New BluRay Copy Protection "X Protect"

AnyDVD's next challenge?

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=23697
Burner127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: New BluRay Copy Protection "X Protect"

Challenge? Hah!

I was actually waiting for them to add this. I blame SamuriHL for telling people to rip the disc with the protection :P
linx05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #3
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner127 View Post
LOL Now there a April fool joke I can laugh about....rather then doing that how about they make it affordable to the masses???? Going greedy doesn't serve any good purpose to the masses... as noted by linux time isn't one their side...Anydvd will just break it again....just as they did with BD+ saying it couldn't be done....what gives....what kinda thinking are they doing in those back rooms...make it reasonable and people will by it goes by common sense...or they lost it somewhere along the way to the BANK...
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008   #4
New on Forum

1-2 days wait and see.
gexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008   #5
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
... as noted by linux time isn't one their side...
I don't see anything about an OS in my name?
Old 13-07-2008   #6
MyCE Senior Member

<delete>
Old 13-07-2008   #7
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by linx05 View Post
I don't see anything about an OS in my name?
LOL typing to fast ...ops....but goes back to my argument make it reasonable and affordable and stop those protection that prevents enduser watches and they will come out good in the end. But it comes down to greed and greed and we the enduser are made to look criminals....what a joke...

Last edited by coolcolors; 13-07-2008 at 19:26. Reason: revision
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008   #8
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Challenge? Hah!

I was actually waiting for them to add this. I blame SamuriHL for telling people to rip the disc with the protection :P
Sweet! Another thing I get blamed for. Do you honestly think this crap is going to make one bit of difference? It's going to all but kill any chance for a freeware ripper(AACS versions, BD+, now this...too many layers of challenge IMO), but, Slysoft won't have much of a problem with this crap I'm sure. They already deal with it on DVD's. I predict that it may take them a few weeks to deal with the first few titles that contain this crap. It might take them a bit longer depending on how irritating this stuff ends up being, but, I'm sure they'll deal with it just fine. I'm wondering if this means the end of my beloved technique for reading ISOs with protection in tact. We'll see.

-MSI GT70 Dominator running Windows 8.1
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008   #9
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
LOL typing to fast ...ops....but goes back to my argument make it reasonable and affordable and stop those protection that prevents enduser watches and they will come out good in the end. But it comes down to greed and greed and we the enduser are made to look criminals....what a joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Sweet! Another thing I get blamed for. Do you honestly think this crap is going to make one bit of difference? It's going to all but kill any chance for a freeware ripper(AACS versions, BD+, now this...too many layers of challenge IMO), but, Slysoft won't have much of a problem with this crap I'm sure. They already deal with it on DVD's. I predict that it may take them a few weeks to deal with the first few titles that contain this crap. It might take them a bit longer depending on how irritating this stuff ends up being, but, I'm sure they'll deal with it just fine. I'm wondering if this means the end of my beloved technique for reading ISOs with protection in tact. We'll see.
It won't make any difference in the long run. The only reason they keep trying is because 1) there is a business for it, and 2) if they stop we the consumers will win.

And they couldn't have that happening! Hopefully Slysoft will find a way so you can still rip the discs the way you want.
Old 14-07-2008   #10
MyCE Resident

Quote:

It won't make any difference in the long run. The only reason they keep trying is because 1) there is a business for it, and 2) if they stop we the consumers will win.

And they couldn't have that happening! Hopefully Slysoft will find a way so you can still rip the discs the way you want.
I'm not too concerned. I'm sure Slysoft will deal with this issue. Whether I can rip it with protection in tact or not, well, that remains to be seen.

-MSI GT70 Dominator running Windows 8.1
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote