Old 10-05-2007   #126
New on Forum

Re: DVR-112D Firmware

Does anyone know if I can crossflash back to the 112D firmware? I'm currently using the 112L Buffalo firmware.
H2F Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #127
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2F Scott
Does anyone know if I can crossflash back to the 112D firmware? I'm currently using the 112L Buffalo firmware.
You can use TDB PIONEER DVR-112D 1.15 * RPC1 (* TDB Flasher w/Kernel).

http://tdb.rpc1.org/
LG H55N 1.00, LG H42N RJ11 Speedpatched, LG H22N 1.01, LG H22L 1.00
Lite-On SH-16A7S SATA WS04 FB-EOS, Lite-On LH-18A1P@BenQ DW1800 ZB35 FB , Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0A FB-EOS
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08
0301orih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #128
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0301orih
You can use TDB PIONEER DVR-112D 1.15 * RPC1 (* TDB Flasher w/Kernel).

http://tdb.rpc1.org/
I just tried it and I got an error saying "Unable to Set Kernel Mode".

I think my drive is pooped (see my other thread in here). This will be the second drive that's died randomly, for no apparant reason.
Old 10-05-2007   #129
Optical Media Freak

Remove any disc in the drive and maybe try in Safemode.
koba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #130
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by koba
Remove any disc in the drive and maybe try in Safemode.
Just tried in safe mode and got "Upload and burn failed" error.
Old 11-05-2007   #131
MyCE Resident

Then flash in another computer.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #132
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chef_
Then flash in another computer.
It's fixed now. Stupid JMicron incompatibility. ¬_¬
Old 12-05-2007   #133
Banned

Quote:
The A12 has special features regarding noise reduction which the 112 series of drives do not have.
This special feature is that hardware related or more firmware related? In short, wot is so special about that feature qua burn quality perhaps?

Quote:
The A12 is also able to use Pioneers Quiet Drive Utility.
Again, wot does that exactly? Wots so usefull about that?

Quote:
Functions of the A12 are the same as the 112L (DVD-RAM and LF support). There is no Buffalo firmware avaialble for A12 drives.
Does the A12 supports bit setting for both formats in their original firmware? Or do i need TDB's package to get that feature? Also, are all the firmwares modified by tdb in such a way that i cant update from an original manufactured firmware anymore. I mean, ill be depending on TDB releases from then on right?

Furthermore, please say that the A12 comes only in bulk=pioneer not oem. Its to my understanding that only buffalo is used for oem devices right! And according the site the A12 comes only as pioneer flavor
So wot do u mean by no buffalo yet then? I thought oem=8.xx pioneer=1.xx

Koba,

Again, i Realy want to know wot they actualy mean onsite by and not just only A12 but A12/112L?

Also, is there any news regarding the latest firmware for the 112L?

many tnx,

urs kabster,
kabukijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #134
Optical Media Freak

A12 noise reduction: Special Hardware design to reduce noise and inside the drive you will find special foam attached to the housing to reduce noise. Slightly different tray design to reduce noise and improve disc stability while writing. Support for Quiet Drive Utility through firmware
There should not be any difference in quality of the burned discs because of this.

Pioneer Quiet Drive Utility: Is a special Utility to set the drives behaviour when inserting a disc. There are 3 different operation modes and a speed limit setting.
1. Quiet Mode
Factory Default mode, which utilizes the Quiet Drive feature to its fullest potential. Upon disc insertion, low speed setting is on. When deemed necessary, the drive intelligently switches to high speed setting. The Quiet Drive Utility is always on, therefore will switch between high speed setting and low speed setting when deemed appropriate.
Note A.High speed setting may be triggered during very high quality video playback.
Note B.Switching from high speed setting to low speed setting during video playback may cause occasional pauses in video.
2. Performance Mode
Upon disc insertion, high speed setting is on. When audio or video playback occurs, the drive intelligently switches to low speed setting. The Quiet Drive Utility is always on, therefore will switch between high speed setting and low speed setting when deemed appropriate.
Note C.High speed setting may be triggered during very high quality video playback.
Note D.Switching from high speed setting to low speed setting during video playback may cause occasional pauses in video.
3. Standard Mode
Shuts down the Quiet Drive feature. The drive will operate similar to our standard setting of maximum performance for playback, with the only exception of commercial DVD-Video titles including CSS. Upon insertion of a commercial DVD-Video title, the drive will operate in low speed setting. This setting will remain until disc removal. If the Quiet Drive Utility causes issues in other applications, setting to standard mode may resolve issues.
4. limit read speed
This option can reduce the amount of drive operational noise during high speed setting.
By selecting limit read speed, the maximum read speeds become
DVD(Single layer) 8X Max
DVD(Dual layer) 8X Max
CD 24X Max

