Old 20-08-2006   #1
CD Freaks Rookie

My ANYDVD and CLONEDVD say trial expired, I have reg key.

I don't know why but about an hour and a half ago i used both of these programs to copy a dvd and now I tried to do another one and it says both of my programs trial version has expired.

I purchased registration keys for both programs and both keys are in the same folders of the programs and it doesn't work anymore. I don't understand it but i'm pretty frustrated. Can anybody help me out?
Old 20-08-2006   #2
zaq
MyCE Resident

Re: My ANYDVD and CLONEDVD say trial expired, I have reg key.

wher did you buy the programs from?
Old 20-08-2006   #3
MyCE Resident

Please tel us how and where you bought the keys? What about the official email sent to you? Do you still have it? If not you may need to send the keys to slysoft support and have them look at them to insure they're legit keys still.
Old 20-08-2006   #4
CD Freaks Rookie

The keys actually were given to me by a friend who doesn't use them anymore. His computer is no good. So maybe i should send them to slysoft support and see what happens.
Old 20-08-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

All in all this is your best bet due to how you got them.
Old 20-08-2006   #6
zaq
MyCE Resident

Unfortunately I doubt that SS will help you
because not only did your friend share the keys with you, he shared them with the whole wide web and SS got a copy of them and have been permanently blacklisted.

or your friend may have purchased them from ebay = same diff
Old 21-08-2006   #7
CD Freaks Rookie

he said he just had an extra copy and i have been using it for at least 2 months now.
Old 21-08-2006   #8
MyCE Resident

If he's useing it and your trying to that would be against the terms and agreement.
Old 21-08-2006   #9
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

What you are trying to do is against the EULA of Slysoft. I suggest you contact them at their support site. This thread is not helping anyone. If you are to use the software you will have buy a liscense.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
Old 21-08-2006   #10
Tru
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejordan17
he said he just had an extra copy and i have been using it for at least 2 months now.
Probably you should now start paying for it.
Old 21-08-2006   #11
zaq
MyCE Resident

xtracopy?????
Old 21-08-2006   #12
MyCE Resident

Alan1476 and Tru has spoken. The end
Old 21-08-2006   #13
MadRipper

An extra copy is not as ridiculous as it sounds, I have extra registered copies of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD licensed legitimately from SlySoft to me.

All you need to do is email SlySoft and get them to check if the Keys are real. I am not sure however if purchased keys are transferable (James?) if they are you could get them registered in your name, if not then buy new ones.

CloneDVD / AnyDVD Guide 500,000+ views and rising ... YEAHAH!
Old 21-08-2006   #14
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBob
I have extra registered copies of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD licensed legitimately from SlySoft to me.
can i ask why you need more than one copy?, or do you use them at the same time and need the different keys to keep it legal

Bj

click HERE to join cdfreaks
Old 22-08-2006   #15
zaq
MyCE Resident

If the keys no longer work
they have obviously been multi-shared
and thus blacklisted

If someone were to share with a friend or relative or 2 tho not kosher
the keys would not get blacklisted
The end
Old 22-08-2006   #16
MyCE Resident

Is there any instruction to warn the users that AnyDVD is only valid for single use? or we all try to protect Slysoft and act as safeguard of SS. Even with Microsoft products (Windows, Office) mullet user as long as in the same household is not being enforced. When User pay $40 for 1MB of program and having two computer to use it would be outrageous to say no no you can't do that.
Old 22-08-2006   #17
zaq
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS
Is there any instruction to warn the users that AnyDVD is only valid for single use? or we all try to protect Slysoft and act as safeguard of SS. Even with Microsoft products (Windows, Office) mullet user as long as in the same household is not being enforced. When User pay $40 for 1MB of program and having two computer to use it would be outrageous to say no no you can't do that.
yes to your question.
if you search on a recent post by reasonnotrules she has posted the complete details.
I agree that if someonepays for a licence, then thet should be permitted to use it, in their household without limit, but then the developer is also concerned with movement out of the household.

