Old 19-01-2011   #1576

Re: MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for LG DVD-Writers

Thanks @VelleX for posting transfer rate graphs! I'm sure that took you a long time. @ala42, When doing similar tests, I got the same results as @VelleX. In VelleX's post, the first and second set of pictures labeled "1. DVD9, CSS Protected Disc" and "2. DVD5, CSS Protected Disc" are DVD Videos.

I can also confirm when running DVDFab to rip Avatar and other similar CSS protected DVD9 Videos, it takes about 50% longer when ripping from the LG compared to my old LiteOn DVD Burner iHAP322, which can read DVD9 discs at 12x.
tony2tyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011   #1577
MyCE Member

Every Disc contained DVD-Video Data.
Test 1-4 were Original DVD-Video Discs, while test 5 was a DVD-Video on a Recordable DVD+R.
Test 6 was Bluray Video Disc.
VelleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011   #1578

@ala42 Have you found anything on removing the riplock from DVD CSS protected content?
tony2tyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011   #1579

Hydrasun - I am using your method which seems to have worked for many, but I am already have problems at the first step. I have a WH10LS30 and I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. Once I try to enter "flasher -d" at the command prompt, flasher.exe stops working and Windows tries to check for errors. In the command prompt, I just get "Opening Drive: <null>."

Do any of you know a way around this problem? Perhaps I can use a different program to flash? I tried the same procedure with the 32 bit flasher and got the same error. Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydrasunGQ View Post
Sure, below are the steps I took to get my drive on the new firmware.

Firmware
http://www.lge.co.kr/upload/SW_PDS/B...-09%5B1%5D.zip

MCSE
http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/MediaCodeSpeedEdit.szip

Flasher
http://sourceforge.net/projects/flas...urrent_stable/

Steps
1) Extract flasher then open a command prompt to the path and run flasher -D to find your drive's device ID.

2) Make a backup of your drive's current firmware by running the commands below (substitute X with your device ID):
flasher -d X -m main_backup.bin
flasher -d X -c core_backup.bin

3) Extract the 1.00-09 firmware to the flasher path then use flasher to extract the firmware files with the command below:
flasher -r BH10LS30_1.00-09.exe

4) Use MCSE and load MAIN_BH10LS30_1.00-09.exe.bin then edit the firmware file to increase speed and then save the new file.

5) go back to your command prompt and use flasher to flash the new file to the drive using the command below (substitute X with your device ID):
flasher -d X -f MAIN_BH10LS30_1.00-09.exe_speedpatched.bin

6) Reboot and you'll be on the new firmware.

Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.
kchao1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011   #1580

Well it seems that I may have bricked my WH10LS30. I followed HydrasunGQ's instructions and managed to the flasher working in safe mode. Everything went along correctly - I backed up the current firmware, I extracted the 1.00-09 firmware, edited it with MCSE, and flashed the edited firmware. Command prompt told me the process had been successfully completed, so I went ahead and rebooted but now my drive doesn't even eject! There seems to be no power going to the drive. I tried reflashing a few times but still getting the same problem. Strangely, Device Manager says the new device is "BH10NS30"...I thought it was supposed to be BH10LS30. Furthermore, in My Computer, the drive shows up as simply CD Drive instead of Blu-ray drive. Is it time to RMA or can you guys save me?
Old 28-01-2011   #1581
cvs
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchao1213 View Post
Hydrasun - I am using your method which seems to have worked for many, but I am already have problems at the first step. I have a WH10LS30 and I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. Once I try to enter "flasher -d" at the command prompt, flasher.exe stops working and Windows tries to check for errors. In the command prompt, I just get "Opening Drive: <null>."

Do any of you know a way around this problem? Perhaps I can use a different program to flash? I tried the same procedure with the 32 bit flasher and got the same error. Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks.
Use

flasher -D

not

flasher -d

The -d command is for dumping, while -D is for displaying the drive ID.

Make sure you use the instructions percisely!

Regarding your second post: let me guess ... your drive's LED is now constantly blinking ... the drive is reported as BH10NS30 and if you look at the drive ID string the BH10NS30 is followed by something like COR4 ... this means that the drive has entered in its 'safe mode' state.

Make sure you power down the computer completely (shut down, not restart, so that the computer will remove all power from your drive) and next time when you start your comp everything should be back to normal. Some computers/mobos do not cut off power to the optical drives when you do a restart, and cutting off the power is essential for a proper flash of these LG drives.
cvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011   #1582

Aww jeez, I can't believe I misread it. You're the man cvs. I'm not usually that much of a n00b, I promise.