Others: The 1.xx firmwares for A12 allow the use of the Pioneer utility (you can patch the utility so that it works with 112 series with 1.xx firmwares but only limited support).
1.xx will only allow bitsetting on +R DL. Buffalo (8.xx) firmware will allow bitsetting to +R and +R DL. For bitsetting you have to use Buffalo based or original Buffalo firmware.
After updating with a TDB fimrware you need a special firmware flasher to use original firmwares.
Buffalo are normal OEM drives with special modified firmwares made by Pioneer for Buffalo.
1.xx is Pioneer firmware and 8.xx is Buffalo firmware.
Actually A12 is Pioneer Advanced and 112/D/L are OEM and General models. 112 series sold by Pioneer all have 1.xx firmware.
There are 6 different firmwares for the A12/112 series.
A12 1.xx firmware, 112 1.xx firmware, 112D 1.xx firmware, 112L 1.xx firmware and 112L Buffalo 8.xx firmware and 112D Buffalo 8.xx firmware.
All firmwares are different but you can crossflash your drive to any of these firmwares as long as TDB provides them. TDB only adds RPC free and crossflash ability to the firmware package. TDB do not add bitsetting capabilities to the firmwares.

A12/112/112D/112L (with official firmware):
A12 is Pioneers Advanced flavor and has LF, DVD-RAM writing, Quiet drive utility support and special hardware design to reduce operation noise. Uses 1.xx firmware for A12 and PIO_ADV kernel. In Windows it gets reported as 112L. Always has a black tray regardless of bezel color not as with 112/112d/112L.
112D is Pioneers General flavour and has no LF and no RAM writing support. Uses 1.xx firmware for 112D and GENERAL kernel. In Windows it gets reported as 112D.
112 is Pioneers General flavour and has no LF support. It has -RAM writing support. Uses 1.xx firmware for 112 and GENERAL kernel. In Windows it gets reported as 112.
112L is Pioneers General flavour and has LF and DVD-RAM writing support. Uses 1.xx firmware for 112L and GENERAL kernel. In Windows it gets reported as 112L.
These drives do not allow bitsetting on +R but will bitset +R DL

DVM-RXG18FB/B series and DVSM-XL1218FB/B series (with official firmware):
DVM-RXG18FB/B series is sold by Buffalo based on Pioneer 112D OEM flavour. Same features as Pioneer 112D but with customized firmware for +R and +R DL bitsetting. Uses 8.xx firmware for DVM-RXG18FB/B series and OEM_INT kernel. In Windows it gets reported as 112D.
DVSM-XL1218FB/B series is sold by Buffalo and is based on Pioneer 112L OEM flavour. Same features as Pioneer 112L but with customized firmware for +R and +R DL bitsetting. Uses 8.xx firmware for DVSM-XL1218FB/B series and OEM_INT kernel. In Windows it gets reported as 112L.

There will be no firmware by Buffalo to enable the advanced features the A12 has. In my oppinion if you want to crossflash your drive A12 or DVSM-XL1218FB are the best options since you get LF and RAM writing support. I wouldnt bother with crossflashing to 112 or 112D or DVM-RXG18FB. So you have to decide if you want to have the advanced settigns and +R DL bitsetting or bitsetting of +R and +R DL and no advanced settings.
Newest firmware at the moment is 1.15 for A12 and 112/112D/112L and 8.09 for DVM-RXG18FB and DVSM-XL1218FB.
Old 13-05-2007   #135
Banned

Tnx koba

It becomes all clear to me now,

However,

Quote:
A12 noise reduction: Special Hardware design to reduce noise and inside the drive you will find special foam attached to the housing to reduce noise. Slightly different tray design to reduce noise and improve disc stability while writing. Support for Quiet Drive Utility through firmware
There should not be any difference in quality of the burned discs because of this.
It shocks a bit even though the a12 features noise reduction the burn quality is not that different from an burn made by an 112 serie.

Quote:
Pioneer Quiet Drive Utility: Is a special Utility to set the drives behaviour when inserting a disc. There are 3 different operation modes and a speed limit setting.
1. Quiet Mode
Factory Default mode, which utilizes the Quiet Drive feature to its fullest potential. Upon disc insertion, low speed setting is on. When deemed necessary, the drive intelligently switches to high speed setting. The Quiet Drive Utility is always on, therefore will switch between high speed setting and low speed setting when deemed appropriate.
Note A.High speed setting may be triggered during very high quality video playback.
Note B.Switching from high speed setting to low speed setting during video playback may cause occasional pauses in video.
2. Performance Mode
Upon disc insertion, high speed setting is on. When audio or video playback occurs, the drive intelligently switches to low speed setting. The Quiet Drive Utility is always on, therefore will switch between high speed setting and low speed setting when deemed appropriate.
Note C.High speed setting may be triggered during very high quality video playback.
Note D.Switching from high speed setting to low speed setting during video playback may cause occasional pauses in video.
3. Standard Mode
Shuts down the Quiet Drive feature. The drive will operate similar to our standard setting of maximum performance for playback, with the only exception of commercial DVD-Video titles including CSS. Upon insertion of a commercial DVD-Video title, the drive will operate in low speed setting. This setting will remain until disc removal. If the Quiet Drive Utility causes issues in other applications, setting to standard mode may resolve issues.
4. limit read speed
This option can reduce the amount of drive operational noise during high speed setting.
By selecting limit read speed, the maximum read speeds become
DVD(Single layer) 8X Max
DVD(Dual layer) 8X Max
CD 24X Max
Isnt that a bit the same feature as wot Anydvd uses to set read speeds for several task. i.e when playing dvd or ripping speed etc... right!

Quote:
Others: The 1.xx firmwares for A12 allow the use of the Pioneer utility (you can patch the utility so that it works with 112 series with 1.xx firmwares but only limited support).
Just to avoid misunderstandings
U are reffering to the pioneer quiet drive utility, right ?

Quote:
Buffalo are normal OEM drives with special modified firmwares made by Pioneer for Buffalo.
Huh, havent i read somewhere that pioneer doesnt supports buffalo models in general at ALL? U even have posted an yet dificult to find japanese site to review buffalo releases in the past .Further more if pioneer supports it like u say, wouldnt i find it back onsite pioneer? Wich i still not have found as of today. If u found an english site for buffalo release regarding the 112L please feel free to post it .

Again because...
Quote:
1.xx is Pioneer firmware and 8.xx is Buffalo firmware.
Quote:
For bitsetting you have to use Buffalo based.
Are those the firmwares TDB exclusivily makes? Or are u refering to pioneer patched firmwares!!?

Because u clearly said
Quote:
TDB only adds RPC free and crossflash ability to the firmware package. TDB do not add bitsetting capabilities to the firmwares.
No BITSETTING i read here!!!

Quote:
A12 is Pioneers Advanced flavor and has LF, DVD-RAM writing
Sorry, but wot is LF?

Quote:
DVSM-XL1218FB/B series is sold by Buffalo and is based on Pioneer 112L OEM flavour. Same features as Pioneer 112L but with customized firmware for +R and +R DL bitsetting. Uses 8.xx firmware for DVSM-XL1218FB/B series and OEM_INT kernel. In Windows it gets reported as 112L.
Oh my, so i have infact crossflashed my 112D Pioneer not oem to a DVSM-XL1218FB/B series instead of 112L right? But it reports in my OS as 112L because its based on that model, right? If so, why not calling the device as it is....? Why making it so complicated?

Quote:
There will be no firmware by Buffalo to enable the advanced features the A12 has. In my oppinion if you want to crossflash your drive A12 or DVSM-XL1218FB are the best options since you get LF and RAM writing support. I wouldnt bother with crossflashing to 112 or 112D or DVM-RXG18FB. So you have to decide if you want to have the advanced settigns and +R DL bitsetting or bitsetting of +R and +R DL and no advanced settings.
Newest firmware at the moment is 1.15 for A12 and 112/112D/112L and 8.09 for DVM-RXG18FB and DVSM-XL1218FB.
I got it now My drive is currently a 112D@112L or should i say 112D@DVSM-XL1218FB (based on 112L)?

And iam very happy whit it for now. Iam looking forward for the next firm release for that model.

Many tnx

Urs truly Kabster,
Old 14-05-2007   #136
MyCE Resident

You talk about Buffalo and don't know what LF means?!?!

LF == Labelflash

Why should anyone of the patches INCLUDE/ADD bitsetting to a firmware?
Can you imagine what horrortrip that is............

