Old 30-06-2006   #1
New on Forum

there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into the drive

I get this same alert after I reboot every time over the last 3 weeks.
I am not wanting to copy anything at the time so why would it ask for a disk to be put into the drive?
I alway need to click on the cancel button 30 or more times before the alert will stop coming back on me desktop.
I have downloaded the latest software up-date for "any DVD" and I still have this problem! Help
big-art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into the drive

@ big-art,

Welcome to the Forum.

With the extremely sparse information you have provided it will be difficult for Forum Members to provide any meaningful assistance.

Suggest reviewing the AnyDVD Forum “Read First” posting titled “New posters with ripping/burning problems” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182650) and provide the information requested in that posting.

Best Regards,
bjkg
bjkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006   #3
MyCE Resident

what program gives you this message?

it certainly doesn't sound like an anydvd message.

can you take a screenshot and post it her ethe next time you receive this message?
reasonsnotrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006   #4
CDFreaks Resident

It sounds like you have a DVD player program or a burning program in your system startup. You might check that.
strachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

Maybe Nero's InCD or Roxio's drag N drop?
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #6
MyCE Resident

@ big-art,

I echo Forum Member Dr. Who above comment concerning possibly some Packet Writing software program running in the background.

The following are examples of packet writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B's Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have ANY Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely removing them from your computer. Packet Writing software programs are very invasive, cause numerous conflict error problems, and do not work correctly.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that all unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the proper operation of AnyDVD that could be causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Best Regards,
bjkg
bjkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #7
MyCE Resident

If none of this works then do a ctl alt del and in the task manager processes click on one of them at a time, right click it and the end process tree which will stop the program. Do this for each one then go back and see if you have the problem. If stopping one is a fix then do a search for that process and see what program it is for and stop it from running at startup. Most programs allow in the options the stopping of the startup of the program when the computer starts. While going down this list you will at some time or another get to one that once you stop it windows will restart if so then you know it is needed for windows so go to the next one on the list. This could take time but should allow you to see if a program is running in the background causing a problem.
samlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #8
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-art View Post

I get this same alert after I reboot every time over the last 3 weeks.
I am not wanting to copy anything at the time so why would it ask for a disk to be put into the drive?
I alway need to click on the cancel button 30 or more times before the alert will stop coming back on me desktop.
I have downloaded the latest software up-date for "any DVD" and I still have this problem! Help
here how i solved mine

-Right click on "My Computer"
-Click on "Manage"
-Click on "Device Manager"
-Click the "+" on the "Disk Drives"
-Count how many "Drives" that your computer are currently using.
-When the Error message pops up then count how many "Drives" its looking for and disable that amount you counted. "Disable the ones that say Generic USB "XX" reader USB device"

i did the same thing and no more error messages.

I counted 4 drives it was searching for, then i disabled all 4 of them and after that it cease to error me again whooot! hope that helps! This is only making the removable drives from active to inactive. so when you plug your removable media in it will activate and deactivate. Vice versa
Master Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #9
MyCE Resident

A good advice to start with is to always check the OP posted date and the last posted response. Your responding to a 2 year old posting that hasn't been responded since 2006. If you have a resolution please make a new posting indicating it so it doesn't continue on a old posting.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote