Old 11-04-2006   #1
MyCE Resident

Anydvd problem backup of fun with dick and jane

Message from any dvd "unexpected error" unable to read. This is the first time anydvd has had a problem reading any dvd! Anyone else having this problem??
scotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Anydvd problem backup of fun with dick and jane

just some further info. I am using the latest anydvd 5953. I could have a bad disk!! The disk is from Sony. New protection??
Old 11-04-2006   #3
MyCE Senior Member

Nope, mine is doing the same thing with the newest version. Tried on another disk and the same thing. Looks like a further update is required.
BK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #4
MyCE Senior Member

OK, using AD and Decryptor, it has made it past the failure point from earlier so I should retract my previous statement. Guess ole long in the tooth Shrink just aint what it use to be.
Old 11-04-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

CloneDVD 2.8.9.2 and AnyDVD 5.9.5.3 ripped through this like a knife through warm butter. No problems at all.
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #6
MyCE Resident

Hello Folks,

If you believe that your copy of the Commercial DVD Movie Title “Dick And Jane” has some new variant of a copy protection scheme suggest sending the necessary .IFO files to SlySoft and Elaborate Bites for analysts.

Below is a Forum Link that provides detailed information on how to send the necessary .IFO files to SlySoft and Elaborate Bites.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=29

Best Regards,
bjkg
bjkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #7
MyCE Senior Member

Decryptor worked fine but with shrink it fails right off the bat stating it cannot decrypt VOBS.
Old 11-04-2006   #8
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK24
Decryptor worked fine but with shrink it fails right off the bat stating it cannot decrypt VOBS.
That's why I'm an advocate of Shrink users using the AnyDVD Rip VIDEO-DVD to harddisk feature. That should prevent these kinds of issues...yes, it takes more time, but, I believe it's the best option for Shrink users.
Old 11-04-2006   #9
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkg
Hello Folks,

If you believe that your copy of the Commercial DVD Movie Title “Dick And Jane” has some new variant of a copy protection scheme suggest sending the necessary .IFO files to SlySoft and Elaborate Bites for analysts.

Below is a Forum Link that provides detailed information on how to send the necessary .IFO files to SlySoft and Elaborate Bites.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=29

Best Regards,
bjkg
I'm guessing no on that. It seems like a pretty standard, straightforward ArCCOS movie to me. Besides that, as long as you choose either the Full Screen OR Widescreen titleset(not both) then there's no compression needed to back this title up. Once again CloneDVD comes through for us. Big surprise there, I know.
Old 11-04-2006   #10
MyCE Senior Member

I don't mind the time involved. Once it failed with that I went to the next option, ripping with Anydvd. It fails then I will go from there. Wonder if this is another madagascer with different versions on the market? I get 2 different failure messages from these, one being purchased from Wal-Mart and the other rented.
Old 11-04-2006   #11
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL
I'm guessing no on that. It seems like a pretty standard, straightforward ArCCOS movie to me. Besides that, as long as you choose either the Full Screen OR Widescreen titleset(not both) then there's no compression needed to back this title up. Once again CloneDVD comes through for us. Big surprise there, I know.
I reauthored, chose full screen and added the cut scenes. Analyzed fine but fails at 49% in the encoding process.
Old 11-04-2006   #12
MyCE Resident

I don't know. The version I have is easily beaten with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Total time to back it up...10 minutes. I probably won't get to watch it til this weekend though.
Old 11-04-2006   #13
MyCE Resident

Quote:
I reauthored, chose full screen and added the cut scenes. Analyzed fine but fails at 49% in the encoding process.
Well, I know 5.9.5.3 added a bunch of code for Shrink users so they could theoretically backup their movies directly, but, I think the only fool proof way of doing it with Shrink is to rip it first and then let Shrink play. The code in AnyDVD is a workaround at best to try to fix compatibility problems between the ArCCOS and RipGuard screwed up DVD structures and DVD Shrink's inability to handle them. The Rip to harddrive feature runs a process that should fix the DVD structure to allow Shrink to handle it easier and I consider that to be the safest method to use for Shrink users.
Old 11-04-2006   #14
MyCE Senior Member

Ripped with Anydvd then used Shrink to do it's job. Worked fine on both disc's. Only took 14 minutes to rip the whole disc.
Old 11-04-2006   #15
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Ripped with Anydvd then used Shrink to do it's job. Worked fine on both disc's. Only took 14 minutes to rip the whole disc.
AnyDVD for the win!
Old 12-04-2006   #16
MyCE Senior Member

Dont get me wrong, I love AD. Just never had used it much for ripping.
Til now.
Old 12-04-2006   #17
MyCE Resident

It does its job very well. The guys and gals at Slysoft do an incredible job keeping on top of things....(Right, Reasons? ) You'll find the ripping process to work very well. I know some of the people on the forum use AnyDVD with Shrink with no problems, and they always recommend to rip with AnyDVD to the hard drive FIRST, then try to Shrink the output from that. And 99% of the time it simply works for them. Gotta love that.
Old 12-04-2006   #18
MyCE Resident

Just picked up a different dvd. Started to backup but a little slow for the first part am backing up most of the disk. The other disk I had would not let me back this up at all. I am using clonedvd2-2892 and anydvd -5953. Seems to be running okay. If I have a problem I will rip with anydvd. Thanks for all the help-will post when finished.

Last edited by scotton; 12-04-2006 at 04:57. Reason: typo
Old 12-04-2006   #19
MyCE Resident

SUCCESS back up with clonddvd2 and anydvd whole disk with wide and full screen without any problems. the other disk must have had mastering error or ???. Quality looks good to me. Thanks for all the posting on this. Anydvd and clonedvd still are the best and easiest programs to use.
Old 12-04-2006   #20
MyCE Senior Member

I backed up this movie at work where I don't have AnyDVD installed. Used DVDFab and DVD Shrink and all went fine.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (e-sata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #21
CD Freaks Member

I'm trying to use DVD Decryper + AnyDVD 5.9.5.3 to rip in ISO Read. I want to do a 1:1, so I cant use other software like DVD Shrink or DVDFab Decryper. I get this error:

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

Drive #1 Information: Sony DRU-700A
Firmware Version: VY08

Drive #2 Information: HP DVD640i (with Lightscribe support)
Firmware Version: ES04
Xecuter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #22
MyCE Resident

Turn off AnyDVD's safe mode...
Old 13-04-2006   #23
CD Freaks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL
Turn off AnyDVD's safe mode...
The box is already unchecked.

If I use DVDD in file mode, everything works fine. DVDD only hangs and gives me that error message when in ISO Read mode. Any other ideas?
Drive #1 Information: Sony DRU-700A
Firmware Version: VY08

Drive #2 Information: HP DVD640i (with Lightscribe support)
Firmware Version: ES04
Xecuter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006   #24
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xecuter2
The box is already unchecked.

If I use DVDD in file mode, everything works fine. DVDD only hangs and gives me that error message when in ISO Read mode. Any other ideas?
Weird. I don't have a lot of experience with DVDD, but, I'd check your settings making sure to use the Elby CDIO layer(spti should work but since you're having issues it wouldn't hurt to try changing it). Um, other than that, I really don't know. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Old 13-04-2006   #25
MyCE Resident

I started this thread and had either a bad dvd ,mastering errors or new copy protection. The second dvd I picked up was backed up with no problems Anydvd recognized it right away. I think it must have had mastering errors. Something happened during the manufacturing process. So the best thing for you to do is try a different dvd . It worked for me using clonedvd2 and anydvd. Good luck.