Old 20-05-2006   #1
New on Forum
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6
Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

IF i have a device that allows me to hook a vcr up to my computer can any dvd break the protection on the VHS tape to make it copyable to a dvd?

IF not anyone know of any programs that can?

thanks
ImpactPlayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #2
CD Freaks Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 117
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

I don't think AnyDVD can do this.

The only thing I can think of to bypass Macrovision (albeit very expensive) is to run the VHS signal through a TBC (Time Base Corrector). I think some of these will remove the Macrovision protection.

If there's an easier way I'd be interested to know myself.
wraithdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #3
zaq
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: a nice place
Posts: 1,628
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

have you tried AnyVHS?
zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #4
CD Freaks Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 48
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

I have a set of 'smart leads' which remove Macrovision and allow backups to be made as normal, they cost more than a normal set of leads but if you Google there are sites that show you how to make your own or how add a couple of resistors inside your vcr to get around it. Cheaper still is if you can get hold of an old vcr as they don't recognise Macrovision.
Kwakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #5
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,877
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPlayr
IF i have a device that allows me to hook a vcr up to my computer can any dvd break the protection on the VHS tape to make it copyable to a dvd?

IF not anyone know of any programs that can?

thanks
If you have a capture card in your computer some capture cards have hardware protection remover build in to them try to look in to good capture card. I am using DVR stand alone DVD recorder/VHS combo, few months ago I came across a VHS Video that I could not copy to DVD I had to buy a hardware device called "Video Enhancer" Sima-1 connected between the output of VHS and the Input of DVR that did and now I have no problem copying any VHS to DVD.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #6
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Here now somewhere else later.
Posts: 1,595
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS
If you have a capture card in your computer some capture cards have hardware protection remover build in to them try to look in to good capture card. I am using DVR stand alone DVD recorder/VHS combo, few months ago I came across a VHS Video that I could not copy to DVD I had to buy a hardware device called "Video Enhancer" Sima-1 connected between the output of VHS and the Input of DVR that did and now I have no problem copying any VHS to DVD.
Yes I have a "video" enhancer bought for about £10 which removes the second false sync pulse which causes problems not only in copying but also playback on certain systems.
There is a version built into connection leads but have not seen it myself so cannot tell you how good they are.
Remember to get a good recording you will need a good/new VHS player/recorder as crap in ~ crap recording.
__________________
People will often expend more time and energy avoiding work or the task before them than it would actually take to do it.
weedougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #7
zaq
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: a nice place
Posts: 1,628
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Sima-1 + a dvd recording deck is the best for simple use and easily available
you could get Sima-1 and dvd recorder deck at bestbuy and give it a 30 day trial
if it doesn't work for you, you could return it
zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #8
CDFreaks Resident
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fly Over Country
Posts: 566
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPlayr
IF i have a device that allows me to hook a vcr up to my computer can any dvd break the protection on the VHS tape to make it copyable to a dvd?
If you look at the name of the program and the History logs, I don't think you will see "VHS" mentioned anywhere...

Suggest you search for a more appropriate forum for help....
bilbo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #9
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,877
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo65
If you look at the name of the program and the History logs, I don't think you will see "VHS" mentioned anywhere...

Suggest you search for a more appropriate forum for help....

He doesn’t have to mention "VHS", every one knows that VCR only use VHS tape not DVD therefore these discussion are appropriate. Plus read the title of his thread he is asking for VHS protection remover.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #10
zaq
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: a nice place
Posts: 1,628
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

This is probably the wrong forum
but we are all bored and we have so much love ummm errr knowledge bursting to be shared
zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006   #11
MBK
MyCE Resident
 
MBK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,098
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Hey ImpactPlayr,
Straight from Slysoft>

Features
Works automatically in the background
Removes encryption (CSS) and region code (RPC) from DVDs
Removes analogue copy protection (Macrovision)
Removes features such as forced subtitles and warnings
Decrypts without the need to save the data onto your hard-disk
Decrypts 'on the fly'
Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
Allows speed control of your DVD drives
Compatible with all DVD media
Works with all DVD-drives, regardless of region code
Works with all DVD copying, such as CloneDVD, and all DVD player software
Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc.
Proven to be stable and fast and does not require an ASPI driver
Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs


