 26-12-2012 at 00:48. Reason: Add more info
Cyber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012   #1813

can be changed with hex editors
edited to put here so compatible because the media does not write at all
and now it writes the 4x TA very good XD
http://mingersoft.com/blog/2012/05/h...ners-firmware/
Old 26-12-2012   #1814
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by manotroll View Post
can be changed with hex editors
edited to put here so compatible because the media does not write at all
and now it writes the 4x TA very good XD
http://mingersoft.com/blog/2012/05/h...ners-firmware/
You're talking about something else which has nothing to do with Cyber7's drive. Hex editing firmware files directly is very dangerous ... any changes will mess up the firmware's checksum.
Old 26-12-2012   #1815
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber7 View Post
I updated my LG writer to BH14NS48_N1.00-A4 which worked fine. I then used
Devilsclaw's LG Renesas Drive Utility to dump the firmware using the following:
C:\Users\Too-Bad\Desktop\LG>flasher -d 2 -l firmware.bin 2 00000000 00200000
It gave me a 2mb bin file which I can open in MediaCodeSpeedEdit and it gives me many DVD settings only if I have a blank BD-R disk in the drive. If there's no disk in the drive the settings are blank. It doesn't give any BD-R settings. Don't know if this is any help as none of the settings can be changed
First, if you used that command then you know that your drive is not one which uses a Renesas chipset ... as far as I remember, your drive is based on a Mediatek chipset. It is not yet clear if flasher dumps these firmwares correctly/completely in the first place, and even if it does, flashing one of these firmwares back is an entirely different matter and a bit of an unknown at the moment.

Secondly, MCSE does not support this drive.

Finally, what you said about MCSE behaving differently if you have a disc in the drive or not, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. MCSE does not communicate with an optical drive in any way, so it won't know and it won't care if you have a disc in the drive or not...

What exactly do you want to achieve anyway? My advice is to leave your drive alone for the time being until proper support for it is added/confirmed for all the tools involved...
Old 26-12-2012   #1816

flasher --checksum firmware_to_patch.bin

flasher -V firmware.bin
flasher -d -V firmware.bin
Old 26-12-2012   #1817
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by manotroll View Post
flasher --checksum firmware_to_patch.bin

flasher -V firmware.bin
flasher -d -V firmware.bin
Yes, I know, but the procedure outlined in the link you posted had no reference to fixing the checksum before flashing the modified firmware to the drive ... and the above is for Renesas based drives. Bear in mind that there are also Panasonic and Mediatek based LG drives, which should not be messed up with in this way ...
Old 26-12-2012   #1818

then used the tip of that site before I posted
I addition to the hexadecimal
and used the MediaCodeSpeedEdit to see if the value is correct
you choose an example of media in your photo
let's say you want to exchange a 2 princordl if it is dvd-r9
and so search the hex editor's name and follow the example of site
then use MediaCodeSpeedEdit and see if you already changed the id correctly and that the name is not important
if everything is correct and so flasher - checksum firmware_to_patch.bin
and be happy
Old 26-12-2012   #1819
MyCE Rookie

Quote:
First, if you used that command then you know that your drive is not one which uses a Renesas chipset ... as far as I remember, your drive is based on a Mediatek chipset. It is not yet clear if flasher dumps these firmwares correctly/completely in the first place, and even if it does, flashing one of these firmwares back is an entirely different matter and a bit of an unknown at the moment.

Secondly, MCSE does not support this drive.

Finally, what you said about MCSE behaving differently if you have a disc in the drive or not, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. MCSE does not communicate with an optical drive in any way, so it won't know and it won't care if you have a disc in the drive or not...

What exactly do you want to achieve anyway? My advice is to leave your drive alone for the time being until proper support for it is added/confirmed for all the tools involved...
I just wanted to see what I got with flash. And yes it does have a Mediatek chipset. As for why it only gives info if a blank disk in it is beyond me. If I put in a finalized disk, it's the same as no disk. It's got to be flash reading/not reading the drive when it dumps the firmware. I'm hoping that MediaCodeSpeedEdit will ultimately be able to enable bitsetting.

Last edited by Cyber7; 26-12-2012 at 03:57. Reason: add info
Cyber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #1820

As MediaCodeSpeedEdit doesn't support MediaTek chipsets (and probably never will, to me it looks to be abandoned), what other (=comparable) tools/options exist out there?
(I've got a new BH16NS40 model.)

[mod note: likely in reference to this post... http://club.myce.com/f91/lg-bh16ns40...ml#post2676589 -Albert]

Last edited by Albert; 07-02-2013 at 17:27.
ne0fyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013   #1821

danke
thuglife05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013   #1822

Request AutoReset patch for LG BP06LU11 Firmware HK01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ala42 View Post
The BP06 is a BT10, for which I have an RPC2 AutoReset patch.
Dear ala42,

could you please provide an AutoReset patch for the USB-connected LG BP06LU11 with the latest Firmware HK01?

The original firmware has been posted here before and can be downloaded here:

http://www.lg.com/lgecs.downloadFile....zip&TC=DwnCmd

Thank you so much!

alectronic
alectronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013   #1823

thanks for this. i'm hoping to remove the speedlock on my ggw-h20l
uniquenpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013   #1824
MyCE Member

Quote:
Yes, I know, but the procedure outlined in the link you posted had no reference to fixing the checksum before flashing the modified firmware to the drive ... and the above is for Renesas based drives. Bear in mind that there are also Panasonic and Mediatek based LG drives, which should not be messed up with in this way ...
hi

may i know where can i get the flasher.exe?

thanks
mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013   #1825
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantra View Post
hi

may i know where can i get the flasher.exe?

thanks
http://sourceforge.net/projects/flasher/files/