Old 12-10-2004   #1
Management

Any DVD Free Trial Download

For those who drop by and would like to download a trial version of AnyDVD, please visit this site.

Last edited by DoMiN8ToR; 12-10-2006 at 21:32. Reason: Link was outdated
DoMiN8ToR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005   #2
New on Forum

Re: Any DVD Free Trial Download

Does AnyDVD work with DVDXCopy Platinum. I have last version released by 321 Studios which includes a decrypter and ripping code that circumvents 99% of protection schemes I have encountered on DVD movies. I downloaded AnyDVD and tried using it on a DVD that DVDXCopy cannot backup - Ned Kelly. Unfortunately, AnyDVD did not work. It read the disk, but did not see any "bad sector" protection - which I think that DVD has. I would appreciate any comments or help.

Thanks
sbwlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005   #3

First of all ditch the crappy X COPY Platnum program. Plenty of better options. Second, give DVD Decrypter a shot. It is a freeware program and it circumvents the latest copy protections. Simply rip in file mode at first and then open up the project with your program of choice (ie DVD Shrink, Clone DVD). www.dvddecrypter.com
Jesterrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005   #4
New on Forum

Cannot download the trial version.
Message says "301 Moved permanently"
ridgwayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005   #5
New on Forum

This link takes me to the page saying "301 Moved Permanently. I cannot convert with the key until I have downloaded the trial!!!!!!
ridgwayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005   #6
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where

You can't go here? > http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005   #7
New on Forum

This may not be the proper place for me to put this but here is my tech support experience with AnyDVD and cloneDVD support. Please note that each answer I received back from Bernd really didn't answer anything. This has been going on for days now.

You decide whether to get involved with SlySoft or not. I'm not.

< original and current thread I have going with Bernd Hartings at SlySoft about problems I've been having testing AnyDVD and cloneDVD under different circumstances. Note the lack of any real help here. The thread has NOT been modified in any way other than to take out my email address. >

Greetings Bernd,

I gave you no less than three tries to answer a couple of questions I had. You avoided the questions each time telling me to try the software the first time, try the software before I comment on its abilities the second time (effectively the same answer) and the third time you told me exactly what I told you in my message to you, AVOIDING AGAIN answering my direct questions and telling me you don't have any control over CloneDVD (effectively washing your hands of any responsibility for it). I can only imagine the fun you must have playing ping pong with your customers between you (AnyDVD) and Elaborate (cloneDVD) when problems arise. Do I really want to take a chance on that kind of support? No fuc*king way thank you... I support and purchase IBM Mainframes for a living and have enough fun with them without having to take it up the, well you know where, from developers like yourself who have no time to talk with customers who you obviously think have no idea what they are talking about let alone asking.

Congratulation, you just blew a sale and any future business. I can't imagine how anyone puts up with your kind of support. It truly sucks.

Have a nice life and hope no one ever asks me what I think about AnyDVD and its support...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:48 AM
To: Stan Mail
Subject: Re: SlySoft (en ticket 1110580308)

Hello Stan,

We offer free lifetime upgrades for AnyDVD and CloneCD. Once
you have bought a license for these programs you get all
updates of the respective program for free.

CloneDVD is limited to one year free updates. After this
period you'll have to buy a new license in order to be able
to update further.
CloneDVD is not our program, it is made by Elaborate Bytes
(http://elby.ch). Therefore we have no influence on the
license terms of this program.

Best regards
Bernd Hartings
SlySoft, Inc.
http://slysoft.com

----- Original Message -----
To: "'SlySoft Support'" <support@slysoft.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:03 PM
Subject: RE: SlySoft (en ticket 1110580308)

