Old 06-12-2006   #1
New on Forum

MDS? was making ISO file... how did I get this?

Backing up Pirates of the Caribbean 2 before the kids do their usual routine of scratching and dropping it.

anyway, I used ANyDVD 6090 and DVD shrink ... I saved as an ISO file, but when it was complete it ended up becoming an MDS file?

Never had this happen before, CloneDVD doesnt recognize it.

this happen for anyone else?
CFSROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #2
New on Forum

Re: MDS? was making ISO file... how did I get this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFSROB
Backing up Pirates of the Caribbean 2 before the kids do their usual routine of scratching and dropping it.

anyway, I used ANyDVD 6090 and DVD shrink ... I saved as an ISO file, but when it was complete it ended up becoming an MDS file?

Never had this happen before, CloneDVD doesnt recognize it.

this happen for anyone else?
CFSROB,

I didn't experience this problem but I'm not using a FAT32 filesystem which is likely your problem. Here is a snip from the DVDShrink 3.2 release notes. Did you try to reauthor the video to reduce the size further than the default compression? If not, I would give that a try. FAT32 won't allow you to create and save a file larger than 4 GB. Perhaps you have a second Hard Drive on your PC that is NTFS? The release notes below give you a couple other suggestions as well.

regards,
John

---Shrink 3.2.x NOTES
Added automatic support for splitting ISO files if they are saved to a FAT32 partition. In this case a .MDS file is also output which can be burned with DVD Decrypter and mounted by Daemon Tools. MDS files can additionally be opened with DVD Shrink from the "Open Disc Image..." menu.
Johnny103 is offline   Reply With Quote