Old 22-08-2006   #1
New on Forum

AnyDVD Giving Me the Big Blue Crash

Running on XP. Worked fine when I first got it. Just upgraded and it crashed everything. Uninstalled, reinstalled, same results. Just AnyDVD is doing this, not any of the Clones. Anyone? Suggestions?
taocow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: AnyDVD Giving Me the Big Blue Crash

A complete list of PC Specs harware and software on it would help out us giving you help.
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006   #3
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by taocow
Running on XP. Worked fine when I first got it. Just upgraded and it crashed everything. Uninstalled, reinstalled, same results. Just AnyDVD is doing this, not any of the Clones. Anyone? Suggestions?
Try running AnyDVD in safe mode.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Try to restore your system to the pre_upgrade of AnyDVD that would take you back to previous version of AnyDVD then try it to see the problem resolves if yes then uninstall the AnyDVD completely from your system and fresh install the new version then report back to this forum of the results.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006   #5
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS
Try to restore your system to the pre_upgrade of AnyDVD that would take you back to previous version of AnyDVD then try it to see the problem resolves if yes then uninstall the AnyDVD completely from your system and fresh install the new version then report back to this forum of the results.
I strongly disagree with doing a System Restore. Post your PC specs like Dr. Who said and do what alan1476 posted.

When does the crash happen? When opening AnyDVD? Decrypting something? What and when?

Using the System Restore function as a means to fix problems which can easily be done a different way may lead to even worse problems down the track.
linx05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006   #6
New on Forum

amd athlon 64 3500 2.21ghz
2gb ram
nvidia 7800 gt

i start the program, it sometimes makes it to initial load so i can see the first screen, but often just crashes before anything is displayed. have uninstalled and reinstalled. have started both my clone progs fine (but they're useless without anydvd).

any help you guys could give would be appreciated.
Old 22-08-2006   #7
MyCE Resident

Windows 64 or 32 bit?
Are your drives even harddrive an SATA or Raid?
Previously people who had dvd43 on their PC and uninstalled it then put anydvd on would see this too or something close to it. Thanks for giving us the specs now can you please answer these 2 here as well?
Old 22-08-2006   #8
CDFreaks Resident

Taocow -

You state that everything was working ‘Fine’ and then you ‘Upgraded’ and after this undisclosed ‘Upgrade’ you received the ‘Crash’ problem. Explained exactly what this undisclosed ‘Upgrade’ was.

As already suggested have you experimented and attempted to run AnyDVD in the ‘Safe Mode’ and Regular Mode and see if this corrected the problem?

Also when a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) crash occurs there is a message displayed that contains parameters. It could be helpful if you provide this Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) message and parameters that are displayed.

BeLooken
BeLooken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006   #9
MyCE Resident

How does one save the BSOD to post it instead of writing all the stuff down? I would like to know this myself.
Old 22-08-2006   #10
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linx05
I strongly disagree with doing a System Restore. Post your PC specs like Dr. Who said and do what alan1476 posted.

When does the crash happen? When opening AnyDVD? Decrypting something? What and when?

Using the System Restore function as a means to fix problems which can easily be done a different way may lead to even worse problems down the track.
I know this is not an anydvd issue, but I hope this is useful advice for anydvd users.

I have found from experience that system restore does not always wind back as one might expect.

System restore is basically a registry and driver backup tool but does not delete other data.

System restore is generally ok if you install something from new, find it doesn't work and you rewind immediately.

However, I found system restore doesn't always seem to properly handle updating of software. (I had lots of problems with Nero). I am guessing here that some packages install items which system restore thinks is simply data and on restore does not properly revert to older versions.

I strongly recommend that any user does regular backups using a package like Norton Ghost (or similar). These are virtually 100% reliable as they basically create a clone of the disk i.e. on restore the disk is identical to what it was at the time of backup. However, all data created since the backup is lost.

Many back up systems allow incremental backup which will back up only items changed since last full back up - this is much quicker generally and minimise amount of data lots - many companies do this on a daily (say) basis with full backups on a weekly (say) basis. Thus any disaster is limited to 1 day's worth of data.

I don't actually keep much data - really only applications so I tend to backup monthly or when I install a new application. I have had to use the backups from time to time and it has saved me much aggravation.

Of course I always try system restore first and revert to backup second if restore does not work.

With a decent backup system, you can install any update to anydvd with confidence knowing you can back track safely. It's a false economy (in my opinion) not having a decent back up system.
Oilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006   #11
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who
How does one save the BSOD to post it instead of writing all the stuff down? I would like to know this myself.
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kba...otextfile.html
Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell at www.sysinternals.com have released freeware utility BlueSave that automatically saves the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) dump screen to a text file. Useful to Windows NT admin.

When your system crashes, you will see a message on the Blue Screen indicating that BlueSave has written the screen contents to a file. The file, which you can examine after the system reboots, is located at \WINNT\BLUESCRN.TXT (or your equivalent System Root directory). The file is only 8KB in size. If you get a One or more services failed to start error during a boot and the System event log shows that BlueSave indicates that a device is off-line, simply run the RegSetup utility that is installed in the BlueSave program group. After it has run reboot and BlueSave will be activated again.

Not sure if it works with WinXP but the basic kernel is the same...
mrdataNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006   #12
New on Forum

hey guys,

i'm running xp 32 and my drives are sata and not raid.

i got anydvd, clone and clonemobile about five months ago, worked great (except for occaision audio sync issues on mobile). hadn't used them in about a month. fired up anydvd in order to use mobile and it said there was an upgrade available. downloaded it and installed. started it up again and it immediately crashed (immediately as in i didn't even get to the start screen - just straight to blue). restarted the machine, uninstalled, downloaded a new version and reinstalled. this time it got to the start screen, but crashed when i tried to interact with it. tried a couple of more time with the same results.

i must have some major conflict going on, but can't understand what because my system really hadn't changed in the time between uses.

thanks.
Old 23-08-2006   #13
MyCE Resident

Well we have eliminated the fact that anydvd crashes your PC this is the first. So what I would do is contact slysoft and ask them for support. You might want to send them your keys to be validated too. just a guess.

Have you tried in anydvd safe mode?
Old 23-08-2006   #14
MyCE Resident

also, could you uninstall anydvd and reboot your pc to see if it boots up ok

Bj

click HERE to join cdfreaks
Bjproc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006   #15
CDFreaks Resident

Taocow -

I ask again if have you experimented and attempted to run AnyDVD in the ‘Safe Mode’ and Regular Mode and see if this corrected the problem? If you have difficulty accessing the AnyDVD program settings page to change AnyDVD from Safe to Regular Modes start you computer in the “Safe Mode” and then change the AnyDVD software program from Safe Mode to Regular Mode. If you are unaware of how to start you computer in the safe mode view the below Web Page

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

What is the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) crash message displayed and the parameters displayed when the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) crash occurs? MrdataNY #11 posting explains how to view the BLUESCRN.TXT file.
Quote:
i must have some major conflict going on, but can't understand what because my system really hadn't changed in the time between uses
Have checked your computer for any Virus or Spyware?

BeLooken
BeLooken is offline   Reply With Quote