Join Date: Nov 2011
Unable to success CrossFlashing my DRW-24B1ST FW 1.04
i bought an DRW-24B1ST it cames with FW 1.04
and i'm unable to crossflash it to liteon ihas124/324 for the LT MAX BURNER FOR XBOX 360.
DRW-24B1ST a version
i see all success with 1.03 fw but i cant downgrade since i need to downgrade the EEPROM too but i dont have it's binary only the fw 1.03 i have.
BTW , IF SOMEONE CAN SEND ME HIS 1.03 EEPROM, TO TRY Please
when i hit convert drive in the eeprom utility and restart, i'm trying to flash iHAS124_A.BL0A.stock.exe it flashes, but only the fw version is changed to 0A24 and the drive is stuck with the green led on
and the brand is still asus DRW-24B1ST displayed, drive is dead, i can only restore to the backup, cant success crossflash
please tell me what should i do to get it crossflashed successfuly.
Thanks , deliad
Register to remove me
Join Date: Today
Location: Myce HQ
Join Date: Feb 2001
I believe that if your drive came with 1.04 firmware, you probably have a "B" series drive. You need to flash it with the "ATAPI.iHAS324_B.AL18.stock" firmware from codeguys. Don't forget to run the EEPROM Utility frome codeguys to "convert" the drive immediately after flashing. That will result in a Lite-On iHAS324 drive and Device Manager should then report it as an "ATAPI iHAS324 B SCSI CdRom Device". The drives that came with 1.03 firmware apparently were "A" series drives and had a completely different chipset that used different firmware.
I just went through all this a few hours ago with a new DRW-24B1ST and finally figured it out.
Asus P6X58D Premium LGA1366 motherboard
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz Quad-Core Hyper-Threading
12GB DDR-3 1333 PC3-1066 Triple-Channel RAM @1178MHz
Two Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA II internal HDD on ICH10R RAID 1
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA II external HDD in Vantec eSATA case
nVidia GeForce GT240 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 x16
ASUS DVD-E616A2 DVD-ROM w/ Vantec CB-IS100 IDE-to-SATA adapter
Asus CRW-5232AX CD-R/RW w/ Vantec CB-IS100 IDE-to-SATA adapter
Optiarc AD-7200S SATA DVD+R/RW DL
External Pioneer DVR-217DBK SATA DVD+R/RW DL in Vantec e-SATA case
External Plextor PX-740UF External Firewire DVD+R/RW DL (BenQ 1640 w/ 164B BEGB F/W) for disc quality testing
Antec Performance II series case w/ 700W modular PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
ODD's on the shelf: ASUS DRW-24B1ST, ASUS DRW-24B3LT, Optiarc AD-7260S, Optiarc AD-7200S (brand new)
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Re: Unable to success CrossFlashing my DRW-24B1ST FW 1.04
- Always backup both your firmware and your EEPROM before doing anything, and keep those backups safe!!!
- Typically DRW-24B1ST with firmware 1.04 are *B* series drives
- Typically DRW-24B1ST with firmware 1.03 or lower are *A* drives
- You can't crossflash between *A* drives and *B*drives - the two series have different chipsets/hardware
- The LT MAX BURNER firmware is only for *B* drives
- I doubt you can see any 'success' for DRW-24B1ST drives with firmware 1.03, since those drives will be *A* drives and the LT MAX BURNER firmware is only for *B* drives
- The EEPROM of each drive is unique as it contains calibration data unique to that drive. As such, never ever flash the EEPROM of one drive to another!!!
- Don't mess with the EEPROM other than playing with the Convert Drive feature, and make sure you know what you're doing before doing it.
- The statement about having to downgrade the EEPROM is incorrect
- The correct crossflash procedure is to flash the new firmware first and then use the Convert Drive feature, not the other way around!
Always the best offers
Join Date: Today
Location: Myce HQ
|1.04, 360, asus drw-24b1st, crossflash, xbox|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Asus DRW-24B1ST features||prim8e||Asus / Pioneer Writer||2||12-11-2011 21:43|
|ASUS DRW-24B1ST OFFSET.||y-y||Asus / Pioneer Writer||0||11-07-2011 09:51|
|asus DRW-24B1ST. c2? cache?||y-y||Asus / Pioneer Writer||0||07-06-2011 23:49|
|Asus DRW-24B1ST E-hammer||steve61617||Asus / Pioneer Writer||1||15-09-2010 12:01|
|DRW-24B1LT vs. DRW-24B1ST quality||resimian||Asus / Pioneer Writer||3||15-09-2010 05:20|