Old 17-06-2011   #1
MyCE Member

ANYDVD HD BLU RAY TRIAL VERSION-TRANSFORMERS

I've decided to try ANYDVD HD BLU RAY for my back up of my TRANSFORMERS Blu Ray as I'v had no success with the propere Audio with DVDFab Blu Ray copy.

I'm certainly not impressed with how to run the program. Is there a Guide available for someone who had never used the program? I am trying 6.8.0.0 and it has scanned Transformers and it says in the Status Window that it has removed the AACS Copy Protection.

I assume this means it has decrypted Transformers. Where then are the BDMV and Certificate folders? I can't find any Temp. files anywhere? Once I have these folders I can run it through BD Rebulder & compress it to a 25GB BD-R recordable for my Back-Up use. I also would run it by my Nero Multimedia 10 Platinum HD Blu Ray program to make sure it had the proper Audio before I waste a disc burning it with IMGBURN.
PWANJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011   #2
Administrator

Re: ANYDVD HD BLU RAY TRIAL VERSION-TRANSFORMERS

To use AnyDVD HD, start the program and look for the fox icon at the bottom right of your screen. Then right click on that fox icon. You will get a pop up window that has several options.

If you want to put the files on the hard drive (recommended), you can click on Rip Video DVD to Hardisk. You will then get a window that allows you to select where on the hard drive you want the movie. This process works for both dvds and blu ray.

It is possible to run AnyDVD in the background and work straight from the disk. It decrypts on the fly. But this is NOT recommended when working with blu ray.

I'm moving this thread to the AnyDVD forum, but will leave a redirect in the Newbies for a week.
Kerry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011   #3
MyCE Member

Thanks, Kerry . When it was done & I previewed it, guess what, FRENCH AUDIO. I strhere any way of setting the Audio in this program for TRUE HD/5.1.
Old 17-06-2011   #4
Administrator

AnyDVD HD rips the entire movie. That is its only capability with blu ray, other than ripping the entire thing as an ISO.

It is not the fault of AnyDVD if you are getting French audio in your preview within BD Rebuilder. You need to recheck your settings in BD Rebuilder Setup to exclude French audio, or look in the main window of BD Rebuilder when you import the movie and see the audio streams that are available.

If BD Rebuilder cannot find the correct audio stream (which has never happened to me), you can examine the ripped movie with ClownBD, and see if you can extract the main movie with the correct audio stream.
Old 17-06-2011   #5
MyCE Senior Member

Hello PWANJO,
It still sounds like you are having a lot of problems Backing up Blu-rays, I would suggest practicing with DVD's first. I think you have to understand what you are trying to do with Back up Movies. With DVD's and Blu-rays you are Burning Folders with the Video Files. The Sound setting are part of those Files and picked at Set up before copying over to your HDD. For DVD's the Files are VOB in the Video Folder, and for Blu-ray it's M2TS in the Sub-Folder Stream under Folder BD. Once you Burn some successful DVD's then you can tackle Blu-rays.
alchav21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011   #6
MyCE Member

I have a large DVD collection and have probably burned more than 100 Back ups so I can preserve the Originals for my collection.
I would be interested in knowing if anyone has successfully backed up their Transformers Movie in English.

I had no problems with Transformers 2 but have tried all suggestions & get everything from NO AUDIO, following one suggestion to FRENCH AUDIO and then the DIRECTOR 's COMMENTS about the movie as the 3rd result.

Granted, I've only examined the 3 results with Media Player Classic & Nero Multimedia 10 Platinum HD PRIOR to using BD REBUILDER . I assumed that if Audio other than True HD /5.1 , for instance FRENCH or DIRECTORS COMMENTS existed, then when compressing, you could not change it with BD REBUILDER to English HD AUDIO.
Perhaps I'm wrong to assume that.
Old 18-06-2011   #7
Administrator

Let me restate this: AnyDVD HD copies the blu ray movie in its entirety to the hard drive. If there is an English language HD sound track on the original disk, you can be certain that it will be on the copy made on the hard drive.