Cheers
__________________
MBK
Antec 1200 ATX Mid Tower
Antec True Power TP-650 650W PSU
MSI P45 Platinum (Beta BIOS v1.7b9) LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
Intel Core2Quad Q9550 2.83GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 3.6 GHz)
EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB GDDR2 Video Card
G.SKILL 4GB DDR2-1066 SDRAM
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB - SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG SH-S183L 18X SATA DVD±R
*SAMSUNG SH-S203B 20X SATA DVD±R
*SAMSUNG SH-S203N 20X SATA DVD±R
*LG UH08LS10K 8x SATA Bluray±R
*LG GH22NP 22X IDE DVD±R
MBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006   #12
CD Freaks Member
 
cwrightthruya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: US
Posts: 111
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Nice catch MBK. Good thing to know for myself.
cwrightthruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006   #13
CDFreaks Resident
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,027
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq
have you tried AnyVHS?
LOL !!!!


Actually AnyDVD is a piece of software on your PC that works directly on the digital data. It actually does not CRACK or modify anything on the mpeg stream, it simply removes the macrovision FLAG burned on the DVD whereas on a VHS macrovision is embedded throughout the signal on the tape.
greg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006   #14
CDFreaks Resident
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fly Over Country
Posts: 566
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Besides, it's hard to get the VHS tape into that small DVD tray.......:-)
bilbo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006   #15
MyCE Resident
 
bjkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,547
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

@ ImpactPlayr,

It appears that you are unaware that you have to have a DVD Authoring software program to convert your VHS VCR tapes to the MPGE2-DVD (.BUP/.IFO/.VOB) format. The AnyDVD software program is not the software program that does that task.

Strongly suggest conducting CD Freaks Forum Search and/or Google Search (http://www.google.com) on the “VHS To DVD” topic. The below is an example of a “VHS To DVD” Google Search on the topic.

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,97624,00.asp

Best Regards,
bjkg
bjkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006   #16
New on Forum
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

thanks everyone...They actually sell the sima 1 at best buy?I can't seem to find it on BestBuy.com...any one know of any web sites I can get it at. Sicne useing the stand alond dvd recorder and a vrd sounds easier to do then converting files ont eh computer. I have a stand alone already and a vcr so it would be a small cost for this piece.

Also may I have a problem getting this converter here in the states?

thanks again....
and good to know that any dvd will get by macrovision.
ImpactPlayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006   #17
zaq
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: a nice place
Posts: 1,628
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Here is the web store link HERE

take it for a 30 day spin
Let us know how it works
A friend backed up narnia with it doing dvd to dvd
so vhs to dvd should be POC
zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006   #18
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,877
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPlayr
thanks everyone...They actually sell the sima 1 at best buy?I can't seem to find it on BestBuy.com...any one know of any web sites I can get it at. Sicne useing the stand alond dvd recorder and a vrd sounds easier to do then converting files ont eh computer. I have a stand alone already and a vcr so it would be a small cost for this piece.

Also may I have a problem getting this converter here in the states?

thanks again....
and good to know that any dvd will get by macrovision.

Here is the link:http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...=Sima+Products


Note: The Sima C-2 is more sofisticated one you can buy Sima C-1 for $50 or much less if you find a sale one.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006   #19
CDFreaks Resident
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,027
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Don't waste your time with the Sima - It degrades the signal a lot, you will notice a blurrier image - There is another product I forget the name that better preserves the signal. SIMA IMO is junk
greg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006   #20
MyCE Resident Old Fart
 
bigmike7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Diehard Old CDFreak Lurking In The Back Of Your Mind
Posts: 10,094
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42
Don't waste your time with the Sima - It degrades the signal a lot, you will notice a blurrier image - There is another product I forget the name that better preserves the signal. SIMA IMO is junk
Yo greg42-