>
> I DID try out the programs, had some LEGITIMATE
problems, and have some
> LEGITIMATE questions. I find it interesting that you
won't take the time to
> answer them. If this is the kind of support you give once
I've bought I'm a
> little concerned.
>
> Simply put.
>
> 1. If I purchase AnyDVD which has lifetime support and
buy CloneDVD,
> will I need to buy another copy of CloneDVD (which only
has a 1 year support
> policy) to ensure that I can copy all formats given that
ICopyDVDs2 and
> XCOPY Platinum HANG ON MY MACHINE WHEN I USE AnyDVD to
copy a Sony encrypted
> disk (I'm a little concerned that you have not even asked
me anything about
> this). Now, I am a developer myself and I can appreciate
not wanted to take
> time to answer every Tom, Dick and Dipshit's questions but
please...take a
> minute or two to answer me specifically without just
saying 'try before you
> buy'. I've been building computers since 1987. I know
what I am doing an
> how to test software and the questions to ask. It's up to
you (or the
> developer if you aren't he) to answer them.
>
> If you can't take the time to do this now I don't see
you doing it later
> and am not going to spend the dollars for bad support.
I'm hoping I caught
> you on a bad day, as I am not trying to offend, just get
some answers to my
> questions.
>
> Stan
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: SlySoft Support [mailto:support@slysoft.com]
> Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 7:55 AM
> To: Stan Mail
> Subject: Re: SlySoft (en ticket 1110580308)
>
> Hello Stan,
>
> Thank you for your message.
>
> 1. Try out our programs before speculating about their
> capabilities, please.
> 2. Try out our programs before speculating about their
> capabilities, please.
> 3. Try out our programs before speculating about their
> capabilities, please.
>
> Best regards
> Bernd Hartings
> SlySoft, Inc.
> http://slysoft.com
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Stan Mail"
> To: "'SlySoft Support'" <support@slysoft.com>
> Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:08 PM
> Subject: RE: SlySoft (en ticket 1110580308)
>
>
> >
> >
> > I appreciate the response Bernd but still have
questions
> as in the
> > original message. The Sony DVD's are the only ones I
have
> any trouble with
> > and the only reason I am looking at replacing DVD43. I
> already have 4-5 DVD
> > copy programs.
> >
> >
> >
> > 1. Is it the AnyDVD program alone that provides
the
> CSS decryption
> > entirely or are parts of Clone DVD required?
> >
> > 2. DVDRegion and CSS for Free also offer Sony
Arcos
> decryption and
> > they also have a dvd writer program that they offer
> lifetime updates for.
> > Is there a reason why there is only a one year agreement
> on the CloneDVD
> > software? I do not wish to purchase a new copy of
> CloneDVD each year to
> > ensure CSS decryption abilities.
> >
> > 3. Is there a reason why I cannot get AnyDVD to
> work with my store
> > bought version of ICopyDVDs2? Or with my downloaded
> version of DVD XCopy
> > Platinum (both hang)? I have a Pioneer A08 dual
writeable
> DVD and a Plextor
> > PX-712A. It's pretty common equipment, both of which
are
> at their latest
> > firmware levels. Running WinXP SP2 on a home built
> screamer.
> >
> >
> >
> > I realize hardware questions as in #3 can be hard to
> answer but if you can
> > answer the first two questions I would consider
purchasing
> the package of
> > AnyDVD, CloneDVD and CloneCD from the SlySoft website.
> >
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >
> >
> > Stan
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: SlySoft Support [mailto:support@slysoft.com]
> > Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:32 PM
> > Subject: Re: SlySoft (en ticket 1110580308)
> >
> >
> >
> > Hello
> >
> >
> > Thank you for your email.
> >
> >
> >
> > Currently only CloneDVD is able to burn all known copy
> >
> > protections there are. Most other programs have problems
> >
> > burning ARccOS protected movies.
> >
> >
> >
> > Try it out, it's free for 21 days:
> >
> > http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
> >
> >
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Bernd Hartings
> >
> > SlySoft, Inc.
> >
> > http://slysoft.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> >
> >
> > To: <info@slysoft.com>
> >
> > Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 11:31 PM
> >
> > Subject: SlySoft (en ticket 1110580308)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > I have been using DVD43 for quite some time now but
> due
> >
> > to
> >
> > > the new Sony ArcOS protection I am looking for another
> >
> > > solution. I have tried AnyDVD and for the most part
it
> >
> > > works fine (some movies I have to wait a little while
> for
> >
> > a
> >
> > > patch to work [The Forgotten, The Grudge]).
> >
> > > I typically use both ICopyDVDs2 and a version of
DVD
> >
> > > Xcopy with the ripper. Along with DVD43 this has
worked
> >
> > > for me great, except for Sony. When copying a Sony
> movie
> >
> > > using AnyDVD and ICopyDVDs2 or DVDXcopy, both
processes
> >
> > > freeze causing me to have to reboot the machine.
> >
> > > I don't mind purchasing a program to do what I need
> (I
> >
> > > am a programmer myself) but I looked at your offers
and
> >
> > > have a question. You provide free lifetime updates
for
> >
> > > AnyDVD and Clone CD but NOT CloneDVD. Why not
CloneDVD?
> >
> > > Is there functionality in there not covered by the
> AnyDVD
> >
> > > Copyright protection removal that isn't apparent. The
> >
> > > ICopyDVDs2 and DVD Xcopy freezing worries me. Using
> >
> > > CloneDVD and the AnyDVD driver seems to work.
> >
> > > Am I going to have to buy this program every year
in
> >
> > > order to handle Sony movies?
> >
> > > regards,
> >
> > > Stan
> >
> > > I am also looking at DVDRegionFree as well but am
> >
> > > leaning toward your product provided it does what I
need
> >
> > > without my having to buy CloneDVD once a year.
> >
> > >
> >
> > >
> >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
sweyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005   #8
New on Forum

I have a feeling that the reason you have lockups when running AnyDVD with Xcopy Plat is simply Xcopy was designed to be a standalone decryption program (It has DeCSS built in) and it really has issues on SOME discs when you try and have another program telling the DVD where it can stick its macrovision or even attempting to access the drive its using. (ALTHOUGH, Ive had problems similar to that with OTHER programs (Nero, Decrypter) as well...when AnyDVD was running. And Nero DOESNT decode CSS, so who knows)?

You can complain all you like that AnyDVD should work perfectly with an EXTINCT program like Xcopy Platinum(Or even OTHER COMPANIES programs?), and in a perfect world maybe it should/would, but if it doesnt...then simply go down to the tray and disable AnyDVD. (You can turn it off ya know?). You MAY find that the Discs that locked up will now work fine with other programs(Xcopy or Nero). I have found that on SOME titles (Arcos?) I have to UNCHECK the AnyDVD features that alter the disc reading like GO STRAIGHT TO MAIN MOVIE(As opposed to having AnyDVD just remove macrovision and leave all else alone) and then ALL programs work fine. If I dont do this, then NONE of my outside programs, including NERO will finish a read without getting stuck on errors that simply arent really there. I can PLAY these discs...but they wont READ with a program attempting to copy them UNLESS I uncheck some AnyDVD extra features. On 1st guess this is more an issue of PROTECTION and not failure of AnyDVD/CloneDVD? Guessing anyway. And it can be bypassed when it occiasionally happens(At least for me?)

Is this a problem overall? Generally I say NO.
I still...even at my advancing age, have enough movement left in my hand to reach the mouse right click and uncheck 2 boxes before I pass out from the strain. WOULD IT BE NICE if it autoselected this and was always right on every disc? on ALL titles? SURE. Maybe its a bootup issue that only happens once in awhile on only my machine, maybe its some rare titles (Conan the Barbarian extended edition, Alice in WOnderland) that dont allow Xcopy to play nicenice even though other discs do? I honestly dont know? But when needed, I simply uncheck a couple of boxes and try again, OR I disable AnyDVD and then reload Xcopy or Nero or Decrypter or whatever else, then re-enable AnyDVD with minimal features, and often that problem disc is no longer a problem.

These are just a few things Ive noticed using the software. You always have the option of trying other softwares for your main choice or JUST for the occaisional problem child. And Support is a WONDEROUS thing when you need it...but it sounds like you are trying to get what are sorta SALES answers from Tech Support or Vice Versa...and I can tell you...MOST companies dont cross train all employees to handle all that. Technicians dont always know how to answer WILL IT WORK WITH questions, and Sales RARELY knows how to answer WHY DOESNT IT questions. As far as support, it has more frequent updates than almost any other program on the market, so you tell me when the last tyme Icopy2 was updated twice in a month? I cant tell you what is ENOUGH support, thats a personal decision...but have you ever needed support from MICROSOFT? And your experience was? AHEMMMMMMMM

Hey, you didnt quit using windows did ya? EVEN THOUGH...