BD Rebuilder or Clown BD, either one, should be able to locate this HD English track and offer it as an option in a backup.

Using default settings, the only thing on the original disk that isn't included in the copy ripped by AnyDVD HD is the encryption. It is possible to remove other things, like region coding, BD-Live, advertisements and trailers, but you have to select those options in the settings for AnyDVD HD.
Old 18-06-2011   #8

Re:Easy ripping and testing with ANYDVD HD BLU RAY TRIAL VERSION-TRANSFORMERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWANJO View Post
Granted, I've only examined the 3 results with Media Player Classic & Nero Multimedia 10 Platinum HD PRIOR to using BD REBUILDER .
This can and should be so easy. First, you should really have a serious Bluray playback program to let you examine your rips and re-encodes. Please download the trial version of powerdvd? Or get your hands on a blu-ray capable version somehow. Next, download VirtualCloneDrive . Install them.

In anydvd's settings under "bluray", check enable blu-ray support, remove prohibited user operations, and remove region code.

Right-click the Anydvd icon in task tray and select rip to iso. Create a folder like "anydvd iso" to store your rips in.

When your disc is ripped, navigate to that folder, right click the iso, choose "mount virtual clone drive x:.

If autoplay doesn't give you the option to "play with powerdvd 11", fire up powerdvd and select the movie from the drop-down list and play the darn thing .

When you've tested the playback and are ready for rebuilder, simply choose the clone drive letter in rebuilder's "source" and shrink away, choosing to create an iso w/ imgburn in BDRB's settings.

This really comes in handy, as you can go into Clonedrive's settings and have it create 2 virtual drives. Load the original rip iso in one drive, the shrunk iso in the other. You can quickly flash back and forth between them with Powerdvd's drop-down source menu and compare video quality to see if you've sacrificed any quality(or anything else you didn't mean to) in the re-encode. All before burning and possibly wasting a disc.
Currently installed for testing: Lite-on DH20A4P-04(9P54) + Sony Optiarc AD-7200A(1.Z3) x2 "You want WHAT? OK, I can do that". + AD-7200S(1Z2) + AD-5280-CB-PLUS(1.Z7) + BenQ DW1650(BCIC) + BenQ DW1640(BSLB) x2 + Lite-on iHAS324-08 A(BL1H) + Asus DRW-24B1LT@iHAS424(ZLC1) + Asus DRW-24B1ST@iHAS324(BL1H) + Plextor PX-760A(1.03) + LG BD-RE WH10LS30(1.00) + Lite-on iHES208(8LOC) + Sammy SH-BO83L(SB01) + Pioneer BDR206(1.05) + Lite-on iHBS112-29(CLOK) + Pioneer BDR-205(1.12) + LG WH12LS39(1.00) + Lite-on iHBS212@Plextor PX-LB950SA(1.02)
deanwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011   #9
MyCE Member

I had Power DVD as software with my ASUS Blu Ray Reader 2 years ago & it seemed to work OK at the time. One day I was encouraged to install an update for the program & once that was installed, it never worked right. I corresponed back & forth and finally their techs admitted that possibly there was a program on my computer that was conflicting. I even tried the Trial Version of Power DVD 10 and still no luck.
As I owned Nero 9 , I decided to upgrade to Nero 10 Multimedia Platinum HD and it has worked great & I had no problems as I did with Power DVD.

Nero Kwik Media works great & I have faith in that program. I honestly don't want any part of Powewr DVd. In my estimation, Nero Platinum 10HD is a better program and if that won't suffice then I guess nothing will.
I have very carefully checked the Audio settings while using DVDFab Blu Ray Copy, and Clown Bd as well as BD REBUILDER and I still can't get the True HD/5.1.
While using DVDFab Blu Ray Copy before scanning and right clicking on the Preview Window. I got the proper Audio with both English Audio items checked at the top right but as SuperFist has said in th DVD Fab Forums on Blu Ray Copy-Re French Audio, that unchecking the 2nd English Audio causes the Preview to be the Directors Comments and with it checked you get the proper Hd/5.1. HOWEVER, once you decrypt it , the AUDIO is FRENCH.

Someone suggested I just check one English Audio at the top right and one English Audio in the Sub Titles but that doesn't work either.It then comes out with NO AUDIO.
I've Used BD REBUILDER after Decryption from DVDFab Blu Ray & ANYDVD and still no HD Audio.

I've asked here and in ther DVDFab Forums if anyone has backed up TRANSFORMERS 1 successfully with the TRUE HD/5.1 Audio but I've not seen a comment verifying same.

l believe SuperFisrt was planning to back up this program mentioned in the DVDFab Forum Thread, but I have not heard the outcome. FRENCH has always been Unchecked or It has a Red X on it but it still can appear in FRENCH in the BD REBUILDER Compressed outcome.
Old 19-06-2011   #10

Please do try it just as I outlined? Just rip your disc to an iso with anydvdHD and view it using virtualclonedrive and Nero if you must. From what I've read at Nero's website and elsewhere, their viewer is just a tidbit added on to what is primarily an editing/producing program. Just trying to be sure that your viewer is not responsible for the glitch. Leave DVDfab alone for the moment? In all fairness, I'll check out this movie myself ASAP .
Currently installed for testing: Lite-on DH20A4P-04(9P54) + Sony Optiarc AD-7200A(1.Z3) x2 "You want WHAT? OK, I can do that". + AD-7200S(1Z2) + AD-5280-CB-PLUS(1.Z7) + BenQ DW1650(BCIC) + BenQ DW1640(BSLB) x2 + Lite-on iHAS324-08 A(BL1H) + Asus DRW-24B1LT@iHAS424(ZLC1) + Asus DRW-24B1ST@iHAS324(BL1H) + Plextor PX-760A(1.03) + LG BD-RE WH10LS30(1.00) + Lite-on iHES208(8LOC) + Sammy SH-BO83L(SB01) + Pioneer BDR206(1.05) + Lite-on iHBS112-29(CLOK) + Pioneer BDR-205(1.12) + LG WH12LS39(1.00) + Lite-on iHBS212@Plextor PX-LB950SA(1.02)

Last edited by deanwitty; 19-06-2011 at 08:25.
Old 19-06-2011   #11
MyCE Senior Member

Well PWANJO, I checked out Transformers in my DVDFab 8098 and Movie Only is almost 40Gb and close to 2 1/2 hrs. So I would Back this up to my HDD and put it in a Folder called Transformers. It takes about 40 minutes, and DVDFab Backs up Folders BD and Certificate. Then I would use IMGBurn to Burn a Verbatim BD-R DL, this would also take about 40 minutes. The Video and Sound quality is outstanding, and like I said, I enjoy watching my Back ups more than the originals.
alchav21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011   #12
Administrator

There are two versions of Transformers. One has Dolby Digital HD audio for the main track and the newer version uses DTS HD MA audio.
What type of audio do you see as the HD stream?

Does this movie have one big M2TS file as the main movie, or is it split into many different m2ts files? Look in the movie you have decrypted with AnyDVD HD, inside the BDMV-->Streams folder and check this out. If the main movie is split into many different files, you should see nothing that is more than 20gb in size, but many files that are in the 6 to 12gb range. One quick way to find the big M2TS file is to right click inside the Streams folder in a blank area and select Sort by Size.

If there is one big M2TS file for the main movie, you can use tsMuxeRGUI to look at the file and see the audio streams. (I'm trying this path instead of ClownBD). You can download tsMuxeR with this user interface here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR
To use tsMuxeR, click on the tsMuxeRGUI executable, which brings up the main window. Click on Add and navigate to the large M2TS file in that Streams folder. Once it is in the program you will see a list of the video, audio and subtitle streams that are available. What I want you to do is remove all the check marks next to the streams except the HD audio and the video. The video should be the very first stream listed.

Now under Output in tsMuxerGUI, I want you to select Demux. Also set a path to a folder on your hard drive where you want to put the demuxed files. Do this by clicking Browse.

I'm including a picture of tsMuxeRGUI in action as illustration only:
Name:  tsmuxer gui 2.png
Views: 308
Size:  86.3 KB

Click on Start Demuxing to let tsMuxeR do its job. Once it is finished, you will have a separate file with the audio only and another file with video only. Test the audio in whichever player you like. I normally use VLC media player for this. If you have captured the English audio that you want, we are halfway home. You can then import the two streams back into tsMuxeRGUI and then set it to make a blu ray output.

But all this depends on the movie having one big M2TS file. I'll wait and see if it does. If all this sounds tedious and a bit dumb, it is. This is not a normal process for working with blu ray. But it is one way of making certain that you are getting the correct audio stream.

If you aren't getting the correct stream, you can go through each English language stream shown in tsMuxeRGUI separately, till you find the right one. You can just select each audio stream to demux, you don't have to demux the video again.

None of this gets the movie compressed of course. I'm just trying to get you to the point you can successfully use BD Rebuilder.

Last edited by Kerry56; 19-06-2011 at 17:01.
Old 19-06-2011   #13
MyCE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwitty View Post
This can and should be so easy. First, you should really have a serious Bluray playback program to let you examine your rips and re-encodes. Please download the trial version of powerdvd? Or get your hands on a blu-ray capable version somehow. Next, download VirtualCloneDrive . Install them.

In anydvd's settings under "bluray", check enable blu-ray support, remove prohibited user operations, and remove region code.

Right-click the Anydvd icon in task tray and select rip to iso. Create a folder like "anydvd iso" to store your rips in.

When your disc is ripped, navigate to that folder, right click the iso, choose "mount virtual clone drive x:.

If autoplay doesn't give you the option to "play with powerdvd 11", fire up powerdvd and select the movie from the drop-down list and play the darn thing .

When you've tested the playback and are ready for rebuilder, simply choose the clone drive letter in rebuilder's "source" and shrink away, choosing to create an iso w/ imgburn in BDRB's settings.

This really comes in handy, as you can go into Clonedrive's settings and have it create 2 virtual drives. Load the original rip iso in one drive, the shrunk iso in the other. You can quickly flash back and forth between them with Powerdvd's drop-down source menu and compare video quality to see if you've sacrificed any quality(or anything else you didn't mean to) in the re-encode. All before burning and possibly wasting a disc.
Hi: I'm trying yours first, deanwitty. When I mounted the Virtual drive it went immediately to Nero 10 HD Platinum Blu ray but didn't play. When I looked at the Virtual Drive with Media Player Classic the movie played the FRENCH AUDIO. There are 26 M PEG-2 files . I chose the largest which is 00010, reads 43,440, 090... and played it through Nero & MPC and the Audio is FRENCH.

What point is there in running it through BD REBUILDER? Can you offer a suggestion?

Kerry 56, I will try the" tsMuxeRGUI executable" a little later. I assume with 26 files I will run the Largest 00010 though this executable.
Old 20-06-2011   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWANJO View Post
Hi: I'm trying yours first, deanwitty. When I mounted the Virtual drive it went immediately to Nero 10 HD Platinum Blu ray but didn't play. When I looked at the Virtual Drive with Media Player Classic the movie played the FRENCH AUDIO. There are 26 M PEG-2 files . I chose the largest which is 00010, reads 43,440, 090... and played it through Nero & MPC and the Audio is FRENCH.

What point is there in running it through BD REBUILDER? Can you offer a suggestion?
Yes. Start BDRB and load the virtualdrive Transformers iso as source. If you already have English selected as your preferred language in the settings, you should see X's in front of French and Spanish and the English audio selected already. As it appears that you may have a copy of this movie with French as the default soundtrack, you may also wish to right-click the English HD audio track and choose "set as default".