I dont think we protect SS, people post obvious use of illegal hacks intentionally or not and they get answers to their questions.
I dont see any post initiated to """protect SS"""

If the forum changed its rules and said all hacks/cracks etc were welcomed and encouraged, then that would be another ballgame.

re MS software : not entirely correct eg latest windows ie XP it requires acrivation and then validation which keeps legal install within the licence limit
only software having activation can the limit be enforced
I for one would not mind SS developing an activation protocol and allowing 3-4 household limits

The problem here with OP is multi-sharing to the extent of posting the regkey at warez sites
this eventually gets the keys blacklisted with the the next update, and then you see frantic posts such as the OP's when the update does come out.
Otherwise how would the key get blacklisted??
Old 22-08-2006   #18
CDFreaks Resident

TCAS -

It might be helpful to review the “SlySoft Terms & Conditions” usually referred to as the “EULA”. The below Web Link to the “SlySoft Terms & Conditions” clearly states that SlySoft Software Products are only valid for single use.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/terms.html

It appears that if a SlySoft Customer that is aware of the SlySoft “EULA” provisions and makes other Forum Members aware of the SlySoft “EULA” provisions you somehow equate that to “protect Slysoft and act as safeguard of SS”. Many SlySoft Customers who happen to be CD Freaks Forum Members think otherwise and disagree with your equation.

BeLooken
Old 22-08-2006   #19
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Again, this thread is all speculation, if anyone wants to do something like this they need to get the authorization from the publisher, in this case it woud be Slysoft. The EULA is easy to understand but only the companys have the right to change it. Anything said here by people that are not Slysoft representatives are not be taken seriously.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
Old 23-08-2006   #20
MyCE Resident

Please All do not forget this forum and this site is Slysoft owned property and do not try to turn it into Slysoft forum.

Zaq: says"
If the forum changed its rules and said all hacks/cracks etc were welcomed and encouraged, then that would be another ballgame"

Please realize the use of AnyDVD by itself is Hack/crack by illegally removing Movie industry protection that why they had the court order to close DVDXcopy. So please do not try to use this type trick to scare people. If action and product of Slysoft was legal then we could go buy Any DVD from any local retail store.
Old 23-08-2006   #21
zaq
MyCE Resident

@TCAS
must be that time of month for you
as indicated by your rambling incoherent post
Take 2 aspirins and call doc in the morning
Old 23-08-2006   #22
MyCE Resident

I'm here now. LOL

@TCAS very good post to as we need to be careful of what's actually said.
Old 23-08-2006   #23
zaq
MyCE Resident

Doc
do the needy
Ciao
Old 23-08-2006   #24
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq
Doc
do the needy
Ciao
You better take cold drink of warter too please to cool off.
Old 23-08-2006   #25
CD Freaks Member

TCAS does make a relevant point. Any software which aids in the circumvention of a copy protection scheme violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and is thus in violation of U.S. Law.

321 Studios, makers of DVDXCopy, a software program which circumvented CSS Encryption to allow users to backup their DVDs, already argued and lost in US Federal Court. They asserted that as their software was targeted at individuals who legally purchased DVDs and thus had a fair use right to make a personal backup copy, it was only logical that a software company could create software to provide these consumers with the means to make such a backup copy. The court found that while consumers do in fact have a right to make a backup copy of their legally purchased movies, any software that circumvents a copy protection scheme is in violation of the DMCA and is illegal. The Judge stated that fair use did not guarantee consumers the right to a pristine digital copy but rather only guarantted the ability to make some copy- which he stated was still possible through non0digital means. (This argument is also suspect considering that the Macrovision protection on DVDs makes it difficult to make a decent copy using non-professional recording equipment). 321 Studios went out of business after they lost their case.

Anyways, the state of U.S. Copyright law clearly establishes that any software program that circumvents a copy protection scheme is illegal. Slysoft is effectively immune from U.S. law because they are based in Antigua. However, a U.S. resident that purchases and uses AnyDVD is violating U.S. Copyright Law.

So, it is somewhat hypocritical to on the one hand preach a reverence for the sanctity of a corporation (Slysoft's) intellectual property while on the other to provide support for a program that blatantly violates U.S. Law. There are many reasons to believe that the DMCA is unjust and a violation of fair use, but nonetheless, it is the law in the US. I do not condone the theft of intellectual property, but I do believe that it is hypocritical to condemn anyone who discusses hacks/cracks on the grounds that this is illegal, when the very program you are using, and helping others to use, is also illegal.

Now, If you believe it's wrong to use cracks because those who do so are denying compensation to the skilled and hard-working engineers who have created AnyDVD, that's another story. I just think it's important to think about where one is coming from, when one makes the claim that X is wrong because X is illegal, when Y is also illegal, but is defended despite this fact. In that situation, the illegality of the conduct is not the basis for the condemnation, but rather other, more important considerations are raised but not made explicit.
Closed Thread