Old 30-09-2007   #1
New on Forum

New Computer- DVD player does not play my copied Movies

I never had a problem playing movies on my old computer or in my DVD player. However, I have purchased a new computer .. and suddenly, my copied Movies will not play. I get sound but no video. I would appreciate any help you can give me to get these movies to play.

The computer is a Gateway quad-core, 4 gigs RAM, with dual monitors.

Here is the information I have on the DVD player: 16xDbl Layer MultiFrmt DVD Wrtr DVD¦/R¦RW/CD-R/RW (Tungsten)

I have no idea what the brand the DVD player is, and neither does Gateway. They go by "specs" not by brand. This means they use whichever brand they have on hand, with those specs, when they do the build.

Here are some addt'l specs if you need them:

Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Card Xtreme Audio (XF530) Part # 9295
ATI Radeon X1900 CrossFire Ed. 512MB, Dual DVI, VGA Support
ATI Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner with Wireless Remote Control

Oh, and forgot to mention .. I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD to make the copies with (on my old computer).

Thanks for any help.

CometBaby
CometBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: New Computer- DVD player does not play my copied Movies

So is the playback issue on the PC DVD drive or the stand alone player hooked to the T.V.?
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007   #3
New on Forum

The playback problem is with the PC DVD drive. The movies will play on a DVD player in another room, on my old computer and on a friends computer.

I have Media Center on this computer (XP Media Center) and it is hooked up to cable tv. These movies will not play in Media center at all. But I do have a stand alone program (Intervideo WinDVD) that I loaded. On WinDVD, I can get audio .. but no video.

These are good copies .. they seem to play everywhere except on my new computer.

Thanks,
CometBaby
Old 30-09-2007   #4
MyCE Resident

You could try another program, like VLC Media Player or Media Player Classic. It won't hurt to give either one a shot, because they are free.
beef barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometBaby
The playback problem is with the PC DVD drive. The movies will play on a DVD player in another room, on my old computer and on a friends computer.

I have Media Center on this computer (XP Media Center) and it is hooked up to cable tv. These movies will not play in Media center at all. But I do have a stand alone program (Intervideo WinDVD) that I loaded. On WinDVD, I can get audio .. but no video.

These are good copies .. they seem to play everywhere except on my new computer.

Thanks,
CometBaby
Here my suspicion the problem is with XP media center....cause I recently read that HP was getting rid of there media center computer line....that tells me there is a issue that end users aren't being informed about....what version of media center do you have and does it have sp2 on it? If I was you find another working XP pro SP2 computer and use WinDVD on that computer and see if it works better on that setup....Why, cause I have XP pro SP2 and WinDVD 8 Platinum and watched dvd movies and my copied dvd movies without any problem..
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #6
MyCE Rookie

Yes ,same here.......Another thing...Try and download upDates from the DVD player / Burner ....But really I think its the M/Centre,on your XP......All the best anyway mate.
regards RayHenry.
RayHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #7
CD Freaks Senior Member

I am not sure if this will help but you can download and install K-Lite Codec Pack it solves many codec problems.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

Also, if you are connecting two sources on your Video Card (s). Try to change it to only one connection, that is one monitor and one cable. And see if that solves the problem.
fairplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007   #8
New on Forum

Aha! I opened them up in MEdia Player Classic and it played !!! Thanks a bunch!!

I'm smiling a big smile now. hehe :-)