I'm currently running it through BDRB in "movie-only". alchav21 seems to feel that DVDfab won't give a good enough result with taking this rather large movie down to SL BD-R. I'll let you know if BDRB is capable of a good-looking SL re-encode. I suspect it is .
Old 20-06-2011   #15

One other thing I should have mentioned. If you are making a full back-up with menus, checking "remove trailers" in ANYDVD before ripping does work with this one to take you very quickly to the menu. Be back in 43 minutes with the BDRB results .
Old 20-06-2011   #16
Administrator

Which version of Transformers do you have deanwitty? Does it have Dolby or DTS HD audio?
Old 20-06-2011   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
Which version of Transformers do you have deanwitty? Does it have Dolby or DTS HD audio?
Dolby .

What do you think about the possibility that he simply has a French default copy? Seems entirely possible in Canada.
Old 20-06-2011   #18
Administrator

It may be. I have never run into something like this personally.

I was reluctant to lead him into deep waters using tsMuxeR to find the audio stream he wants, but using normal methods, he wasn't getting anywhere.
Old 20-06-2011   #19

Hope its that simple. The re-encode looks great to me, bitrates running from 8-30 Mbps and you most definitely want to keep the HD soundtrack .
Old 20-06-2011   #20
MyCE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwitty View Post
Yes. Start BDRB and load the virtualdrive Transformers iso as source. If you already have English selected as your preferred language in the settings, you should see X's in front of French and Spanish and the English audio selected already. As it appears that you may have a copy of this movie with French as the default soundtrack, you may also wish to right-click the English HD audio track and choose "set as default".

I'm currently running it through BDRB in "movie-only". alchav21 seems to feel that DVDfab won't give a good enough result with taking this rather large movie down to SL BD-R. I'll let you know if BDRB is capable of a good-looking SL re-encode. I suspect it is .
Good Morning from me in Eastern Canada. I loaded the Virtual Drive TRANSFORMERS ib BD REBUILDER. I checked the AUDIO Settings Everything was X'd out except HD ENGISH which I set as the DEFAULT. In the SUBTITLES, everything was X'd out except ENGLISH and I ran BD REBUILDER & Compressed TRANSFORMERS.

My hopes were dashed when I played the Movie with MPC & also NERO Platinum HD as there was NO AUDIO at all.This happened to me before with one of the other Methods.

What do I do Next?
Old 20-06-2011   #21
MyCE Member

Just a note. I have saved a copy of the BD Info Results-Document from a Transformer Movie I did back on June 15th & also a JPEG Image of the SCAN done at that time that I could E mail to you if I had an E mail address. It shows Dolby True HD Audio ENGLISH in that Scan & RESULT.
Old 20-06-2011   #22
MyCE Member

I just ran the BD REBUILDER outcome through BD INFO and saved the scan & the results. If you tell me how to get the JPEG & Word Document to you guys, I will send them.

I await your replies.
Old 21-06-2011   #23
MyCE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Well PWANJO, I checked out Transformers in my DVDFab 8098 and Movie Only is almost 40Gb and close to 2 1/2 hrs. So I would Back this up to my HDD and put it in a Folder called Transformers. It takes about 40 minutes, and DVDFab Backs up Folders BD and Certificate. Then I would use IMGBurn to Burn a Verbatim BD-R DL, this would also take about 40 minutes. The Video and Sound quality is outstanding, and like I said, I enjoy watching my Back ups more than the originals.
Does thsi mean that you actually backed up Transformers1 with the ENGLISH HD/Dolby as the Audio outpu that came out t or that's how you would do it? Check what I've found on this last exercise in futility, first with FRENCH AUDIO and then with all other languages RED X out and TRUE HD/DOLBY AUDIO selected as the default, NO AUDIO at all when using BD REBUILDER and compressing.

As I say, I ran it through BD INFO and saved trhe SCAN & overall RESULTS and I sure would like someone knowledgeable look at the results.
Old 21-06-2011   #24
Administrator

Well, you can try the tsMuxeR route till you find the correct audio stream. Testing the audio stream individually is a certain, though roundabout method.

I'm on the road again and not going to be here often.
Old 21-06-2011   #25
MyCE Member

Would it be helpful if someone in the knowm and familiar with BD INFO to look at the results of the Scanning to see the Audio streams?

What do U think deanwitty or Kerry 56? You guys seem to have the expertise for a solution to my problem.