Finally, why is CloneDVD only a year of upgrades, and the the others are ongoing?
Sigh...thats one of those WHAT LIES AHEAD questions. CloneDVD is a nice and SIMPLE DVD copy/compress program. It does a very good job at making a fairly complex job simple within what are currently some basic parameters. It DOES however leave SOME things out of the loop. There are a few authoring type options that simply arent there (yet?) such as the ability to modify menus or ADD/ADJUST menus, the ability to decrypt onboard (Xcopy style) or select more advanced options for copy adjustment. These really wont be updates as much as flat out redesigns. And in the future, DVDs will in fact CHANGE. You think Sony will take the fact that ARCOS is cracked laying down? NO. It will one day CHANGE and be replaced with a more difficult protection.
So you want a guarantee that for no further money, for no further investment, for no reason other than your happiness, they will GUARANTEE you to provide future upgrades to cover any NEW protections or DVD design creations...free of charge simply bvecause you paid once maybe YEARS ago?

Again, would be nice in a perfect world. But simply not financially feasible.
I know you like Xcopy Platinum. I too keep it here for the few discs that bug CloneDVD. But I try not to use it. It locks up too much, it crashes too much, and there are some titles it WILL NOT EVER work with. 123 Studios is DEAD. whatever money they made is GONE to a lawsuit that killed them. BUT, if you could find the former creators online, do you STILL THINK they should write a patch or 2 for previous customers? Do they OWE you that because you gave em 50 or 80 or 100 bucks 5 years ago?

This world isnt perfect. Windows changes every 3 years, and MS doesnt free update more than 5 years EVER (At least not for free) without a complete version change . They force PAY UPGRADES(Buy new version) to cover new features after 3ish years. Anything else, simply is buyer beware. (You MAY be able to use some new progs on Win95 or Win98, but not their problem if you cant...buy XP they will tell you).

Same applies. In a year or 2, there may be a new VERSION of CloneDVD. It may have taken licensing of copywrited codes to guarantee it can do whatever new things it will do. It may have required hundreds or thousands of hours to create, on an entirely new engine from the current version. And it may cost more money. Such is lyfe...

I can respect you are a programmer. I can respect you know exactly what you are testing and talking about. I AM NOT a coder or programmer, never was, never will be. I depended on engineers and experts for my answer BACK WHEN I still did this regularly. I simply once checked softwares for beta issues, and wrote regular reviews online. I was ABOVE AVERAGE in posting findings...not an expert in creation or compiling. But hey, whatever gets us all from A to B...
TLK914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005   #9
Original author of CloneCD and CloneDVD Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweyman
Do I really want to take a chance on that kind of support? No fuc*king way thank you... I support and purchase IBM Mainframes for a living and have enough fun with them without having to take it up the, well you know where, from developers like yourself who have no time to talk with customers who you obviously think have no idea what they are talking about let alone asking.
I find it kind of amusing, that you compare the support for IBM mainfraimes (how many thousand dollars does one cost?) to two products, each costing less than 30 bucks.
Ever tried a support incident at Apple or Microsoft (each for some 100 dollars)?
I am waiting for a reasonable answer from Apple for over four months now (and yes, this was a paid incident).
Come on, please be reasonable. CloneDVD and AnyDVD support is OUTSTANDING (and free!) for its price range.
And by the way, since 3 years nobody needed to buy any upgrade for CloneDVD.
Old 18-04-2005   #10
CD Freaks Junior Member

Olli, your products Rock dude!!! I love them. Im backing up a DVD as I write this.