Also, you were completely right about my second post. Did a full power down, unplugged the PSU cable, booted back up, and we're good to go now. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-2011   #1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4492011 View Post
FANTASTIC ala42 and mcse. New version just took my WH10LS30 from over a 3 hour rip of a 31 gig bluray down to 27 min FANTASTIC WORK THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!. Also thanks to flasher creator. And special thanks to VelleX.
Wow! super easy to use as well. Just flashed my wh10ls30 and now the 41gb discs that were taking well over 2 hours to rip are now down to 27 MINUTES!
cconklin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #1584
MyCE Rookie

got gh20ls10 drive, jsut bought "memorex RITEK D01 2.4X" media.is there any way to increase the write speed?i can't select
in mcse is gray out.8GB takes about 45min eish that long
xdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #1585
MyCE Rookie

got gh20ls10 drive, jsut bought "memorex RITEK D01 2.4X" media.is there any way to increase the write speed?i can't select
in mcse is gray out.8GB takes about 45min eish that long
xdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #1586
MyCE Resident

I doubt you can get better results after tweaking, this ritek media is LOW grade.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #1587
MediaCodeSpeedEdit Author

I doubt that is a good idea. Anyway, read the usage section in the first post, especially point 5.
Old 15-02-2011   #1588

hello,

I have the lg bh10ls30.
When I down loaded the firmware 1.06 or 1.09 and try that open with MediaCodeSpeedEdit, I always get the message:

"Displaying the media code list is not available yet for this LG firmware.
This is the intended behavoir and nothing to worry about.
Riplock and RPC2 auto reset patches are avaiable by using the check boxes. "

why is that and what can I do to riplock the drive?

best whishes
freiheit
freiheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011   #1589

Start with reading the first post and then read the message you got again and try to understand what "Riplock and RPC2 auto reset patches are available by using the check boxes" could mean.
Old 15-02-2011   #1590

sorry because I don't now what you mean.

I read on the main side of mediacodespeededit that the new version my drive and the firmware supports.
Maybe I understanded something wrong because my English is not so good
Old 15-02-2011   #1591

Read the usage instructions.
Old 15-02-2011   #1592

I'm following the instructions until point 3 gut after the load the firmware i bacame this message

Displaying the media code list is not available yet for this LG firmware.
Riplock and RPC2 auto reset patches are avaiable by using the check boxes..

I can only click ok. After this is the list on the left side empty.
Although I can put a tick on the Read speed increace but nothing happens
Old 15-02-2011   #1593
MyCE Junior Member

How you use Media Code Speed Edit is once you have ticked the box for "Read Speed Increase" and/or "RPC2 Auto-Reset" then click the button in the top right corner named "Save". Then click "Yes", then save the new .exe file, then double click the new speedpatched .exe file to flash your drive.
ilnot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011   #1594

but I can not change the firmware because I have described it, the list is left empty for me after I execute point 3 and the message is
Old 15-02-2011   #1595
MyCE Junior Member

I know the list the is left empty, you do not need anything in the list in order to change the firmware, only the little check box and "Save" button.
ilnot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011   #1596
KTL
MyCE Resident

The message indicates that the current MSCE doesn't recognize the breakdown of what firmwares are in the executable file. However, you can still increase the read speed or autoreset region encoding by checking the appropriate boxes. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you want remove the riplock, check "increase" box and save the file. Run the saved executable and reboot the computer afterwards.
Attached Images

Old 14-05-2011   #1597
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilnot1 View Post
How you use Media Code Speed Edit is once you have ticked the box for "Read Speed Increase" and/or "RPC2 Auto-Reset" then click the button in the top right corner named "Save". Then click "Yes", then save the new .exe file, then double click the new speedpatched .exe file to flash your drive.
Greetings,

I have an LG BH12LS30 drive and have the same problem and message:

Displaying the media code list is not available yet for this LG firmware.
Riplock and RPC2 auto reset patches are avaiable by using the check boxes.

I used flasher to make a dump of the main firmware but I get a main_firmware.bin file afterwards, no .exe file. How do I get/make an .exe file to use to patch my drive and have it riplocked or do I have to use flasher again to apply the modified firmware, created with MCSE after selecting increase and RPC2 Auto Reset?

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

Last edited by jaicigy; 14-05-2011 at 03:19.
jaicigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011   #1598

MCSE can patch the .bin file. Flash the patched file with the flasher.
Old 14-05-2011   #1599
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ala42 View Post
MCSE can patch the .bin file. Flash the patched file with the flasher.
Just like I thought.. thanks

How do I know that the drive is riplocked after flashing with flasher with the modified firmwaret??
jaicigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011   #1600

The original firmware has the riplock, MCSE removes it. Run a cdspeed transfer rate test of a original pressed CSS protected DVD-Video and post the result.