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Old 14-05-2007   #137
Optical Media Freak

kabukijo:
1) A12 noise reduction: A12 uses a design to lower operation "sound". A12 has a special design and foams inside the case to reduce audible noise. A12 should be quieter when operating it.
2) Quiet Drive Utility: Its something like the feature in AnyDVD.
3) You can patch the quiet drive utility so that it works with all 112 dirves with the 1.xx firmware. But it is only limited support. If you want full support use A12 firmware.
4) Support by Pioneer: Buffalo drives are supported by Buffalo. The Buffalo drives are based on Pioneer drives and use specialized firmware only provided to Buffalo by Pioneer. Pioneer will not support any drives with Buffalo firmware or drives sold by Buffalo. It is the same as with rebadged Liteons etc.
5) Firmwares by Pioneer and Buffalo: 1.xx is the naming scheme of the official firmwares by Pioneer. 8.xx is the naming scheme of the official firmwares by Buffalo.
The big difference with these two firmwares is a) the Kernel and b) bitsetting support for DVD+R.
6) TDB only mods the official firmwares by Buffalo or Pioneer. The only functionality TDB adds to the firmwares is the ability to crossflash (marked by an * on TDB pages) and add region free support. All other features like bitsetting are not done by TDB.
7) LF: As _chef_ already wrote LF is Labelflash.
8) You have crossflashed your drive with firmware supplied by Buffalo but modified by TDB and eventualy me. Well just think of the Buffalo drive as a rebadge of Pioneer Drives but only the firmware is different.
Old 14-05-2007   #138
Banned

Quote:
You talk about Buffalo and don't know what LF means?!?!

LF == Labelflash

Chef,

I just didnt recognize the LF abbreviation at that time , that doesnt mean i dont know wot Labelflash (blue label monochrome if iam not mistaken) aswell as Lightscribe is for that matter . That said, Lightscribe as in LS , right?

Quote:
Can u explain me that once more
I Mean isnt it obviously why!?

To Koba,

U pretty much have asnwered all my faqs

except one tiny thing...

U say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba
4) The Buffalo drives are based on Pioneer drives and use specialized firmware only provided to Buffalo by Pioneer.
Thats pretty much clear now to me but....

Then again, u say somewot contradictionary to me sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba
Pioneer will not support any drives with Buffalo firmware or drives sold by Buffalo. It is the same as with rebadged Liteons etc.
U see, on one hand u say its provided by pioneer to buffalo not the other way arround is it !? And on the other hand u say pioneer will not support drives whit buffalo
Wich one is it now?
I hate to say it, but do u see how misunderstandings can evolve that way!!

Many tnx koba,

Urs Truly happily KabsteR
Old 14-05-2007   #139
MyCE Resident

Sorry, I cannot see a problem from Koba's posting.

Pioneer engineers have written the firmwares for the Pioneer burners. Buffalo only rebadges them with their own name, so they are OEM. But they are not just stupid rebadgers, they include some nice functions into that firmwares; eg bitsetting for DVD+R media. Of course only Buffalo is responsible for the drives & firmwares they sell or provide, as it is with all other manufacturers.

Maybe I've mistyped my post a lil bit, "patches" should be "patchers".
Herrie did that once for the old NEC burners - added bitsetting features to some firmwares.

Old 15-05-2007   #140
New on Forum

I have the Pioneer 112D (1810) 1.15 firmware

Over all just wondering what all you really think of Buffalo firmware vs Pioneer Firmware.

Over All can one or the other Burn more blank Media mfg's at faster speed then the other?

Been On these forums for over 5 Years now,

this is a great site like always. I know there is pro's and con's on both firmwares. Auto book type I like.

Some Detailed feed back would be nice. Rating each if you have used both types of firmwares.

Thanks Guys.....

fnice

Pioneer DVD-120 1.23 (Good DVD Reader)
LG GCC-4320B 1.02 (Good CD-R) Looking 4 modded Firmware have one)?
Lite-On LDW 851S (851S@SOHW-832S CG5M)
Plextor PX-712A 1.09 (Great Burns)
Pioneer DVR 1810 :
Firmware: Pioneer 112D@112L/8.21
Drive/Firmware: Pioneer 112D@112L/8.21
(Great 18x DVD±R Burner)
-=Have a few more Burners also=-

-= Just Crappy Burners=-
Yamaha CRW-F1 (R.I.P) (Crap)
Sony 500a (R.I.P) (Crap)
fnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007   #141
MyCE Resident

I have both and both work just great, I use the 112L for burning as it bitsets it to a DVD-ROM like the pressed DVD's are which will allow it to play in any DVD player
2.81 GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
( Old like me ) But does the job great
Pioneer 112L FW 8.25
Pioneer 112L FW 8.25
Taiyo Yuden & Verbatim +R's Only In My Burners
DVDFAB