The one you probably are talking about is the 'Dimax Red DVD Pro' - and can be found here:

http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html

Happy Burnin'

Mike
__________________
Mike

(Y) <- - - (a tribute to *someone*)

Brayden & Lil Burnits Proud Cyber Grampie - 'CERCA, TROVA' - 'NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM'

Work Computer = ZT Systems i7-2600 CPU w/32GB DDR3-1333 G. Skill Ripjaws X RAM/ Win7 Pro-sp1 /Crucial M500 480GB SSD @ SATA3 /Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB Workstation HDD @ SATA3 /Corsair 650 watt PSU /Pioneer BDR-2207 as BD burner /Lite-On iHBS-112-04 as Reader/Ripper and BD Disc Quality Tester /Dell 27 inch S-IPS monitor w/LED backlight /XFX Radeon HD6870 w/2GB GDDR5RAM /Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012 /DVDFab 9

Burning Computer = HP xw8400 workstation w/ Two Xeon 5160, dual core, 3.0 mhz CPU's w/ 16gb PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM /Win7 Pro-sp1 /Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD /Western Digital Caviar Black 640gb w/64mb cache HDD /Corsair 850 watt psu / Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Burner and Disc Quality Tester /Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Reader/Ripper /ATi Radeon HD 5770 w/1gb GDDR5 Ram Videocard /HP 24" LCD /Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 /DVDFab 9

On The Shelf: (1) Benq 1640, (1)BenQ 1640 @EW168, Pioneer (2) 115D, (3) Optiarc 7200A, Optiarc 7260A, Asus DRW-24b1ST
bigmike7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006   #21
CDFreaks Resident
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,027
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike7
Yo greg42-

The one you probably are talking about is the 'Dimax Red DVD Pro' - and can be found here:

http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html

Happy Burnin'

Mike
That's right ! I knew it was RED something, thanks a lot for refreshing my memory. Oh and do yourselves a favour and avoid Sima like you would avoid RITEK G05's
greg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006   #22
zaq
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: a nice place
Posts: 1,628
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Thats why it would not hurt to try Sima from BB as it can easily be returned if not to one's liking in 30 days
zaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006   #23
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

I have a similar problem:

I burn from a VCR directly to a stand-alone DVD recorder and I'm running into copy control signal (Copy-Free, Copy Once, Copy Never -- according to the manual). When the Copy Never signal is encountered, my machine records a gray screen. Is there anything that I can connect between my VCR and DVD recorder to defeat this functionality?
briandill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006   #24
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,877
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

You question is not that clear for people to answer ( may be atleast for me) could you explain little more what is the problem exactly and what are you trying to do.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006   #25
MyCE Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 242
Re: Can anyDVD crack VHS protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBK
Hey ImpactPlayr,
Straight from Slysoft>

Features
Works automatically in the background
Removes encryption (CSS) and region code (RPC) from DVDs
Removes analogue copy protection (Macrovision)
Removes features such as forced subtitles and warnings
Decrypts without the need to save the data onto your hard-disk
Decrypts 'on the fly'
Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
Allows speed control of your DVD drives
Compatible with all DVD media
Works with all DVD-drives, regardless of region code
Works with all DVD copying, such as CloneDVD, and all DVD player software
Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc.
Proven to be stable and fast and does not require an ASPI driver
Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs


Cheers
ANYDVD removes the Macrovision protection from the DVDs not from VHS
calcu007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AnyDVD Unable to Crack all CSS keys! anabolism AnyDVD 4 14-07-2006 16:22
AnyDVD 3.9.2.1, AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS keys on this disk H3rB3i AnyDVD 6 16-06-2005 23:27
AnyDVD & DVD Decryptor conflicts with new protections ronxp2000 AnyDVD 22 20-01-2005 04:47
AnyDVD 1.5.4.3 crack needed slayer666 AnyDVD 1 26-08-2003 04:05
Dove trovare adattatori VHS-C -> VHS? |Morpheus| Italian: Chat 2 28-03-2002 10:19


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:55.
Top