As far as not worrying about paying for upgrades...thats truley amazing. Keep it up
Booyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005   #11
CD Freaks Member

i use anydvd and clonedvd. i also use other programs as well. i have had no major problems. and i think the support is great.
spiderman_jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005   #12
New on Forum

I`m Very New To This But I Download The Trial Version Of Anydvd 5.1.0.1 And Try To Backup House Of Flying Daggers,using Colne Dvd But Is Was Unable To Read Areas Of The Dvd Disc
CONAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005   #13
CDFreaks Resident

House of Flying Daggers (just got it yesterday too) is a SONY DVD that has either regular ARCCOS protection or a new version (possible since it was just released yesterday 4/19). i successfully backed it up using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 which detected IFO protection and inserted appropriate dummy sectors when it was ripped.

i suggest you download and use DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 (http://www.dvddecrypter.com/) to rip the DVD to an ISO, then mount it using Slysoft's Virtual Clone Drive and then proceed to compress/transcode it using CloneDVD2.
Plextor PX-716A / Plextor PX-Premium / Samsung SD-816B ROM / OCZ 520ADJ PowerStream / Kingwin KT424SWM

AMD A64 Winchester 3200+ / Thermalright XP-90 / ASUS A8V Dlx r2 / OCZ PlatR2 (2x512)
WD740GD 2*74GB Raptor (RAID0) / WD2500SD/JD 2*250GB SATA / Seagate 2*160GB PATA / Maxtor OneTouchII 300GB Ext (Firewire)
ATI X800XL / Viewsonic VP201s 20.1"LCD / Creative SBAudigy2ZS Plat / Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1
Plextor PX-716A / Plextor PX-708UF / BenQ 1640 / OCZ 520ADJ PowerStream / Lian-Li V1000B
drpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONAGE
I`m Very New To This But I Download The Trial Version Of Anydvd 5.1.0.1 And Try To Backup House Of Flying Daggers,using Colne Dvd But Is Was Unable To Read Areas Of The Dvd Disc
Send IFOs to SlySoft support. They will help.
Old 20-04-2005   #15
CDFreaks Resident

I was able to copy 'House of Flying Daggers' using a previous version to the Beta's

Copied no problem
HAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005   #16
New on Forum

Downloaded the trial versions of Anydvd and Clone dvd last night . Copied House of flying dagger with no problems. I will try Dvddecryter and dvd shrink next??? Anyone tried?
dvdnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005   #17
Banned

Hi, I'm banned.

Last edited by AZImmortal; 30-04-2005 at 07:30.
noni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2005   #18
MyCE Resident

Why dont you stop spamming around all the forums with your crap and give us all a break..
Old 04-05-2005   #19
New on Forum

HI all .. what is the correct way of upgrading from my existing version of Any DVD to the newer version . Do i uninstall first? does my subscription automatically carry over? Help!! thankyou
SNEAKERPIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #20
MyCE Resident

Hi SNEAKERPIMP, it actually tells you to install it over the top, no need to uninstall. reboot after you have finished and back it comes, updated with all your settings intact.
voxsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #21
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterrace
First of all ditch the crappy X COPY Platnum program. Plenty of better options. Second, give DVD Decrypter a shot. It is a freeware program and it circumvents the latest copy protections. Simply rip in file mode at first and then open up the project with your program of choice (ie DVD Shrink, Clone DVD). www.dvddecrypter.com
Does Decrypter take care of the Sony ArcoSS bad sector problems?
cadreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #22
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMP
I was able to copy 'House of Flying Daggers' using a previous version to the Beta's

Copied no problem
what did you burn them with? Clone or what ?
Old 18-05-2005   #23
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadreamin
what did you burn them with? Clone or what ?
Download AnyDVD after three long weeks of researching every board forum, every ripping program.

I use DVDXCOPY 4.0.3.8 Platinum....

Burned House of Flying daggers with no problems...

XCOPY still lives....... I found extensive install instructions for this from some guy named MAD BOB....

If anyone wants them send me an email.
Old 26-06-2005   #24
New on Forum

I just bought Any DVD and when I tried to download it, I got a message that Windows doesn't recognize the file. I was given the choice of going online to find the file that created the program, or choosing from a list. I can't do anything until I download the file, but I'm stuck... can I get some help....thx.
blackmamba63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba63
I just bought Any DVD and when I tried to download it, I got a message that Windows doesn't recognize the file. I was given the choice of going online to find the file that created the program, or choosing from a list. I can't do anything until I download the file, but I'm stuck... can I get some help....thx.
You need to install the demo version first before trying to register it.
See the faq on http://www.slysoft.com