Paid Not To Work
US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )(San Diego Gas & Electric Retired (20 years)
Proudly Served On
USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007   #142
CD Freaks Senior Member

fnice,

As Jimbo mentioned above, both firmware work just great. If you like auto bitsetting for +R SL, go with the Buffalo firmware.
Lite-On SH-16A7S SATA WS04 FB-EOS, Lite-On LH-18A1P@BenQ DW1800 ZB35 FB , Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0A FB-EOS
Old 15-05-2007   #143
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0301orih
fnice,

As Jimbo mentioned above, both firmware work just great. If you like auto bitsetting for +R SL, go with the Buffalo firmware.
ThankYou for the reply.

for the 1810 aka 112D current firmware 1.15

what Buffalo firmware can I use with my 1810?

Maybe Patched Buffalo 112L or Original Buffalo 112L 8.09 or newer - pro's & con's here?

I'm sure I can use A12 or Pioneer Quiet Drive Utility. Or can't I with my drive?

I also need to know if I can convert back to 1.15 org firmware?

I downloaded koba's firmware pack. what's quick link to other Buffalo firmware

I want the auto bit setting option.

So far I went to http://tdb.rpc1.org/
PIONEER DVR-112D
Currently RPC1 firmwares based on 8.06 INT (Buffalo-Internal), 1.09 *, and 1.15 *.

Trying the 1.15 from there

* TDB Flasher w/Kernel

Thanks for all the help Guys !!!

Pioneer DVR 1810 :
(Great 18x DVD±R Burner)

-= Just Crappy Burners=-
Sony 500a (R.I.P) (Crap)

Last edited by fnice; 15-05-2007 at 23:12.
Old 16-05-2007   #144
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnice
ThankYou for the reply.

for the 1810 aka 112D current firmware 1.15

what Buffalo firmware can I use with my 1810?
Yep, you can. You can use PIONEER DVR-112L Currently RPC1 firmware based on 8.06 INT (Buffalo-Internal) * (* TDB Flasher w/Kernel).

Quote:
Maybe Patched Buffalo 112L or Original Buffalo 112L 8.09 or newer - pro's & con's here?
You need to flash with TDB's 112L 8.06* first and then use Koba's package to flash with the original Buffalo firmware.

Quote:
I'm sure I can use A12 or Pioneer Quiet Drive Utility. Or can't I with my drive?
Yep. you can. You can also use Koba's package for that.

Quote:
I also need to know if I can convert back to 1.15 org firmware?
You can use TDB's 112D firmware. Your drive will remain as RPC1 though.

Quote:
I downloaded koba's firmware pack. what's quick link to other Buffalo firmware
So far, 8.09 is the latest firmware. So, it's included in Koba's package.

Quote:
I want the auto bit setting option.

So far I went to http://tdb.rpc1.org/
PIONEER DVR-112D
Currently RPC1 firmwares based on 8.06 INT (Buffalo-Internal), 1.09 *, and 1.15 *.

Trying the 1.15 from there

* TDB Flasher w/Kernel
As I mentioned above, you need TDB's 112L firmware for that purpose.

Old 16-05-2007   #145
New on Forum

0301orih:

Thanks Alot for the info, just wanted to make sure.

Also Thanks for all the Help! Peace.

fnice

Pioneer DVR 1810 :
(Great 18x DVD±R Burner)

-= Just Crappy Burners=-
Sony 500a (R.I.P) (Crap)

Last edited by fnice; 16-05-2007 at 22:15.
Old 17-05-2007   #146
New on Forum

hi guys.
i have flash my 112D with 1.15 of this:

PIONEER DVR-112D
* TDB Flasher w/Kernel

after, my drive can't read and write any cd-r but previous flash my drive works fine
any solution?
with dvd i don't have problem.
help me

sorry for my bad english but i'm italian.
thedok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007   #147
MyCE Resident

Start up in SAFE MODE, check reading CDs.

Uninstall the ide drivers - restart.

Old 19-05-2007   #148
New on Forum

Quote:
Start up in SAFE MODE, check reading CDs.

Uninstall the ide drivers - restart.
nothing...
my drive continue to read only dvd.
how can i back to the original fimrware?
thedok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007   #149
MyCE Resident

Then the cd part could be damaged.

Maybe try to RMA it.

Old 21-05-2007   #150
New on Forum

fw v1.21 is out
http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-...html#firmware1
Hex7d0 is offline   Reply With Quote